• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How is Case Keenum not a top 10 pick?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. If he's there in the 3rd or 4th we should nab him. He's a freak.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem for Keenum is that NFL scouts don't see him the way the general public does. The general public sees his stats and their face automatically turns to this :eek2:

But a good amount of his stats are coming from screen passes turning into 65 yard touchdowns and YAC (yards after catch) from his extremely fast WRs.

I am of the small group of people who thinks Keenum will actually be a bust at the next level. I don't think we'll hear much of him after this season is over unfortunately.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's very trendy and cliche to talk that way just because a guy plays a small school. And that's exactly why his stock is nowhere near where it should be. The guy is Andy Dalton with a better arm. He's a winner and he's gonna be a starter in the NFL for a very long time.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's very trendy and cliche to talk that way just because a guy plays a small school. And that's exactly why his stock is nowhere near where it should be. The guy is Andy Dalton with a better arm. He's a winner and he's gonna be a starter in the NFL for a very long time.

If he lands on a team that runs an offense like they do at N.E. GB NO IND...he'll be fine.

The problem with so many QB's in the draft...people draft them and then totally try and change what made that QB so good before. If the QB is a west-cost offense QB...don't draft him to run a spread offense.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Same reason David Klingler shouldn't have been a top pick.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton ran the spread piston offense. Just saying.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case Keenum = Colt Brennan

Your thinking = my thinking.

I will be interested to see how he does against Penn State's defense in the Ticket City Bowl........cuz that's actually a decent defense they have up there.

Penn State is #10 in total defense.............#5 in passing defense.

Prove me wrong Case Keenum.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just doing some quick research......................the top defense Houston has faced this year is Southern Mississippi at #31 overall.............and they are #69 against the pass. And Obviously they smoked Houston and caused Keenum to throw 2 picks.

Only one other team is in the top 50 on total defense that they faced.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just doing some quick research......................the top defense Houston has faced this year is Southern Mississippi at #31 overall.............and they are #69 against the pass. And Obviously they smoked Houston and caused Keenum to throw 2 picks.

Only one other team is in the top 50 on total defense that they faced.

I figured as much... and if Southern Miss is #31 against the competition they faced... they probably ain't that good.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's his fault his conference blows? Y'all aint makin no sense. Big Ben played in the MAC (which is dogshit). He turned out fine.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's his fault his conference blows? Y'all aint makin no sense. Big Ben played in the MAC (which is dogshit). He turned out fine.

The sense I'm trying to make is this..........

Keenum played against no good defenses all season..............threw 3 picks.

Then he played against the #69 pass defense in the country........which was the best defense he played all year long...........and that was Southern Miss, who played nobody all year........................................and he threw 2 picks and Houston got blown out.

The sense I'm trying to make is common sense. You can't just look at stats and make an evaluation.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i watched some of that game and i dont know how good he will be,,,,but in his defense the o-line was letting guys come free and he was harassed constantly every time i tuned in

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sense I'm trying to make is this..........

Keenum played against no good defenses all season..............threw 3 picks.

Then he played against the #69 pass defense in the country........which was the best defense he played all year long...........and that was Southern Miss, who played nobody all year........................................and he threw 2 picks and Houston got blown out.

The sense I'm trying to make is common sense. You can't just look at stats and make an evaluation.

When he breaks every known record I most certainly can just look at the stats.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Isolated incidents doesn't make good evidence. QB's are a gamble and nobody is looking to take one who has never had to throw frozen ropes through complex schemes because they play cupcakes. Keenum will get his shot and may surprise but looking at his broken records isn't a good way to evaluate. Pretty sure almost every guy to break those records or come close to it over the past 20 years (Kingsbury, Harrell, Change, Rattay, Lefevour, Kolb) hasn't had the most luck in the NFL. Rivers is one of the only exceptions and I suppose Mccoy and Kolb still have to be judged as they haven't had much opportunity yet.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isolated incidents doesn't make good evidence. QB's are a gamble and nobody is looking to take one who has never had to throw frozen ropes through complex schemes because they play cupcakes. Keenum will get his shot and may surprise but looking at his broken records isn't a good way to evaluate. Pretty sure almost every guy to break those records or come close to it over the past 20 years (Kingsbury, Harrell, Change, Rattay, Lefevour, Kolb) hasn't had the most luck in the NFL. Rivers is one of the only exceptions and I suppose Mccoy and Kolb still have to be judged as they haven't had much opportunity yet.

It's exhausting having to expound upon the obvious. How did that tough college competition work out for Matt Leinart? How did it work out for....insert any name you want?

Fact - Keenum completely dominated division 1 NCAA football for his entire college career. He completely obliterated it.

Will he be a success in the NFL? Maybe. The point I made was it's absolutely criminal how these supposed draft guru's come up with these rankings. In the grand scheme of things college SOS has no bearing at all on how a player will do at the next level. It's idiotic to even bring that up...yet most do...without even giving a thought to why it might be dumb to do so.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And how did all those big numbers work out for Colt Brennan and David Klingler and Andre Ware? Graham Harrell? Ty Detmer? Timmy Chang? I guess you thought all those guys were stars in waiting too since they put up ridiculous college numbers?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how did all those big numbers work out for Colt Brennan and David Klingler and Andre Ware? Graham Harrell? Ty Detmer? Timmy Chang? I guess you thought all those guys were stars in waiting too since they put up ridiculous college numbers?

There's no point in arguing. I made a valid point with Matt Leinart. If you choose to ignore that fact then there's no reason to discuss further.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How did that tough competition work out for both Mannings, Brady, and Drew Brees? Oh wait, is that a loaded example that really doesn't carry much weight? Cool. That was easy. If you choose to ignore the fact that most successful qbs aren't stat builders from spread offenses that can't deliver a ball when there is actual pressure then there's no reason to discuss further.

Just to clarify for everybody following along Keenum will be good because of two key pieces of evidence uncovered by Kramer: Big Ben went to a little school and has done well and Matt Leinart went to a big school and has done poorly and the only reason that Keenum isn't being talked about is because he goes to a small school and clearly no small school QB's get drafted high. Level of competition played has nothing to do with how good you might be, but those pretty numbers definitely mean something. You'd really have to be an idiot to not follow along here.