• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How we stack up against the Twins and Indians

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pretty good article summing up how we rate against these two top of the division ball clubs:

How Sox stack up with Twins, Indians in AL Central race

Let's face it, while anything is possible in this wacky 60 game season, the chances are the road to the division title or possibly even playoff hopes run thru Minnesota and Cleveland. If we can't get past them, then we have to make sure we at least have the AL's 7th or 8th best record. And there will likely be a lot of competition for those final two spots.

One interesting item that was mentioned is of the three teams, we may be the most balanced. LOL, when can you ever remember the Sox being balanced, unless we were equally balanced in our suckage over many a season. Hell, even in our '05 WS year, we were pitching heavy. So balance could be the key to us advancing into the postseason and possibly stealing the division title. A lot of this so-called balance tho will rely on an improved rotation.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo...It's less than 3 hours to the new season and as one of the board's more pessimistic regs I'm just gonna go ahead and say f*ck those two teams and I hope I'm proven way wrong about this year's prospects in a good way.

GO GO WHITE SOX. So glad the season is here.

See you boys on the flip to either celebrate or commiserate. :)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pretty good article summing up how we rate against these two top of the division ball clubs:

How Sox stack up with Twins, Indians in AL Central race

Let's face it, while anything is possible in this wacky 60 game season, the chances are the road to the division title or possibly even playoff hopes run thru Minnesota and Cleveland. If we can't get past them, then we have to make sure we at least have the AL's 7th or 8th best record. And there will likely be a lot of competition for those final two spots.

One interesting item that was mentioned is of the three teams, we may be the most balanced. LOL, when can you ever remember the Sox being balanced, unless we were equally balanced in our suckage over many a season. Hell, even in our '05 WS year, we were pitching heavy. So balance could be the key to us advancing into the postseason and possibly stealing the division title. A lot of this so-called balance tho will rely on an improved rotation.

Our staff will not be Cleveland's and Minnesota's lineup is frightening. I am unimpressed by Minnesota's staff and Cleveland's lineup, though. I mean, especially Cleveland. They're not better than last season on paper where they missed the playoffs. A few pieces fall into place with our young guys and we could absolutely have a fantastic lineup with a rock solid rotation.