• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How come so few posters?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know of or have seen some of the old ESPN posters on other boards? I mean we have a decent amount of people here, but even robust ESPN had more activity.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to do with the quality of the posts and discussions here. Some posters are down right obnoxious and personally insulting to various people, players, other posters, etc. I like the no rules concept but sometimes discussions degenerate into silliness or worse.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to do with the quality of the posts and discussions here. Some posters are down right obnoxious and personally insulting to various people, players, other posters, etc. I like the no rules concept but sometimes discussions degenerate into silliness or worse.

I agree with you. However it's ok to be silly once in a while.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. See I was thinking it may have been illogical discussion about contracts and different players but who knows I guess

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah, the clown that goes on and on about how the phillies will win 90+ games based on some ridiculous, made-up metric of additional wins based on injuries dumbs down the board.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the clown that goes on and on about how the phillies will win 90+ games based on some ridiculous, made-up metric of additional wins based on injuries dumbs down the board.

Now that's silly. I never said that my player-months missed was mathematical. I chose it as an approximation in searching for a reason for the Phillies decline in runs and hits, and therefore wins. It doesn't include the pitching variable but it explains in part the decline in runs and hits. If five core members of the team disappeared for June, that would cost the Phillies at least 5 games. It's as simple as that.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's silly. I never said that my player-months missed was mathematical. I chose it as an approximation in searching for a reason for the Phillies decline in runs and hits, and therefore wins. It doesn't include the pitching variable but it explains in part the decline in runs and hits. If five core members of the team disappeared for June, that would cost the Phillies at least 5 games. It's as simple as that.

Pretty much sums up your intelligence

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, you would have hated cBS, that place was filled with personal attacks and ridiculous threads.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know of or have seen some of the old ESPN posters on other boards? I mean we have a decent amount of people here, but even robust ESPN had more activity.

I'm here(formerly Pixers). I do miss the espn boards. Believe it or not these boards have picked up latley. Maybe this board needs to advertise more in order to get more traffic.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm here(formerly Pixers). I do miss the espn boards. Believe it or not these boards have picked up latley. Maybe this board needs to advertise more in order to get more traffic.

Four4four, don't worry, the car gives it all away

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you would have hated cBS, that place was filled with personal attacks and ridiculous threads.

I'm just posting an opinion about why the traffic on this board might be down. I don't really give a shit personally about what people are saying but if I do then I'll say so. Some may not like a board like this and they won't post here. That's all I'm saying.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Jvett, when I came over from SeeBS, there was nobody here except myself, and two mods-Fordman and PC86. I was posting by myself for about a month and then many of you regular folks arrived. I have been here over a year now.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nosferatu. I was over on SeeBS and it was definitely a jungle that got personal rapidly and on a daily basis. That is why they dismantled it because people were asking for personal information to set-up arrangements for fist fights and whatever else they were thinking of doing.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The simple analysis is deep for you because it's obvious you're an adult with an undeveloped child's brain.

Well you just said that your retarded player months lost formula which calculates how many wins the Phillies lost due to the number of months they were injured wasn't mathematical. But keep dishing out the insults, because they are oh so clever!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number one does have a point jvett. If I remember correctly, your player months was an activity that was highly mathematical. Anytime you manipulate numbers to arrive at a result through equations, derivatives, or statistics, you are doing mathematical calculations, thus the term.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number one does have a point jvett. If I remember correctly, your player months was an activity that was highly mathematical. Anytime you manipulate numbers to arrive at a result through equations, derivatives, or statistics, you are doing mathematical calculations, thus the term.

No it was not mathematical. lol. I wish I had that kind of talent. My original statement (from Caligula post 10/20/13 - "Also, you forgot this dandy of a quote:")

"I think it's safe to say that for each player-month lost, the Phillies probably lost 1 to 2 games, that is 9 to 18 games. And remember, the Phillies lost 27 one run games. Therefore, with a healthy roster, their 73-88 record could well have been 82-80, or even 91-71."

It's not mathematical, it's quite broad, in fact a rough guess. In fact I clarified it in another post to fan382:

"Try Self-Taught Reading 101. My original statement was a subjective effort based on the Phillies season stats, as I explained, at analyzing why the Phillies performed so poorly in 2013.

It is impossible to exactly determine how many wins an injured player can cost a team, but we know that it was significant since the team lost 70 hits and 80 runs."

There also may be some earlier other related posts out there.
:yahoo:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it was not mathematical. lol. I wish I had that kind of talent. My original statement (from Caligula post 10/20/13 - "Also, you forgot this dandy of a quote:")

"I think it's safe to say that for each player-month lost, the Phillies probably lost 1 to 2 games, that is 9 to 18 games. And remember, the Phillies lost 27 one run games. Therefore, with a healthy roster, their 73-88 record could well have been 82-80, or even 91-71."

It's not mathematical, it's quite broad, in fact a rough guess. In fact I clarified it in another post to fan382:

"Try Self-Taught Reading 101. My original statement was a subjective effort based on the Phillies season stats, as I explained, at analyzing why the Phillies performed so poorly in 2013.

It is impossible to exactly determine how many wins an injured player can cost a team, but we know that it was significant since the team lost 70 hits and 80 runs."

There also may be some earlier other related posts out there.
:yahoo:

So what? So you came up with an equation to estimate the Phillies 2014 wins and then add a disclaimer that it may or may not be completely right. Does that change anything? No. We already know your "formula" was idiotic.