• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How did you become a fan of your respective basketball team?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From before the nba was dead to me

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell, attended Morningside high school and came up in Inglewood. was just a few blocks from the Forum and used to sneak into Lakers games before Byron Scott used to do it...

Westchester > Boringside

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imperial and Western.

Right behind Lucy's and across the street from Southwest College.

Small world :suds:.

Aye I think they shut that Lucy's down.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers - Here in NW Indiana, you pretty much had to be a Bulls fan during the Jordan era, and that was whom I rooted for in my youth simply because that's who everyone around me rooted for. But as I got older, it came to a point where I wanted to choose my own favorite team. I started rooting for the Pacers the year after Jordan retired during the 1999 season. And let's face it - When you're 10/11 years old as I was then, you don't know better than to bandwagon jump sometimes. And the Pacers have been the team I've stuck with/followed most ever since. Officially gave up my allegiances to the Bulls in 2006 for obvious reasons when they signed Ben Wallace (because of the brawl).

Nuggets - Developed a strong hatred for Carmelo Anthony during the superteam era when he essentially negotiated his own trade out of Denver, and put immense stress on George Karl at a time he was recovering from cancer. So, I had made a point to root for this team at the time. And once they hired Brian Shaw, the Pacers' top assistant, they officially replaced the Bulls as my 2nd favorite team (even though the Shaw experiment ultimately didn't work out.)

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aunt and uncle lived in Houston during my formative years. Took me to sporting events whenever I came into town. Fell in love with the Franchise Mobley teams. Yao getting drafted more or less sealed the deal.

Snowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing up in the Southwest, I have always loved Western conference teams. However, I started liking the Oklahoma Thunder particularly because of two young PAC 12 players they had. Westbrook from UCLA and Hardin from Arizona St.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing up in the Southwest, I have always loved Western conference teams. However, I started liking the Oklahoma Thunder particularly because of two young PAC 12 players they had. Westbrook from UCLA and Hardin from Arizona St.

Like the screenname. Rush fan? Or different meaning?