• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do I free up storage space on my Samsung Galaxy phone?

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've transferred pictures to a folder on my computer by sending them to my e-mail and then made a folder on my desktop to put the pictures on my desktop computer, and I also have been deleting apps and stuff but still hasn't really freed up any space and I'm frustrated and I have no idea what to do now but can someone help me out?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've transferred pictures to a folder on my computer by sending them to my e-mail and then made a folder on my desktop to put the pictures on my desktop computer, and I also have been deleting apps and stuff but still hasn't really freed up any space and I'm frustrated and I have no idea what to do now but can someone help me out?
Have you cleared your cache in settings?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writers of Star Trek had it right long ago, and knew that decades later and into the future, Space, would still always be...the Final Frontier.

Also: Sorry...wish I could help...but I've been an Apple iPhone guy for about the last 20 years.

Miss You Good Luck GIF by PEEKASSO

Last edited:

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you tried adding storage with an sd card?

I had a samsung s20 before, now have a samsung A53 5g. Both loaded with pics and my entire song library and have had no problems.

I just looked and I have 128 gb of storage on this phone.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you tried adding storage with an sd card?

I had a samsung s20 before, now have a samsung A53 5g. Both loaded with pics and my entire song library and have had no problems.

I just looked and I have 128 gb of storage on this phone.
How is that gonna help me?

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got an old Samsung phone. Unlike many people, I don’t download games to play. I avoid downloading PDF files attached to emails because those will take up space on the phone. I don’t use the phone for photography - that's what a camera is for, and I offload any photos I do take to my desktop computer.

Unfortunately, the cell phone companies keep doing useless updates which include unwanted apps and games. They make it difficult to remove unwanted junk. The older Apple phones were always dumping unwanted games on phones that could not be removed, so eventually you had to buy a new phone to remove their garbage.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming you used the storage settings to clean out trash, old unused downloads, remove apps you don't need, etc.

That settings app should show you what is taking up most of that space and shed light on what you can remove to free some up.

As someone else pointed out, you may have a SD card slot you can add a card to that would expand storage space, but it can be a pain to move things to it and you aren't going to get core apps to use it a their storage so it can help, but offer new challenges.

My solution was just to upgrade. That free upgrade to s24 series came at a good time. Having 512G means no worry about space. Free was a great price.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming you used the storage settings to clean out trash, old unused downloads, remove apps you don't need, etc.

That settings app should show you what is taking up most of that space and shed light on what you can remove to free some up.

As someone else pointed out, you may have a SD card slot you can add a card to that would expand storage space, but it can be a pain to move things to it and you aren't going to get core apps to use it a their storage so it can help, but offer new challenges.

My solution was just to upgrade. That free upgrade to s24 series came at a good time. Having 512G means no worry about space. Free was a great price.
I don't have a slot to put an SD card