• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl Flex Appeal

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - made the SB in 3 leagues - all are 10 team leagues, so everyone's team is pretty darn good.

going to post all 3 teams, in order of my confidence level. Feel free to input on all or just one or whatever! DISCLAIMER - any team that looks ungodly great is due to shrewd drafting, slick trades, or is a keeper league. :lol:

League A: 80-85% confident I win this league - PPR with yardage bonuses

Cutler @ PHI
Marshall @ PHI
Megatron v NYG
Charles v IND
Lynch v ARZ
Cameron @ NYJ
Stacy v TB
Novak v OAK
DET DST v NYG

BENCH - only listing mine - Pitta v NWE, Keenan Allen v OAK, L Bell @GB, Todman v TEN, Vereen @BAL, H Douglas @SF, and TB DST @STL

League B: 55-60% confident - PPR, no bonuses

Cutler @PHI
Megatron v NYG
Jeffery @PHI
Antonio Brwn @GB
Murray @WAS
Rainey @STL
Cameron @NYJ
Edelman @BAL
Gano v NO
DEN DST @HOU

Bench - Pitta v NWE, Andre Brown @ DET, Bernard v MIN, Roddy @ SF, Keenan Allen v OAK

League C: 45-50% confident - standard, no bonuses

Cutler @ PHI
Marshall @ PHI
Dez @ WAS
CJ?K @ JAX
McCoy v CHI
Cameron @ NYJ
L Bell @ GB
Tucker v NWE
TB DST @ STL

Bench - Romo @ WAS, Garcon v DAL, Vereen @ BAL, Bernard v MIN, DEN DST @ HOU, Cobb and Gronk on IR - kept those 2 on my roster if I decide to make either one of them 1 of my 4 keepers. Gronk has a 5th rd value and I picked up Cobb off waivers so he has a 16th rd value for 2014.

Any suggestions on FAs to pick up and start, or guys on my bench that you think should be starting is much appreciated. Even K's and DST's - you never know where you are going to get those extra points that give you the edge over someone.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't expect me to think about fantasy football when you type "Flex Appeal", it flashes me back to watching Kiana as a youngster

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - made the SB in 3 leagues - all are 10 team leagues, so everyone's team is pretty darn good.

going to post all 3 teams, in order of my confidence level. Feel free to input on all or just one or whatever! DISCLAIMER - any team that looks ungodly great is due to shrewd drafting, slick trades, or is a keeper league. :lol:

League A: 80-85% confident I win this league - PPR with yardage bonuses

Cutler @ PHI
Marshall @ PHI
Megatron v NYG
Charles v IND
Lynch v ARZ
Cameron @ NYJ
Stacy v TB
Novak v OAK
DET DST v NYG

BENCH - only listing mine - Pitta v NWE, Keenan Allen v OAK, L Bell @GB, Todman v TEN, Vereen @BAL, H Douglas @SF, and TB DST @STL

League B: 55-60% confident - PPR, no bonuses

Cutler @PHI
Megatron v NYG
Jeffery @PHI
Antonio Brwn @GB
Murray @WAS
Rainey @STL
Cameron @NYJ
Edelman @BAL
Gano v NO
DEN DST @HOU

Bench - Pitta v NWE, Andre Brown @ DET, Bernard v MIN, Roddy @ SF, Keenan Allen v OAK

League C: 45-50% confident - standard, no bonuses

Cutler @ PHI
Marshall @ PHI
Dez @ WAS
CJ?K @ JAX
McCoy v CHI
Cameron @ NYJ
L Bell @ GB
Tucker v NWE
TB DST @ STL

Bench - Romo @ WAS, Garcon v DAL, Vereen @ BAL, Bernard v MIN, DEN DST @ HOU, Cobb and Gronk on IR - kept those 2 on my roster if I decide to make either one of them 1 of my 4 keepers. Gronk has a 5th rd value and I picked up Cobb off waivers so he has a 16th rd value for 2014.

Any suggestions on FAs to pick up and start, or guys on my bench that you think should be starting is much appreciated. Even K's and DST's - you never know where you are going to get those extra points that give you the edge over someone.

That first team is a monster. Was everybody else in the league in a coma for the whole year? I might consider putting in Leveon Bell over Stacy though. I know he is all St. Louis has, but Tampa has been pretty good against the run.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just guessing, but do you have a Cutler poster on the ceiling above your bed? ?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, if I win 3 fantasy leagues this year, I'll be getting one. If it was Brady then the wife might let me put it in the bedroom. But since it is the Pouty Panda, that won't fly!
I think 2 things led my teams to that point. Firstly - if you don't remember from the MBBRL leagues, I am typically one of the very last owners to draft a QB in most leagues. Second - I was looking for favorable playoff schedules and LOVED what the Bears' had from weeks 13-16 (MIN, DAL, CLE, PHI - does it get any sweeter than that for a QB in the fantasy playoffs?!?!)

To hedge my bets, I dropped all my QBs and ran with Cutler/McCown combo, only stashing Romo in 1 league.

League A - started with Romo/Eli, swapped out QB2s all season long, then when Rodgers/Cutler owner lost both his QBs to injury, he traded me Lynch for Romo. At the time, BigBen, Cutler/McCown, Palmer, and a couple other decent options were available on the wire, so I took my chances on the Cutler/McCown combo, and it has worked out great.

League B - Started out with RG3/Kaeps. enough said. by the time I was in full on QB scramble mode, I did the same as in League A, and decided the Cutler/McCown combo was the best available option.

League C - started out with Luck/Romo dropped Luck before his 40pt explosion. Thankfully, I was stashing Cutler already, and I just so happened to drop Luck for McCown vs DAL - he scored 46pts in my standard league.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does, I bet Cameron's is right next to it. :nod:
That first team is a monster. Was everybody else in the league in a coma for the whole year? I might consider putting in Leveon Bell over Stacy though. I know he is all St. Louis has, but Tampa has been pretty good against the run.

I was thinking the same exact thing about team A. Not about Bell over Stacy (although that's worth considering), but that it's a monster team. When you can't fit Keenan Allen into your starting lineup, that's pretty damn good.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fears whatsoever of losing all 3 if Cutler tosses up a stinker?
I sure wouldn't argue your logic in starting him in any given league, but big picture, that's a lot of eggs in one really twitchy basket

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful with Cameron. He might be out with a concussion.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revamped -

Lg A
Cutler, Marshall, Megatron, Charles, Lynch, Pitta, LeVeon Bell (didn't realize how bad GB run D has been recently), Novak, Detroit D
Bench - Cousins, Stacy, Vereen, Dennis Johnson, Todman, Allen, Cameron - my opponent is weak at RB, why I have Todman/Johnson.

Lg B
Cutler, Megatron, Jeffery, Antonio B, Murray, Rainey, Pitta, Edelman, Dawson, Denver D
Bnch - Morris, Andre Brwn, Bernard, Dennis Jhnsn, Allen, Roddy - again, opponent is weak at RB, so I made sure to snatch up Johnson in this league as well.

Lg C
Cutler, Marshall, Dez, McCoy, L Bell, Pitta, Garcon, Dawson, Denver D
Bnch - Romo, CJ?K, Bernard, Vereen, Gronk, Cameron, Cobb
Opponent's team is stacked as well, so no need to guard any positions in this one.

I know I have my eggs riding in the Cutler basket, but as I sort of explained earlier, after assessing what was available, I preferred his matchups over others. I have Cutler locked in with a floor of 250yds, 3tds vs a non-existent Philly secondary. I think he has a great chance to get more as well, with the terrible CHI run D trying to stop Shady, I'm pegging this one as another shootout, similar to PHI v MIN last week.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my personnel feeling is that you're most likely making the right call, and that it'll probably work out. Just Don't think I'd have the stones to go for 3 titles more or less riding on one dude. (Unless that dude was a healthy Rodgers or Brees) Best of luck Monkey!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful with Cameron. He might be out with a concussion.

Courtesy of Rotoworld Dec 18 - 10:57 AM:
Cameron reported symptoms on Monday, at which point the concussion was diagnosed. It makes him highly questionable for Sunday's game against the Jets as he'll have to pass through the NFL's protocols quickly. Owners that had Cameron penciled into Week 16 lineups need to quickly scurry for alternatives as there's no real in-house option on the Browns. Delanie Walker and Tyler Eifert (if Jermaine Gresham is out) are desperation plug-n-play possibilities. Note that Cameron missed the final two games of the 2012 season due to a concussion.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would add Zac Ertz to the maybe play list

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my personnel feeling is that you're most likely making the right call, and that it'll probably work out. Just Don't think I'd have the stones to go for 3 titles more or less riding on one dude. (Unless that dude was a healthy Rodgers or Brees) Best of luck Monkey!

Oh I understand completely - bruised ankle and my day could be finished. That is the exact scenario that played out in my keeper league 2011 SB. I drafted Romo in the 8th round that year(last team to draft a starter) --and declared him the best value pick in the draft-- come week 16, matchup with the PHI Eagles, just like Cutler's matchup this year, and Romo got hit early in the game, and sat out the rest of it. I lost my championship to a team named 'What a Romosexual' by 25pts. Dallas thought that they would beat up on NYG in the last game of the season to secure their playoff spot, NYG win, go on to win the real SB.

QBs available:

Lg A - THill @ BUF, Palmer @ SEA, Fitzpatrick @ JAX, Glennon @ STL, OAK QB @ SD, and I have Cousins v DAL on the bench.

Lg B - Dalton v MIN, Kaepernick v ATL, and Alex Smith v IND, Cousins v DAL, are the only different ones from A.

Lg C - Romo @ WAS on my bench. Nothing on waivers that is any different than Lg A - none of the extras from Lg B are available in this league.

I feel like the best option out of any of those available to me is Kirk Cousins. Hard to imagine that Kirk Cousins would be a fantasy hero, but playing the crap DAL D is a huge boost. And my opponent has Romo going in that matchup, so it would be funny to have a QB battle.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I know I am way over analyzing every single position on my teams, but I really want to take them all!!!

Thanks a ton again to everyone that has contributed anything to my teams throughout the season.

Can't wait for Sunday!!!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I understand completely - bruised ankle and my day could be finished. That is the exact scenario that played out in my keeper league 2011 SB. I drafted Romo in the 8th round that year(last team to draft a starter) --and declared him the best value pick in the draft-- come week 16, matchup with the PHI Eagles, just like Cutler's matchup this year, and Romo got hit early in the game, and sat out the rest of it. I lost my championship to a team named 'What a Romosexual' by 25pts. Dallas thought that they would beat up on NYG in the last game of the season to secure their playoff spot, NYG win, go on to win the real SB.

QBs available:

Lg A - THill @ BUF, Palmer @ SEA, Fitzpatrick @ JAX, Glennon @ STL, OAK QB @ SD, and I have Cousins v DAL on the bench.

Lg B - Dalton v MIN, Kaepernick v ATL, and Alex Smith v IND, Cousins v DAL, are the only different ones from A.

Lg C - Romo @ WAS on my bench. Nothing on waivers that is any different than Lg A - none of the extras from Lg B are available in this league.

I feel like the best option out of any of those available to me is Kirk Cousins. Hard to imagine that Kirk Cousins would be a fantasy hero, but playing the crap DAL D is a huge boost. And my opponent has Romo going in that matchup, so it would be funny to have a QB battle.

Monkey,

I am deciding between Cousins, Cutler and Brady in MBBRL. The only thing I know for sure is that it won't be Brady. I am really torn on this decision, as I think it is really close. It might serve you to start Cousins in 1 of the 3 leagues just to hedge your bets.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monkey,

I am deciding between Cousins, Cutler and Brady in MBBRL. The only thing I know for sure is that it won't be Brady. I am really torn on this decision, as I think it is really close. It might serve you to start Cousins in 1 of the 3 leagues just to hedge your bets.

Yea - I've been debating which one of the 3 should be Cousins instead of Cutler.
1st instinct - whichever team has the strongest lineup, go with the inexperienced QB.

you (anyone, not just Tlance) think Lg A or Lg B?
I want to keep the Cutler-Marshall connection going in at least 1 league, and I have Romo as my backup in Lg C if I feel like I need to change from Cutler.