• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL How far will these misfit Lakers go?

How far will these misfit Lakers go?

• Implode mid-season

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Western Conference Finals Loss

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • NBA Finals Loss

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Beat the Celtics in the Finals

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • First Round Loss

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Second Round Loss

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about?

The Celtics were a playoff team before Tatum got there. Before Brown was even a contributor. Kyrie played 60 games. Him being their the first 2/3 of the season helped Brown and Tatum ease into their roles. Once he got hurt and was unavailable to play those guys were ready to take the torch.
^ Explain the playoff run without Kyrie.
LL said:
Not to mention you have Al Horford, Terry Rozier, Marcus Smart, Marcus Morris. Let's not act like Tatum and Brown carried a team of nobodies. You're the only one exhibiting dangerous levels of homerism here
I already conceded Horford as a key difference. That aside, though... Rozier, Smart and Morris are all role players... the Lakers had them, too... just go back and read your OP (and add Randle to it, whom I'm sure would have also gotten a glowing review from you if he were still a Laker).

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is the GOAT so the Lakers will probably at least make the finals. The GOAT always delivers.
I have him around 2nd-3rd right now but he has several years left.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anybody wonders where I am the rest of the summer....they will most likely find me in here.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ This is a homer take.

Brown and Tatum led their team to the conference finals.

Ingram and Kuzma led their team to a party at Outback Steakhouse at the end of the regular season.

I'm gonna return to the point of my previous post: the Lakers were a bad team last season. Yet your take on many of their individual pieces is positively glowing. Something is not adding together here.

If you say they were/are young and have potential to grow into... fair enough. But potential is the easy part, of course... and a lot of young guys have it.
Lakersnation, however states that the reason LeBron did not push for the Lakers to sign Kawhi Leonard was because he likes the young talent with Ingram, Kuzma, and Josh Hart. Not sure if he included Lonzo Ball in that, but believes these young players can be pretty good and he is excited to work with them.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston loses defense and they want Melo and JR.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakersnation, however states that the reason LeBron did not push for the Lakers to sign Kawhi Leonard was because he likes the young talent with Ingram, Kuzma, and Josh Hart. Not sure if he included Lonzo Ball in that, but believes these young players can be pretty good and he is excited to work with them.
At the same time, though... you could add LeBron to almost ANY roster in the NBA and say... you know, they just might have somthing going there! ;)

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I already conceded Horford as a key difference. That aside, though... Rozier, Smart and Morris are all role players... the Lakers had them, too... just go back and read your OP (and add Randle to it, whom I'm sure would have also gotten a glowing review from you if he were still a Laker).
Brad Stevens is the best coach in the League.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Leomard? He's not a FA.

:L

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The playoff run that ended at the hands of Lebron? Singlehandedly halted by one man?

And now the Celtics boogie man is in LA. Been having trouble sleeping lately?

We get it. You love Tatum and Brown. But I'll reiterate, Boston was a playoff team before Tatum was on the team and before Brown was even a contributor. So let's stop acting like they carried a team of scrubs.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoff run that ended at the hands of Lebron? Singlehandedly halted by one man?

We get it. You love Tatum and Brown. But I'll reiterate, Boston was a playoff team before Tatum was on the team and before Brown was even a contributor. So let's stop acting like they carried a team of scrubs.
* Yawn *

Like I said, we'll have to agree to disagree. I'll stand by what I said. We'll see how it goes.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR is a solid defender. He frequently guarded the best perimeter players with Cleveland
He's not better than Ariza or Luc.

Downgrade.

And Melo.....don't get me started.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Leomard? He's not a FA.

:L
At the same time, though... you could add LeBron to almost ANY roster in the NBA and say... you know, they just might have somthing going there! ;)
I meant to say LJ did not push for the Lakers to TRADE for LeBron - He wants to see how the young talent plays with him. Personally I think it's really premature to say what the Lakers will do - I just want to enjoy the season and see what happens. After about 25 games, then we can talk about expectations in the post season.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that Lebron had the choice to team up with Simmons and Embid and he chose the Lakers.

Family and location certainly played a factor in his decision but he wouldn't choose LA if he didn't love the potential of the Lakers young nucleus.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not better than Ariza or Luc.

Downgrade.

And Melo.....don't get me started.

He's a better player than Mbah a Moute.

Also Mbah a Moute was nonexistent in the playoffs....especially in the WCF. There is a reason he was DNP-CD in 3 of the final 4 games of that series

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say Boston's youngsters are better but it's closer than Boston fans want to admit.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a better player than Mbah a Moute.

Also Mbah a Moute was nonexistent in the playoffs....especially in the WCF. There is a reason he was DNP-CD in 3 of the final 4 games of that series

He was injured.