• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers 7/5

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer the starting OF to be Martin-E.Beltre-Cruz ... with Murphy only getting a start when Cruz DHs and Martin and E.Beltre not in the DH mix.

I certainly don't have high expectations about Profar in the OF, but I'm hoping he can at least not be a disaster and force Murphy to the bench a bit more

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TR Sullivan
Nathan, Darvish Cruz All-Stars http://wp.me/p1rXwL-8WIX

I know others may disagree ... but I could care less about the ASB other than the idiocy of having it determine WS HFA. Would rather the roster get the days off. Only event that I have watched recently is the Futures Game. The rest of the 'pageantry' is a waste.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know others may disagree ... but I could care less about the ASB other than the idiocy of having it determine WS HFA. Would rather the roster get the days off. Only event that I have watched recently is the Futures Game. The rest of the 'pageantry' is a waste.
Move over. I feel exactly the same.

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I, for one, do not disagree at all.

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they waste E. Beltre's defensive talents at DH

Cruz would be the DH in that scenario
I see your point and agree that would be even better.:yahoo:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point and agree that would be even better.:yahoo:

I can honestly say I thought Beltre was never going to make it based on his minor league experience and numbers, BUT having seen him actually play now, I want to believe something is there

He'll probably never walk much, but I think the rest of his game is solid,

I do realize I'm basing this on a small sample, but sometimes people just strike you a certain way when you observe them

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez Cubs fans sure get goofy after a win.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can honestly say I thought Beltre was never going to make it based on his minor league experience and numbers, BUT having seen him actually play now, I want to believe something is there

He'll probably never walk much, but I think the rest of his game is solid,

I do realize I'm basing this on a small sample, but sometimes people just strike you a certain way when you observe them

Yep. That's how I feel too. Watched him play at Frisco and honestly wasn't that impressed. What I have seen now couple of years later justifies the chance to start until he proves he's not ready still.

One thing we can say is that E.Beltre has a better chance of being part of TEX 2014 than Murphy does. Given that alone ... Beltre gets the start and Murphy is #4 where he is better suited.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That's how I feel too. Watched him play at Frisco and honestly wasn't that impressed. What I have seen now couple of years later justifies the chance to start until he proves he's not ready still.

One thing we can say is that E.Beltre has a better chance of being part of TEX 2014 than Murphy does. Given that alone ... Beltre gets the start and Murphy is #4 where he is better suited.

Yeah, part of my assessment of him was based on your observations

Murphy just seems to need the challenge of fighting for a job to get the bat going

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that Mitch Williams guy :gaah: time to mute it

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2