• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Hot White Sox comin' to Arlington 5/9-5/11

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant: "Some guys were surprised you chose Wilson over Giminez. Does it come down to defense for you, and the game calling and what led to Bobby over Chris there?"

Daniels: "I think it's primarily what you said on the defensive side. There a lot of elements to defense. There's the catch-throw piece. And even on the catching side specifically, break that down, you're talking about receiving on the physical side, framing, the ability to steal strike here or there. And then working with the pitcher, executing a game plan and reading swings and all that. Bobby excels in that area. And Chris was outstanding. He won a ton of games he played in. I just think as we look forward what we're trying to get out of that spot and our pitching staff, we made the decision Bobby was a better fit for us right now."

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Banister puts the best line up on the field we can expect more of what we saw last night. Imo Desmond should start CF with Rua in LF and Mazara in RF. That's a solid OF with three strong arms. Rua is an upgrade over DeShields at the plate. Looking back it was probably a mistake PR'ing for Beltre when he did. Hind sight is 2020 but not having Adrian in the game is never good. It will be very difficult scoring runs with Stubbs and Hanser in the line up but at that point there wasn't much bench left and that is one reason I thought Adrian coming out was a mistake. Again, Fielder did little to contribute although he did get a hit but is he the best choice to have in the DH position at this time? Just venting!

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Versus LHPs it should be pretty clear who's in there every night

Odor .807 OPS (only LHH in this group)
Beltre .924
Desmond 1.045
Andrus .981
Rua .926

That's 5 spots out of the other guys that have received action only Maz has managed an OPS over .600 against LHPs

Maz .630
Moreland .591
Fielder .540
DDJ .376 (serious reverse split action going on)

Still need a catcher, so that's 3 spots to fill with 1 bad hitter against LHPs and 2 lousy ones, and no real other options

DDJ should be in this discussion but he's just lost against LHPs right now for some reason, he really needs to go down to AAA and figure some things out

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Versus RHPs

Good
Odor .898 OPS
Maz .887
Moreland .783
Beltre .762

Bad
Andrus .679
DDJ .661
Desmond .611

Ugly
Fielder .514
Rua .392

Still need a catcher... but Fielder is even more useless thus far against RHPs, but less useless than Rua

The choice here is clear Rua sits... based on the current makeup of the roster

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Banister puts the best line up on the field we can expect more of what we saw last night.

Game could have been won if Moreland gets one to the outfield rather than a GIDP. Not sure last night falls on the Banny Rooster.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game could have been won if Moreland gets one to the outfield rather than a GIDP. Not sure last night falls on the Banny Rooster.
You are right about MM but do you think Banny is putting the best lineup on the field?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catcher - Options are pretty limited but I like Nicholas' bat/Defense combo more than Wilson's though I'll wait for that call til Wilson comes back to Earth, which he will, or even Holyday for that matter... plus his bat has been good enough to steal ABs away from Fielder if needed at this point, Otherwise...

Case to be made for Stubbs in CF, Desmond in LF and Rua DHing at this point against LHPs, and Stubbs in CF against RHPs instead of DDJ, with Prince DHing

But if Fielder is going to figure it out it will be against RHPs going forward

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right about MM but do you think Banny is putting the best lineup on the field?

Well I'm not going to say it's the best, but it's consistent, and I think over a long stretch that will yield the best results. I am not a fan of constant tinkering, I think it screws the batters up.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't and he should be held accountable for it.

He should be playing Rua more at the expense of DDJ against LHPs, other than that there's not much he's doing wrong based on the splits

If DDJ starts hitting LHPs like he should, then Rua at the expense of Fielder/Moreland makes sense too, but not while DDJ is struggling so much against LHPs

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you all on Rua being out there more. Either over DDJ or Fielder.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not certain the GM lets you bench that much of his salary though, especially if he already isn't playing the field. Fielder is in a slump, he is likely to bust out of it at some point. I'm hoping he is just getting it out of the way now, so he can surge at the end of the season.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua can't improve without more AB's. It makes since to play him especially against lefties. He can do know worse than Mitch and Prince.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not certain the GM lets you bench that much of his salary though, especially if he already isn't playing the field. Fielder is in a slump, he is likely to bust out of it at some point. I'm hoping he is just getting it out of the way now, so he can surge at the end of the season.
True but he can get him out of 4 hole.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this rate it would be Moreland & Fielder taking turns sitting against LHPs, that's only once or twice a week

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honeymoon has ended for Banny and not impressed with pointing finger and last nights temper tantrum. All for letting guys work out of things but at least move within lineup. Play your best players. He has totally wasted Rua. And if he can't coach Mitch he needs to protect the team when needed like last night. Could have had take sign or sent Deamond even with LHP or how about PH Rua. He will need to re earn my trust. (Like he or another cares).

Banny is a players coach that to me seems like he coddles. DDJ needs to be sent down. Prince a couple days off and pushed down the lineup. Very unimpressed overall. Over use of pen as well

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been terrible since the last two months of last year. Was not good in spring training and has been terrible the first two months of this year. That's more than a slump to me.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GM brought Profar up for MY. Where did that get ya