• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Hot White Sox comin' to Arlington 5/9-5/11

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this rate it would be Moreland & Fielder taking turns sitting against LHPs, that's only once or twice a week

Totally on board with your numbers here, but Banny has shown he is completely committed to both of them.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good idea but he would probably have to continue to hit like this for a month before that happens.
The problem is now and he should not need to wait I would think.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good idea but he would probably have to continue to hit like this for a month before that happens.
He has already been hitting like this for more than a month. Or are you saying give him another month.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it... lots of hate for Fielder ATM. We are winning games though and have a winning record. Too early to talk about firing people IMO.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is now and he should not need to wait I would think.

I'm just being realistic based on what we have seen. We can talk about what we think should happen all day but thats not very likely to change anything. At the end of the day, we can be upset about it but we don't have any control over it, so I try to to get too worked up about it anymore. Baseball is a game of patience anyway.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it... lots of hate for Fielder ATM. We are winning games though and have a winning record. Too early to talk about firing people IMO.
So if Prince is hitting .170 at the all star break your going to still throw him out there. The red sox
Sat Sandoval to start the season because a younger guy was playing better. I know he is on the DL now. Wonder if he is really hurt.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an article in the paper Banny, said Prince just hasn't found his rhythm yet. Really after almost a month and a half. Give me a break.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has already been hitting like this for more than a month. Or are you saying give him another month.

I'm saying that based in the commitment to Prince Banny has shown, I would expect he would have to continue to be this bad for another month before any benching or even changes in the lineup were executed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Beltre start off pretty bad in his first month last season?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Prince is hitting .170 at the all star break your going to still throw him out there. The red sox
Sat Sandoval to start the season because a younger guy was playing better. I know he is on the DL now. Wonder if he is really hurt.

I don't really have a choice in the matter. But if he is still out ther at the ASB hitting .170, we certainly would have a problem. I still have some confidence he will get this worked out though.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly, JTA, DT and Duane. Agree 100 %. He needs to make the hard decisions and we are not seeing that.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that based in the commitment to Prince Banny has shown, I would expect he would have to continue to be this bad for another month before any benching or even changes in the lineup were executed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Beltre start off pretty bad in his first month last season?
Have to give Boston credit for benching their million dollar albatross in Sandoval then he ended up on the DL.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point it becomes a sunk cost and realize you aren't going to get your money's worth out of Fielder and move on... what is that point though?

I agree but I don't think a little over a month into the season is that point. I think when you have as much invested in a player like him as well as his history, you get a bunch more time than a player without that. Lots of pride involved for the GM there as well.

Personally, I say give the guy a few days off to clear his head but that doesn't appear likely either.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if Beltre not hitting you keep in the lineup for his defense. Nobody better than him at third than him. At least he showed some life with the bat. You can't say that about Prince.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The red sox
Sat Sandoval to start the season because a younger guy was playing better. I know he is on the DL now

Actually that's only partly true. Sandavol showed up weighing more than the Green Monster, and they had no choice to sit his rotund ass down until he got into shape. He could not field his position, much less hit his weight. Granted the younger kid was playing better, but hell, who wasn't?

And you keep focusing on what the Red Sox did with him, when there are lots of examples every year of a team - pick a team - of going long and hoping for better results with a proven veteran. The Rangers and Prince didn't invent this.

As much as I want Rua to get his ab and think some should come from Prince's basket, Ryan will probably never be the RBI guy Fielder was. But I think the team/Banister is gonna roll with him for the immediate future and hope for positive results. Moving him down in the order should happen now though IMO.

Let's see where he is, and the team, after all, we're 3 games over .500, at the end of the month.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to give Boston credit for benching their million dollar albatross in Sandoval then he ended up on the DL.

If thats really why they put him on the DL, good for them. I still hate Boston though. :D

I really do understand the frustration about Prince though I just also understand he is going to get more time to figure this out whether we like it or not. Doesn't really matter if I agree with it or not.