• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL How far will these misfit Lakers go?

How far will these misfit Lakers go?

• Implode mid-season

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Western Conference Finals Loss

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • NBA Finals Loss

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Beat the Celtics in the Finals

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • First Round Loss

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Second Round Loss

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a better player than Mbah a Moute.

Also Mbah a Moute was nonexistent in the playoffs....especially in the WCF. There is a reason he was DNP-CD in 3 of the final 4 games of that series
Better overall player? Sure.

My context was defensively.

Mr Pringles is horrible with his subbing and rotations.....fact.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Boston's youngsters are better but it's closer than Boston fans want to admit.

And I agree. Boston is fricking stacked. If anything Gordon Hayward's injury was a blessing in disguise. It gave Tatum and Brown the opportunity to grow.

Reactions: DJ

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was injured.

I know he was injured but point is Houston got that far without him playing much of a factor. If he was that important, they wouldn't have made it to the WCF.

Mbah a Moute is what he is. A solid defender and that's about it.

JR is a solid defender who can also provide a scoring boost to that bench.

I don't think Houston will be losing sleep over losing Mbah a Moute if they acquire JR. I don't think they're losing sleep now. They already got someone similar to Mbah a Moute but just with more athleticism in James Ennis.

We need to stop acting like Mbah a Moute was some great player.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR Smith's defense was key in 2016. Him and Shumpert were relentless in their pursuit of screen actions and pick and rolls. Tristan was also great in that Finals series.

But 2017? KD was blowing past JR and dunking with no one within 8-10 feet of him.

2018? We all know what happened game 1.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR Smith's defense was key in 2016. Him and Shumpert were relentless in their pursuit of screen actions and pick and rolls. Tristan was also great in that Finals series.

But 2017? KD was blowing past JR and dunking with no one within 8-10 feet of him.

2018? We all know what happened game 1.
JR is a dumb ass and not as good as he was in 2016.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he was injured but point is Houston got that far without him playing much of a factor. If he was that important, they wouldn't have made it to the WCF.

I don't think Houston will be losing sleep over losing Mbah a Moute if they acquire JR. I don't think they're losing sleep now. They already got someone similar to Mbah a Moute but just with more athleticism in James Ennis.

Ariza?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See now you're covering your tracks. You said he was nonexistent in the WCF meaning he didn't show up. Lol you were trying to make a point based on his lack of numbers until I reminded you he was hurt.

No one said he was a great player. He's a role player. But role players are key on championship teams. Especially those that specialize in defense. Ariza and Mbah A Moute were just that.

JR Smith hasn't played solid defense in a couple of seasons. And his spark off the bench is inconsistent.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

The offseason thread isn't where the action is.....

I got you a James Laker jersey, meet me in the bunker.....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See now you're covering your tracks. You said he was nonexistent in the WCF meaning he didn't show up. Lol you were trying to make a point based on his lack of numbers until I reminded you he was hurt.

No one said he was a great player. He's a role player. But role players are key on championship teams. Especially those that specialize in defense. Ariza and Mbah A Moute were just that.

JR Smith hasn't played solid defense in a couple of seasons. And his spark off the bench is inconsistent.
BOOM.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I agree. Boston is fricking stacked. If anything Gordon Hayward's injury was a blessing in disguise. It gave Tatum and Brown the opportunity to grow.
Yeah....and if Gordon or IRving don't fit in.....either can be dealt....probably IRVing IMO if they decided to make a move.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what does that has to do with his defense? His defense on Oladipo was key in several games of a series that the Cavs needed 7 games to win

Check any defensive metric. JR Smith is not a good defensive player. And he never specialized in defense. He's a scorer that CAN play defense.

Ariza and Mbah A Moute are in the same category as Shane Battier. There's players that specialize in defense and there's players that can occasionally play defense. JR is the latter.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And like I said before, they already replaced Mbah a Moute. James Ennis is a more athletic version of him. Once again they're not losing any sleep about losing him.

They still have a few solid defenders. They can throw a nice defensive lineup on the floor while hiding Melo and Harden on defense

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 wins, 2nd round of playoffs.

Y'all on crack if you honestly believe a healthy LeBron is going to miss the playoffs....

Even in the West.

It hasn't been said here.

But, I hear it all over the radio.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check any defensive metric. JR Smith is not a good defensive player. And he never specialized in defense. He's a scorer that CAN play defense.

Ariza and Mbah A Moute are in the same category as Shane Battier. There's players that specialize in defense and there's players that can occasionally play defense. JR is the latter.

Why do you keep bringing up Mbah a Moute? I said it 1000X already that he was already replaced by another defensive wing who can do the same thing he did.

And my original point in the post I replied to was that JR should never be in the same sentence as Melo when it comes to defense. He is a much better defensive player than Melo who is as bad as they come. Just an FYI, you don't have to specialize in defense to play solid defense.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keep bringing up Mbah a Moute? I said it 1000X already that he was already replaced by another defensive wing who can do the same thing he did.

And my original point in the post I replied to was that JR should never be in the same sentence as Melo when it comes to defense. He is a much better defensive player than Melo who is as bad as they come. Just an FYI, you don't have to specialize in defense to play solid defense.

Your debate is with the other guy. I quoted your post about Mbah A Moute being nonexistent and I corrected you saying he was injured.

I then commented on JR not being a good defender and that's true and backed up by any defensive metric or eye test.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WCF and Finals loss got votes? LMAO.

Must have been TLF & Shaqdaddy.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned them in the same post because those are the 2 players basically replacing Ariza and Luc.

And if you're keeping it 100.....JR is more known for his scoring and bone headed plays than his defense.

This is elementary, Watson.