• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

how Kc and Rg3 stack up

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiem nailed it. I'll take either QB

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be wondering if our o line problems will go away b/c of Cousins quick release and identifying defenses quicker. So psyched for this game.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAhxM1hjXlQ]Caruso makes Frank look stupid (One Line pwnage) - YouTube[/ame]
:lol: I had to Dad!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the pass protection gets better, but the run blocking suffers w/o the threat of a QB who can be a dangerous runner.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many yards did Morris run for last year when Griffin couldn't effectively run?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different team this year. The whole offense is better. Plus we have no Reed and maybe no Jackson.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many yards did Morris run for last year when Griffin couldn't effectively run?

First 13 games with Griff as QB in 2013 - 218 carries/1,027 yards/4.7 ypc/6 TDs.

Alf's stats against Hou with Griff as QB in 2014 - 14 carries/91 yards/6.5 ypc/0 TDs.

Last 3 games with KC as QB in 2013 - 58 carries/248 yards/4.2 ypc/1 TD.

Alf's stats against Jax with KC as QB in 2014 - 22 carries/85 yards/3..8 ypc/2 TDs.

In 2012 in KC's only start vs Cleveland, Alf's stats were 27 carries/87 yards/3.2 ypc/2 TDs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First 13 games with Griff as QB in 2013 - 218 carries/1,027 yards/4.7 ypc/6 TDs.

Alf's stats against Hou with Griff as QB in 2014 - 14 carries/91 yards/6.5 ypc/0 TDs.

Last 3 games with KC as QB in 2013 - 58 carries/248 yards/4.2 ypc/1 TD.

Alf's stats against Jax with KC as QB in 2014 - 22 carries/85 yards/3..8 ypc/2 TDs.

In 2012 in KC's only start vs Cleveland, Alf's stats were 27 carries/87 yards/3.2 ypc/2 TDs.

Umm Griffin had no legs last year so i am not reading too much into any stat from last year. Two games with a new head coach and each game with a different QB. We'll see, nice fantasy league stats.nbe interesting to watch the next few games.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm Griffin had no legs last year so i am not reading too much into any stat from last year.

Umm then what the fuck did you ask this for?

Sportster said:

Ass backwards stupid is not a good way to go through life homey.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the pass protection gets better, but the run blocking suffers w/o the threat of a QB who can be a dangerous runner.

Dude I dont think so. RG3 was NOT a threat to run last year, and our rushing attack was still top flight. Morris lost an average of .2 yards per carry in 2013 and had 59 less carries. Now if he had gotten 3/4 of those missed carries at a 4.6 yards per carry average, he would have gone for 1546 yards. So I dont think our ground game depends on Rg3 as much as some would think.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm then what the fuck did you ask this for?

Ass backwards stupid is not a good way to go through life homey.

You need to check that attitude, don't know where you came from but we don't act like tha here. If you don't agree that is fine but you better watch that name calling. All you did is put up stats, you didn't give any situational stats.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Kirk Cousins differs from RG III - Washington Redskins Blog - ESPN

here is how these guys measure up in qb skills

very fair job i say

notice what kiem says about holding the ball

Pretty fair write up dad. I have said many times that I am a fan of Cousins but at the same time I am not sure he will succeed in a big way. He still has things to learn and certainly he hasn't had very much playing time in the NFL. He is the more accomplished pocket QB but there are some things to watch for now that he is going to be playing for a few weeks. We know he can get the ball out quick and throw to spots. I think most would agree he is also prone to the INT.

I expect Philly to blitz him and try to force him into a mistake. Coach has said this is something Kirk needs work on. Cousins has expressed how much he likes Grudens offense and how he feels it suits him. Just like I said before Griffin got hurt I will be looking for the coaches to come up with a game plan that will help him.

You can't come on here or turn on ESPN or the NFL Network right now without hearing how Cousins will fare and if he might push Griffin out as starter. I really believe Griffin will return to the starting position but no matter what this is Kirk's chance to show he is an NFL caliber starter for whoever he ends up starting for. We fans can benefit from that by getting some by hopefully getting some wins.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to check that attitude, don't know where you came from but we don't act like tha here. If you don't agree that is fine but you better watch that name calling. All you did is put up stats, you didn't give any situational stats.

I posted a general comment, that I wish I would've prefaced better by saying the the run blocking might suffer some as I don't think Alf's production with KC at QB is bad, but its clearly better with Grif at QB, whether he was an ineffective runner or not. Nonetheless it was a general comment.

You asked a general question to my general comment. I gave you a general answer to the general question you asked. Which apparently sent you into stuck on stupid 14 year old girl mode.

As for where I come from. Its a place where I have neither the time, desire, or patience to deal with knuckleheads and triflin ass bitches. Who either don't know what to ask, how to ask it or getting woodies when a player gets hurt. So you're right. I don't belong here.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted a general comment, that I wish I would've prefaced better by saying the the run blocking might suffer some as I don't think Alf's production with KC at QB is bad, but its clearly better with Grif at QB, whether he was an ineffective runner or not. Nonetheless it was a general comment.

You asked a general question to my general comment. I gave you a general answer to the general question you asked. Which apparently sent you into stuck on stupid 14 year old girl mode.

As for where I come from. Its a place where I have neither the time, desire, or patience to deal with knuckleheads and triflin ass bitches. Who either don't know what to ask, how to ask it or getting woodies when a player gets hurt. So you're right. I don't belong here.

Breed, I know we can all agree that using personal insults towards other posters is not productive for any discussion or differing points of view.

Takes everyone some time to get to know each other's style, opinions and history. Misunderstandings happen.

Things get heated, but let's try and stay respectful with each other.

Again, opinions vary. We are all fans of the team.

HTTR

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC does influence pass protection as far as taking sacks

pocket passers take less sacks generally if the can read defenses and know their own offenses

running qbs tend to hold the ball longer because they can extend plays with their legs

so i would expect fewer sacks with KC because he gets the ball out in about 2.4 seconds while Rg3 takes about 1/2 second longer

as for rushing we dont have a huge sample of when KC is in there although it trends that it is worse Rg3 's threat in the run game "could' be aiding run blocking but other then some avg per carry stats i cant really prove it :suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville ran a delayed weakside blitz from both the left and right side of the defense that ended up in a sack of Cousins. In both cases the tackle had the outside LB if he came and if he didn't the tackle would turn and help the guard. Both times the OLB delayed and as the tackle started to turn to help the guard the OLB came on a blitz on a free run at the QB. Long story short they ran a game on Cousins that he did not pickup. It will be interesting to see if Philly runs a similar blitz and to see if either Cousins picks it up or the coaching staff makes an adjustment on that protection.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville ran a delayed weakside blitz from both the left and right side of the defense that ended up in a sack of Cousins. In both cases the tackle had the outside LB if he came and if he didn't the tackle would turn and help the guard. Both times the OLB delayed and as the tackle started to turn to help the guard the OLB came on a blitz on a free run at the QB. Long story short they ran a game on Cousins that he did not pickup. It will be interesting to see if Philly runs a similar blitz and to see if either Cousins picks it up or the coaching staff makes an adjustment on that protection.

just as i have defended Rg3 on these types of things i will do the same for KC . yeah he missed it, but give the young qb time to mature and he will handle it

the guy is as young as Rg3 he will make errors of youth