• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How about Western Kentucky???

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a major turnaround they're having

they started the season 0-4 with one of those losses being a blowout loss to Indiana State 44-16, Indiana State is a 1-AA team

suddenly they beat Mid Tenn State in double overtime and have just picked up momentum to win 4 straight including a blowout win over Louisiana-Lafayette who is a really good team.

I saw a bit of them against Kentucky and they seemed to just have issues with timing, I'm guessing they have fixed that.

they will probably end the winning streak this week against FIU, if not this one then there's a good chance LSU ends it the week after.

after that the last two are winable to become bowl eligible for the first time, whether they get taken by a bowl or not has to be determined.

impressive for a pretty new division 1-A program, just in time too, avoiding getting buried by the major influx of new 1-A programs next year.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy will probably beat them. :dance:

Seriously though Arkansas State, FIU, and the Cajuns have all been playing really well. Since the Sun Belt usually can only get two bowl teams, then two of the three I have listed will most likely get the invites.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy will probably beat them. :dance:

Seriously though Arkansas State, FIU, and the Cajuns have all been playing really well. Since the Sun Belt usually can only get two bowl teams, then two of the three I have listed will most likely get the invites.

I can see all 3 of them getting invites

the Sun Belt is rising as a conference

they're certainly not the worst conference anymore

that's the Wac, even though Fresno State and Nevada are pretty good the rest of the Wac teams suck and next year the Wac will be by far the worst conference in college football.

from top to bottom the Sun Belt has improved, like instead of the usual 3-4 teams in the bottom 10, Florida Atlantic is really the only one that is a bottom 10 team this year.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked it up sir, the Sun Belt has two bowl tie ins and is an alternate for 4 other bowls. Also, I didn't realize three teams got invites last year.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bobby rainy is one Hell of a back too

yes he is, sir

among the best in college football

so good that just a 100 yard game is considered a disappointment for him.

He shows up against the big schools too, it will be interesting to see how much he puts up on the corn dogs.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now I see the New Orleans bowl taking Louisiana-Lafayette and the Go-daddy taking Arkansas State

they actually have 5 potential bids

this year I only see 4 being likely

right now I just see the Compass bowl opening up where FIU gets the spot

but one more might get a shot at the military bowl because baring some sort of miracle Navy won't be bowl eligible this year, kind of sad to see them take such a major step back.

they just seem to have fallen apart, last 3 weeks they have been getting beaten up by mediocre teams

two Conference usa ones and Notre Dame

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Compass should be freed up. I don't think both UT and Vandy will be bowl eligible(I'm leaning with Vandy :D).

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Compass should be freed up. I don't think both UT and Vandy will be bowl eligible(I'm leaning with Vandy :D).

I see Tennessee ending the year strong again and getting it.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...how bout Western Kentucky...beat MTSU in double OT and pissed me off. Good for them though, they've been playing really well lately. Their win vs Louisiana on the 22nd ended a 18 game home losing streak. They have reeled off 4 impressive wins and their team and fans deserve it.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee's only hope to make a Bowl is to beat MTSU, Vandy and Kentucky. 6-6 and maybe the Music City Bowl again.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dadburn Roger get back in that nightshift thread we've been looking all over for you

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...how bout Western Kentucky...beat MTSU in double OT and pissed me off. Good for them though, they've been playing really well lately. Their win vs Louisiana on the 22nd ended a 18 game home losing streak. They have reeled off 4 impressive wins and their team and fans deserve it.

all around things are looking better for Western Kentucky, sir

heck even if they lose out they made major progress this year

and they have been recruiting very good

I think what helps is their coach is a graduate of the school so he's more committed than most Sun Belt coaches.

Hudspeth sadly will only be at Louisiana-Lafayette for a few years, though if Ole Mrs runs low on candidates they may take Hudspeth this offseason.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that happening

I hope so, sir. I had fun last year even though UT lost.

Vandy kinda scares me though. They have played Tennessee tough the last few years and they haven't looked too bad this season. They Should've beaten 10Arkansas.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so, sir. I had fun last year even though UT lost.

Vandy kinda scares me though. They have played Tennessee tough the last few years and they haven't looked too bad this season. They Should've beaten 10Arkansas.

they're still Vandypants though, sir

they proved that by missing the field goal.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they're still Vandypants though, sir

they proved that by missing the field goal.

Right before they snapped it I said to myself "they'll miss it or it will be blocked, they'll miss it or it will be blocked...". And then when he missed it I said "they're the same ol' Vanderbilt".

They had a chance to make it 35-20 but fumbled at the 1 and Arkansas returnd it for a TD.