• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

how Kc and Rg3 stack up

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just as i have defended Rg3 on these types of things i will do the same for KC . yeah he missed it, but give the young qb time to mature and he will handle it

the guy is as young as Rg3 he will make errors of youth

:agree: just food for thought and something to watch for.

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KC is going to keep the job when RG3 gets back, then Gruden is going to have to find a way to get the run game on track. We only averaged 3 yds per carry when for the first two games it was 4.95. We need to have a good running game if we are going to win in the east. Our O-line we know is not ready for being a pass first team. When we face a better pass rush teams it is going to be very difficult for KC to make all the plays.

RG3 was coming out of his shell in the Jacksonville game and it looked like they game planed different then the first week. The deep ball to D-Jax was spot on and should have been ruled a catch and we would be singing his praise, because it would have change the complexion of that game and he might have not gotten hurt trying to make a play if we were up by 7 at that point.

RG3 and KC are two totally different QB's. They both are good and have different talents. The question that will need to be answered when RG3 is healthy is which gives us the better chance to win. KC will get his chance to prove this over the next couple of weeks. I think RG3 proved it in his rookie year he can win and was starting to show signs of maturity this year.

All I know, I do not want to be in Gruden's shoes when the time comes to make that decision. I am hoping that KC will make it an easy decision (which means we have more wins then losses), but we do have a tough schedule for him to do this with.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fan base and the team need to decide what kind of qb they want . most are down on Rg3

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fan base and the team need to decide what kind of qb they want . most are down on Rg3

I don't know if I would characterize it as down on RG3, more so maybe concerned. They are definitely high on KC.......right now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I would characterize it as down on RG3, more so maybe concerned. They are definitely high on KC.......right now.

it is and has always been down on him

as much as i defend the guy down is the proper word

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think this fanbase as a whole is critical of the QB position period. They are starved for good QB play. Over the next few games, if KC plays average the same amount of criticism will be launched at him IMO. And given our injuries and that Seattle will be in the upcoming games, I'm sure KC a will get his share of critiquing.

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really does not matter what the fan base wants. Look at Philly when they got McNabb. They where so pissed they wanted to run the coach and GM out of town. Then look what he did for them. Brought them to multiple Championship games.

It is what the coach wants and what the TEAM NEEDS, that will make that decision. As Fans we think we know what is needed but in reality we are not in the meetings and practices to see what is going on behind the curtain.

At this point I do not care who plays, as long as we win. I do not want to be 6 and 10 with a QB that threw for over 4K yards if it does not go down as wins. Stats mean nothing in this league. Ask Marino about stats. Most people will not even put him in the top 10 QB's of all time because he does not have a ring, same with Jim Kelly, but they both have great stats, but could not win the big one because they were too one dimensional. They had no mobility to stretch plays. Mario did not want a running game and Kelly had the running game, but when it came to the big game and they fell behind the defense knew where he was going to be and punished him.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From John Keim

Second thoughts: Washington Redskins-Philadelphia Eagles - ESPN

Excerpt

Need to re-watch the game, but I am curious why quarterback Kirk Cousins' play dropped off in the second half against extra rushers in particular. The Eagles sent at least five rushers on 48 percent of his drop-backs in the second half, according to ESPN Stats & Information, and Cousins completed three-of-11 passes in those situations compared to nine of 11 in the first half. A blueprint for other teams? We’ll see.
His interception came against an extra rusher -- Cousins made a bad decision to try and hit tight end Niles Paul. He wasn’t open and the pass was overthrown -- perhaps if it’s Jordan Reed I would consider making that pass. He’s bigger and more athletic and can make circus catches. But Paul was clearly not expecting the ball.

But considering the Redskins did not have great success running the ball, and didn’t have Reed, and had a less-than-healthy DeSean Jackson ... to produce 511 yards is quite impressive.

Still, I’ll be curious to see how defenses adjust to Cousins. The key for any quarterback is evolving your game so when a defense adjusts you can still flourish. There is a long way to go before the final verdict is in on Cousins, good or bad. Last season he started well against Atlanta and the next two games did not go as well. Sunday, Cousins played well (coming off a good outing vs. Jacksonville). Now do it again Thursday. But he does a lot of things well, which is why the next five or six weeks are intriguing.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Steve Shoup

While the RGIII vs Cousins debate will surely rage on, the fact of the matter is Cousins is playing very good football right now and that is what's most important at the moment. Cousins had a brilliant game against an Eagles secondary who just came off a game where they limited Andrew Luck on the road. Cousins though picked apart the Eagles, spreading the ball around to his four big weapons and just exploiting the holes in the Eagles coverage. Cousins did everything you could want him to do. He was quick and accurate with his throws which allowed for some nice pick-ups and limited the pass rush. He felt pressure well and did a nice job not forcing throws for the most part. Cousins wasn't perfect as he did have one interception and the Eagles clamped down on him late in the game, but it probably wasn't all on Cousins as well. On his interception, he was clearly on the wrong page with Niles Paul. Whether that was on Cousins or Paul is unknown, but it's also a case of having a back-up QB and a back-up TE, guys who didn't get near as much work this offseason as the starters. Cousins and Pierre Garcon also looked to be out of sync on a crucial pass at the end of the game. If that pass was completed the Redskins at least would have had a chance to tie the game if not win it out right. Though those types of throws are frustrating, hopefully with Cousins now working as a starter those types of errors can be corrected going forward.