• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers 7/5

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Murphy on the pine and Profar in LF. Seems like somehow Wash is being pushed into doing things like this a game or two after he says he plans something different. I am pretty sure Wash said he was planning to put Profar in the OF for the first time in a blow out game. Last night seems like it was a good spot to do it. Wash did not - surprise - surprise. And today Wash has a lineup with Profar starting in the OF. I can't remember for sure but I think Wash said no way Andrus was gonna come out of the 2 hole in the lineup and then bammm a day or two later Andrus is in the 8 hole for a couple games. Today Andrus is back in the 2 hole but Wash at least moved him for a couple days.

I see Soto is catching Yu again - good. Hopefully he calls a great game and Yu works deep like the last game. KC won so Rangers need to take advantage of this one.

Well I'll definitely be watching tonight to see the Profar OF experiment in action

I'd assume his range would be good, but his reads and jumps will be sketchy at first

I'd like to eventually see a Profar/Beltre/Martin/Cruz (DH)... OF/DH combo for a game

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the lineup darryl.
Your welcome, Duane. It should be fun in the outfield, CF Martin's range may have expanded tonight.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much different than with Murphy out there. I would have been happy with Profar DH instead of Berkman.

I am now of the opinion that a one-dimensional DH is a liability ... even a switch hitting one-dimensional DH.
Have to agree with you. Berkman is not getting it done and Profar could do no worse so why not?

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot give E Beltre a try at DH.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have to agree with you. Berkman is not getting it done and Profar could do no worse so why not?

Going Hog Wild -- I'd be all in for the starting OF of ... Martin-E.Beltre-Cruz ... with DH shared by Profar, Kinsler, Andrus, A.Beltre ... plus Baker against LHP once he returns. As long as Chirinos is active then AJ could DH too.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The rumour was out there several weeks ago of Profar getting prepped for LF. He is too good of talent to waste away on the bench. I am looking forward to it.

Jbear

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going Hog Wild -- I'd be all in for the starting OF of ... Martin-E.Beltre-Cruz ... with DH shared by Profar, Kinsler, Andrus, A.Beltre ... plus Baker against LHP once he returns. As long as Chirinos is active then AJ could DH too.
With that speed Wash would be much closer to playing the kind of ball he has claimed he likes for the past couple years.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That would work too. Think the recent progression of Martin has been a sigh of relief. I still think he should be batting in the 2-hole.

Jbear

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would work too. Think the recent progression of Martin has been a sigh of relief. I still think he should be batting in the 2-hole.
Totally agree on that with Andrus at 9. Makes too much sense for Wash though. SMH

Jbear

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure hope Soria plays at least 3/4's as good as he played before his injury. He has looked great in rehab. The BP needs him real bad so some of our horses can sit a game or two.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure hope Soria plays at least 3/4's as good as he played before his injury. He has looked great in rehab. The BP needs him real bad so some of our horses can sit a game or two.
Looking forward to seeing him. I bet the bp hoss's will welcome him.