• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How about this thread

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swift
Andrew's Bal TE

Or

David Johnson
Anthony McFarland
Kittle

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swift and Andrews for sure.

DJ looks to be on his last legs and there's no guarantee McFarland gets a legitimate shot at being the #1 with Conner there for at least this year and Benny Snell still there through 2022. Kittle is great but is he really so much better than Andrews, who is now without his biggest TE target competition, that it makes this trade worth it? I say no.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kittle side for me

But some things to keep in mind
1) I love Kittle
2) I think LJax gets in sync with his WRs more this year
3) I'm not a fan of Swift landing in Detroit. Not a fan of any RB in Detroit for multiple seasons now, was never on the Kerryon hype train. Even when I liked Kerryon a couple yrs ago, I still had him valued way lower than others due to Lions.
4) Andrews TD efficiency was off the charts last year, that's going to be hard to replicate. But he should also see more snaps this year, so that might even out, who knows.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swift and Andrew side for me. While I'd agree Swift landing spot sort of sucks, he's going see plenty of touches, even with Kerryon playing and I like the chances of Kerryon having injuries and missing games. While Andrew TDs could go down, you have to remember that Hurst is gone now so seems more volume should/ could happen. I think Andrew is a really safe bet.
Love me Kittle, but not thrilled about McFarland chances for touches as long as Connor is upright and even if/ when Connors gets injured think you'll see a ugly RBBC and next season I could see the Steelers drafting a stud RB. I just can not bank on DJ rebounding. Could happen obviously, but feel the odds are he doesn't. So the more usual able assets are on the Swift-Andrew side for me and I really like Kittle and feel he is in position for a really big season with Deebo out. Just isn't enough solid pieces on his side.

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kittle and David Johnson.

Kittle is like having an extra WR. Andrews is like having a good TE.

Swift is talented, but Detroit run game is meh. Kerryon is injury prone and that's good but even as the single lead back he could put up duds.

They traded Hopkins(!!!) for David Johnson. They want to use him. Hyde was very dependable in that role and he's never had years like DJ had in this league. Injury prone maybe, but he doesn't have a lot of wear on the tires. 28 years old, only been in the league 5 years.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Swift is talented, but Detroit run game is meh. Kerryon is injury prone and that's good but even as the single lead back he could put up duds.

They traded Hopkins(!!!) for David Johnson. They want to use him. Hyde was very dependable in that role and he's never had years like DJ had in this league. Injury prone maybe, but he doesn't have a lot of wear on the tires. 28 years old, only been in the league 5 years.

hard to argue with any of that...

Adding in giving up too much to get Swift, I’m not sure this makes sense, but is certainly something to think about.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were pretty even last year. I think Andrews fits perfect in this system. I think he is a top 3 TE in fantasy how he is utilized. That's a push for me.

If someone thinks David Johnson is the better player than a rookie..I won't fight that at all. I think Johnson can fit good in with the Texans but injuries always eeks me away from drafting him.
I'm not sure how much McFarland would be utilized by I like him as a player.

I just don't think Kittle/Andrews is the winner here. It's all about preference so you made some very solid points but remember what he did to acquire Swift...he values him, factor in that and I say no.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Foot - I haven't responded to any of your trade questions on here - but here's the explanation if you need one. First, we all have our preferences so my opinion really doesn't count for much since it's only your own that matters. Second, after the D1 go arounds, it's clear that you'll end up trading whatever player(s) is/(were) involved. ..... I think you just like to trade - win, lose or draw. .... not saying it's a bad thing ......
:suds:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Foot - I haven't responded to any of your trade questions on here - but here's the explanation if you need one. First, we all have our preferences so my opinion really doesn't count for much since it's only your own that matters. Second, after the D1 go arounds, it's clear that you'll end up trading whatever player(s) is/(were) involved. ..... I think you just like to trade - win, lose or draw. .... not saying it's a bad thing ......
:suds:
Lefty man I love you brother. It's ok. And your right. I am addicted to trading. I think the reason I absolutely love getting everyone's opinion (and let me apologize for making so many threads about trades) but I really love the insight from all the guys. Plus I like to see whats players people on here really like. For instance Treff opened my eyes about swift. I realize he was way more valuable than I had originally realized. And monkey about woods but i am not meaning to just give thanks to a few because every guy I got an opinion from is awesome and appreciated. One thing about all these guys, yourself included is the debating skills you posses and I love nothing more than hearing the passion when to guys are locked in deferential side of a trade. It tells me that deal is probably pretty fair and second I get the analization unequalled from anywhere else on the web.

That said i do have a trading proproblprobably on the level of seeking a therapist's help, lol, I love to see which players I may be trading for that guys like the most. It makes me feel good when I do a trade and everyone on here likes it.

And most the time i wait like a school girl to hear from people before I do a deal.

But I appreciate you Lefty for always being a stand up guy and for taking the time to explain why your not posting much on my posts. That means a lot buddy. I know I sometimes get under skin and I am pretty sure I'm being a pain in the butt to most people with all these posts but to the guys that respond I am very appreciative. And ironically I was just gonna ask about another trade. If you want to respond, you know I value your opinion greatly but if nots I completely understand.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It tells me that deal is probably pretty fair and second I get the analization unequalled from anywhere else on the web.

:eek:

:kissass:

:jaw:

if I ever give ya the analization, I promise to buy ya dinner first. or at the very least, get ya drunk!

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well @The Foot let me say this about this one and it isnt going to help

This one is tough and I JUST DONT KNOW

as for your posts and threads

well i think the are great

this is a message board IMHO you can/should and certainly are allowed to post all of these threads

do any of the moderators think not i believe they are all good with it

and if they were not the would let you know.... at least i believe that to be true

if some one doesnt like it then they need not reply or even read the posts

not to mention many of us find your posts quite fascinating

so keep at er...

ps you love upload_2020-6-19_22-25-7.jpeg

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jeesh its been a long week

i wrote "the" instead of "they" at least twice just above ^^^^

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
close one i'd probably go for the DJ and Kittle side and i definitely prefer this trade over Taylor for Kittle

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say you keep Swift...but the offer alone is proof you made the right choice in the Woods/Swift trade. I don't believe the Kittle owner would've come calling for Woods. Hes simply held in higher value right now, period. But you either hold him, and hopefully reap the rewards, or you make someone psr through the friggin nose

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kittle and Johnson.
Here's the skinny on Detroit. Sorry, @broncosmitty.

94-year-old Lions owner Martha Firestone Ford is stepping down in favor of her daughter Sheila Ford Hamp.
Firestone Ford took over after her husband William Ford died at the age of 88 in 2014. The Lions have been in the Ford family since 1963. Ford Hamp has said she will be "very hands on." We would say that is usually a bad thing, but nothing could be worse than the past six decades of Lions football.