• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Hot White Sox comin' to Arlington 5/9-5/11

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that's only partly true. Sandavol showed up weighing more than the Green Monster, and they had no choice to sit his rotund ass down until he got into shape. He could not field his position, much less hit his weight. Granted the younger kid was playing better, but hell, who wasn't?

And you keep focusing on what the Red Sox did with him, when there are lots of examples every year of a team - pick a team - of going long and hoping for better results with a proven veteran. The Rangers and Prince didn't invent this.

As much as I want Rua to get his ab and think some should come from Prince's basket, Ryan will probably never be the RBI guy Fielder was. But I think the team/Banister is gonna roll with him for the immediate future and hope for positive results. Moving him down in the order should happen now though IMO.

Let's see where he is, and the team, after all, we're 3 games over .500, at the end of the month.

If I could also like this I would but the being fatter than the green monster thing wins out.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Beltre not hitting you keep in the lineup for his defense. Nobody better than him at third than him. At least he showed some life with the bat. You can't say that about Prince.

I can't argue too much with that. I do think he might have struggled on defense at the start of last season too... I think everyone did. He might have been hurt, don't recall. Let's not forget how bad the start of last season was and where we ended up. We should enjoy where we are IMO, we are off to a much much better start.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that's only partly true. Sandavol showed up weighing more than the Green Monster, and they had no choice to sit his rotund ass down until he got into shape. He could not field his position, much less hit his weight. Granted the younger kid was playing better, but hell, who wasn't?

And you keep focusing on what the Red Sox did with him, when there are lots of examples every year of a team - pick a team - of going long and hoping for better results with a proven veteran. The Rangers and Prince didn't invent this.

As much as I want Rua to get his ab and think some should come from Prince's basket, Ryan will probably never be the RBI guy Fielder was. But I think the team/Banister is gonna roll with him for the immediate future and hope for positive results. Moving him down in the order should happen now though IMO.

Let's see where he is, and the team, after all, we're 3 games over .500, at the end of the month.
Like I said before, it just not just this year. He was terrible the last two months of last year and in the post season. So for me it's been longer than last month and this month.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we ever get "an official word" from the Rangers about Griffin's shoulder?

Last I heard he was getting examined/MRI yesterday.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fielder won't be the RBI guy that Fielder was either. And I agree he will not take him out but I have reservations on him even being moved down in the order. And if he us this bad now I really hate to think what he will be like the remainder of his contract.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we ever get "an official word" from the Rangers about Griffin's shoulder?

Last I heard he was getting examined/MRI yesterday.
Last I heard he was suppose to see medical staff here. He said that it wasn't related to the surgery he had before.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a clue. It was said yesterday we will go with a 4 day rotation for a while.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before, it just not just this year. He was terrible the last two months of last year and in the post season. So for me it's been longer than last month and this month.

Yeah, I really do understand the frustration. I even said something about us needing much more from him in the playoffs and down the stretch when this season first started. Can't remember the stats I quoted but he had only driven in something like 1 or 2 runs in the past 3 post seasons... guess I could look it up.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he us this bad now I really hate to think what he will be like the remainder of his contract.

I think you have to believe the approximately $80 million owed weighs on the organization. And this is the season our organization may have to make a hard decision on his future with us.

This is, at least partly why I think they're going to give him every chance, plus 4 or 5, to work this out.

And finding 98 RBI from another player (s) from our options is more than daunting.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a clue. It was said yesterday we will go with a 4 day rotation for a while.

I remember this. But frankly, Perez is exactly one outing away from it being a must do in "sending him down."
If Griffin is just a slight strain, then he could miss 2 starts and then be ready to go. Thus my question.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to believe the approximately $80 million owed weighs on the organization. And this is the season our organization may have to make a hard decision on his future with us.

This is, at least partly why I think they're going to give him every chance, plus 4 or 5, to work this out.

And finding 98 RBI from another player (s) from our options is more than daunting.
I'm afraid we signed him on the down side of his best years and he wins out regardless and we suck wind.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Duane1952 found it, even worse that I remembered:

90's seems about right.

As for Prince, my main concern is he bats in the middle of the order and over his last 74 post season AB's he has 13H, 1 RBI, 0 HRs, 1 2B, 0 3B. You have to get better production out of the middle of the order in the post season IMO but then again, pitching comes before that.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Beltre not hitting you keep in the lineup for his defense. Nobody better than him at third than him. At least he showed some life with the bat. You can't say that about Prince.

Well Arenado or Machado are, but point made nonetheless

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DDJ cant even get it to the cutoff man with that noodle arm
Totally on board with your numbers here, but Banny has shown he is completely committed to both of them.

who else do we have to put out there? Rua over Moreland at 1st but then who in place of Prince?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who else do we have to put out there? Rua over Moreland at 1st but then who in place of Prince?
Prince really needs to hit 7/8 and get out of clean up. Choo maybe could hit fourth but we get in trouble with L vs R.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder won't be the RBI guy that Fielder was either. And I agree he will not take him out but I have reservations on him even being moved down in the order. And if he us this bad now I really hate to think what he will be like the remainder of his contract.

I don't see why its such a bad thing or big deal to allow Rua once or twice a week take ABs against LHPs away from either Moreland or Fielder

I don't even have an issue with Fielder getting ABs against RHPs right now, bc if he's going to break out it'll be against them, plus he's better than Rua is right now against them

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it a safe bet benching derek holland in fantasy games he earned me a -30 his last start