• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Hot 'Stros to cool their heels in Arlington 6/6 to 6/9

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime your staff gives up 3 runs, they've given us a better than avg chance of winning.

Can't blame the staff tonight. It's been awhile since the lineup tossed out an absolute clunker. Shake it off and get back after it tomorrow.

Afternoon game as well, for those unaware.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Beltre and Yu are okay, then I can forget about one game. Please be okay gents. We need you.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw the lineup posted today, and knowing Yu would likely be on a pitch limit, I had a feeling we might lose. I knew Yu would limit them to virtually nothing, but I also knew that Fielder-Moreland-Hoying would definitely limit our run support. Even if Yu hadn't left early, he still likely would have only pitched 1-2 more innings, and then it was dumpster fire bullpen time.

Wilhelmsen needs to be released tomorrow, Gallo needs the call-up, and at least one of Moreland/Fielder (or preferably both) needs to be benched.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw the lineup posted today, and knowing Yu would likely be on a pitch limit, I had a feeling we might lose. I knew Yu would limit them to virtually nothing, but I also knew that Fielder-Moreland-Hoying would definitely limit our run support. Even if Yu hadn't left early, he still likely would have only pitched 1-2 more innings, and then it was dumpster fire bullpen time.

Wilhelmsen needs to be released tomorrow, Gallo needs the call-up, and at least one of Moreland/Fielder (or preferably both) needs to be benched.
A couple of guys and me for one had nothing good to think about todays lineup. It stunk up the place

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're going to call up Gallo, they need to play him and not let him sit on the bench like the did last time he was called up.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for:
Profar
Odor
Desmond
Mazara
Rua
Gallo
Andrus
Moreland
Either catcher

Hopefully Beltre returns very soon and then Moreland can be lifted out of the lineup too.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the last 4 innings, looks like I'm glad.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for:
Profar
Odor
Desmond
Mazara
Rua
Gallo
Andrus
Moreland
Either catcher

Hopefully Beltre returns very soon and then Moreland can be lifted out of the lineup too.
Maybe Choo returns before Beltre so Rua can take Moreland's place.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Beltre and Yu are okay, then I can forget about one game. Please be okay gents. We need you.

Yu thinks he will be ready for his next start Monday vs Oakland but he's pitched through things before and I hope for the long term, that he doesn't try to go if he isn't 100%

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not sure Rua vs a righty doesn't give you a better chance than Hoying

Rangers' Ryan Rua: Not in lineup Wednesday

by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com
Rua is not in the lineup Wednesday against the Astros, Rangers VP of Comm. John Blake reports.

Rua collected a pair of hits in Tuesday's tilt, but he'll head to the bench for the second time in the last four games with right-hander Doug Fister set to oppose the Texas lineup. Jared Hoying will take over in his place in left field and bat eighth Wednesday.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MRI must not have clearly shown the ACL injury

Rangers' Josh Hamilton: Surgery discovers ACL injury

by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Hamilton, who underwent season-ending surgery Wednesday to repair damaged cartilage, also underwent an ACL reconstruction, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

According to Wilson, Hamilton's surgeon discovered the ACL issue during the surgery Wednesday. Given that Hamilton was already slated to miss the remainder of the season, it's unclear how the ACL reconstruction on top of the other repairs will alter his timeline. If Hamilton is able to make a full recovery, he figures to be able to return at some point in 2017, but his constant health issues in recent years make him a difficult fantasy commodity to trust.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Robinson Chirinos: May not be activated until weekend series
Chirinos (forearm) is expected to rejoin the team Thursday but he may not be activated until theRangers' weekend series against the Mariners gets underway, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

The Rangers will continue to stick with Bobby Wilson and Bryan Holaday at catcher until at least the weekend in all likelihood, but Chirinos does appear to be very close to a return. Chirinos has been on the shelf since the first week of the season when he suffered a fractured forearm and was subsequently placed on the 60-day DL. It is worth nothing that the Rangers have gotten solid production out of Wilson through the first two months of the season, so Chirinos may have his work cut out for him in terms of securing the majority of starts behind the dish.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope its nothing, but we all know it could be huge if he misses more time

Rangers' Yu Darvish: Leaves Wednesday's game early with shoulder tightness

Darvish was removed from Wednesday's start against the Astros as a precaution after he began experiencing right shoulder tightness.

Darvish was examined by team doctors in the clubhouse soon after his exit, and fortunately for the right-hander they found no damage in his shoulder. He seems to have dodged a long-term injury, but it's unclear if the ailment is serious enough to warrant his next start to be skipped. The 29-year-old's next start is scheduled for Monday against the Athletics, so his status for that contest should become clearer as that date approaches.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Adrian Beltre: Exits with left leg injury
Beltre left Wednesday's game in the eighth inning with what the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Jeff Wilson describes as left hamstring tightness. The team will reevaluate him again Thursday.

Beltre injured himself running to second base on a single from Prince Fielder, and was replaced by a Jurickson Profar at third base. While he's not necessarily slated to miss extended time, theRangers at least have some options at the position in Profar and star prospect Joey Gallo should that be the case.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Shin-Soo Choo: Remains on schedule on return Monday
Choo (hamstring) is expected to play back-to-back games in the outfield this weekend as a final step in his rehab assignment, Ryan Posner of MLB.com reports.

Choo is expected to come off the DL on Monday barring any setbacks over the weekend.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Drew Stubbs: At least a week away from rehab assignment
Stubbs (toe) is at least a week away from beginning a rehab assignment, Ryan Posner of MLB.com reports.

Stubbs seemed destined for a toe injury at some point given his surname, and it seems that end up missing at least a month of action as a result of this. He'll be returning to an outfield that will have added Shin Soo-Choo to the current mix, making a reserve role upon his return all but guaranteed.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't try to be a hero, if you're hurt

Rangers' Yu Darvish: Aiming to make next scheduled start

Darvish, who exited Wednesday's game due to shoulder tightness, indicated after the game that he intends to make his next scheduled start Monday against the Athletics, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

The removal was reportedly precautionary, so Darvish making his next turn certainly shouldn't be ruled out. Those interested should track his progress in the coming days as it should be a good indicator of whether or not he'll be ready to go.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not sure Rua vs a righty doesn't give you a better chance than Hoying

Rangers' Ryan Rua: Not in lineup Wednesday

Rua is not in the lineup Wednesday against the Astros, Rangers VP of Comm. John Blake reports.

Rua collected a pair of hits in Tuesday's tilt, but he'll head to the bench for the second time in the last four games with right-hander Doug Fister set to oppose the Texas lineup. Jared Hoying will take over in his place in left field and bat eighth Wednesday.
Hoying hasn't shown anything...I will take Rua vs a RHP over Hoying vs any pitcher.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even worried about the loss tonight. Hoping Yu and Beltre are not long term DL. From the posted reports above the news is somewhat good.

Regardless I think Beltre needs a couple of days off to ensure the hammy is ok.