• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do all of you really feal about Brett Favre?

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't deny he has fully earned and deserves the enshrinement into the Packers' HoF that he is receiving this weekend, and I still fully appreciate everything he did for the Packers while he was wearing the uniform.

However, it still bothers me that he told Julius Peppers after the Vikings/Bears game in 2010, that he hoped the Bears would knock the Packers out of the playoff hunt when the two teams met. It still bothers me that he called the Lions front office to give them inside information on the Packers to give the Lions an advantage when they played the Packers. It still bothers me that he publicly stated that part of the reason he signed with the Vikings was to stick it to Ted Thompson and the Packers. Who knows what he did that wasn't made public?

It's obvious that he held a lot of animosity towards the Packers for a long time, but despite him saying it's all behind him and he's forgotten it, the best we get out of him is something like "both sides did things they regret". Which is true. I won't argue that. But it just doesn't seem like he is really regretful for attempting to sabotage the team and piss off the fan-base.

I know most have forgiven him, and some never will. I am completely over the fact that he played for the Vikings because I do know it was an ideal opportunity for him, but I would still like an apology from him for the things I mentioned above. Even if his explanation is that it was done in the heat of the moment because he was pissed at the Packers; I can understand the reason, as long as he shows remorse to the fans for doing it.

I will never boo him, because he did so much FOR this franchise, but I cannot cheer for him either because of what he did TO the franchise.

I just want to get a feel for what the rest of this community feels about him.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had never heard of the Julius Peppers thing, or the Lions front office thing. Hard to believe, especially the second one. I respect Brett. Hope his ceremony goes well tonight. It was sold out within an hour of tickets going on sale.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had never heard of the Julius Peppers thing, or the Lions front office thing. Hard to believe, especially the second one. I respect Brett. Hope his ceremony goes well tonight. It was sold out within an hour of tickets going on sale.

Unfortunately, they did happen.

Links about the Lions issue:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Favre-commits-football-treason-tells-Lions-abou?urn=nfl,116014

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/20/no-denials-from-lions-coaches-about-favre-report/

Links about Julius Peppers:
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/favre-tells-peppers-beat-packers/

Favre to Peppers: Beat the Packers | ProFootballTalk

I understand Brett is a Type A personality. He's competitive and hates to lose. I just want him to own up to what he did though. Any hard feelings I still have would have been gone years ago if he just admitted he did these things in the heat of anger and is sorry he did them.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 minute straight standing ovation. Best fans in sports.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody post this in the open forums so Jets and Vikings fans can tell you how they feel about what he did to their franchise.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody post this in the open forums so Jets and Vikings fans can tell you how they feel about what he did to their franchise.
He probably had the single best QB season the Vikings have ever seen in their god awful purple and gold uniforms. The jets have no opinion of him I suppose.

Randy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude sucked after he left GB

Randy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably had the single best QB season the Vikings have ever seen in their god awful purple and gold uniforms. The jets have no opinion of him I suppose.

You forgot about Fran Tarkenton?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did and didn't get any responses other than a Pat's fan. I'm led to believe that either their fans are to embarrassed to post on the general board or can't read...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did and didn't get any responses other than a Pat's fan. I'm led to believe that either their fans are to embarrassed to post on the general board or can't read...

Because you asked only for their fans to post and there are few, if any here.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did a lot for the Pack, can't deny that. He is/was a shitty human being, can't deny that either. Brett was about Brett, not sure he knew what uni he had on.

gandog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that Favre really did try to stick it to the Packers after he left. I mean he wanted to play for the Bears, and ended up in the division rival Vikings because the money there was better. But the people in Wisconsin seem to have forgiven him.They filled that stadium and gave him a 4 minute standing ovation for his Packer HOF/jersey retirement ceremony. He did appear to be very thankful for that.