• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How big of a kicker to land Charles?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12tm PPR league; bonuses for long TDs
QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs/TEs, 1 Flex, DST, K

Offered Charles and Fitz
I give up Rice, Cobb, and a kicker

Charles/Fitz owner has requested the kicker be Garcon or LeVeon, and possibly VJax.

as of now, Id be more willing to lose VJax in this deal than Garcon or L Bell.

My current RBs/WRs
Forte, Rice, Bernard, McGahee, Jacquizz, L Bell
Cobb, Garcon, Cameron, VJax, M Brown, Fleener, R Woods

would love to roll with Forte/Charles the rest of the year

thoughts?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say at least Gregg zurlein

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm.. Tough for me to say. I have Charles & Bell and was looking to try and add 1 more RB. It would be hard for me to give up Charles.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think rice can get you charles anymore... not even with a kicker...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do this for sure, regardless of the kicker. Charles is arguably the best PPR fantasy back in the league, and pairing him with Forte is too good to miss out on.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate to lose Cobb and I've lost faith in Fitz. I'd try Rice and VJAX for Charles. Frankly I think Rice will put up Charles-like PPR numbers when he's healthy, but I'm not sure when you'll ever want to start VJAX again.

Your problem in the long run isn't RB anyway - Forte and Rice with Bernard backing them up looks very good to me. It's your receivers that are thin, and as I see it Cobb for Fitz won't help anything there. Standing pat is a perfectly good alternative.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate to lose Cobb and I've lost faith in Fitz. I'd try Rice and VJAX for Charles. Frankly I think Rice will put up Charles-like PPR numbers when he's healthy, but I'm not sure when you'll ever want to start VJAX again.

Your problem in the long run isn't RB anyway

1st point: Say it aint so Wil! Fitz is looking to be a very consistent WR this year, as long as he is healthy. He is getting the targets, and should catch 6-10 balls every game for a steady 12-15pts, then a very good 20+ anytime he gets a TD. Palmer has learned a lot from OAK - throw the ball all 2nd half to catch up!

2nd point: agree completely here. but with this format, I technically only have to start 2 WRs/TEs each week, as Forte, Charles start at RB each week, and LeVeon and Bernard rotate on the flex/bye weeks.

I hope I can field 2 decent starters out of my remaining WRs/TEs, with the addition of Fitz

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do this for sure, regardless of the kicker. Charles is arguably the best PPR fantasy back in the league, and pairing him with Forte is too good to miss out on.

Sox -which would you suggest I add to Cobb and Rice, Garcon or Bell?

I think Charles and Forte will both be top 5 RBs in PPR this year, while it is looking more and more that Rice will finish outside the top 10 with his SB hangover

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say at least Gregg zurlein

I think he would have to be closer to Janikowski sized.:lol:

I would rather give VJax and keep your awesome RB depth. This is definitely a deal I would be excited about too, although you are selling low in a couple places.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to unload VJax. Tampa Bay is looking like a train wreck. I like that he had 11 targets last week, but I don't like who is targeting him. That would be the "kicker" I would include (glad to hear the "kicker" wasn't an actual kicker!).

I like this trade for you. Charles is a big upgrade from Rice, especially given the scoring parameters of your league. He is getting a ton of catches and he's always capable of breaking off a big TD run. I think what you gain with Charles outweighs what you lose with Cobb. I still have faith in Fitzgerald. He seems to be over the hamstring issue.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox -which would you suggest I add to Cobb and Rice, Garcon or Bell?

I think Charles and Forte will both be top 5 RBs in PPR this year, while it is looking more and more that Rice will finish outside the top 10 with his SB hangover

I'd add Bell. With Bernard available, that's a fantastic 3-headed RB attack. Garcon is a legit WR1.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks everyone for the insights, but it was all for naught. That owner sent Fitz in a deal for Spiller and K Thompkins. He now has Thompkins, Givens, Hartline, Avery, Hilton, Owen Daniels for his WR/TE position. Not seeing any WRs worth losing Cobb, Vjax, & Rice over on that squad in order to get Charles.

Potential is there that he was only talking to me to see what he could squeeze out of the Spiller owner in the first place, but not sure.

I still have a little faith that Rice will bounce back, and hopefully get back into the top 10-12 RBs for the year.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a pretty good outcome for you, Monkey. Forte/Rice/Bernard/Cobb/Cameron at your 5 RB/WR/TE positions is a nice position to work from, and Le'Veon and Garcon are pretty good plug-ins.