• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hot off the presses

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
randymon this is where you have to understand the mental side of all of this. Martin responding like he did to Icognito is actually normal for someone who is a victim to the harassment that he was. He would have thought if he tries to play along maybe they would stop or at least it wouldn't escalate more. The more Martin would have fought the more he would have feared repercussions. The same with him going to Icognito's house. Heck Martin got fined for not going to Vegas with the rest of the OL. Even Philbon came out and said he couldn't believe Icognito thought this kind of behavior was ok. Other players and a trainer had reached the same point as Martin of trying to play along in fear that if they didn't things would get worse.

This really is psychologically text book behavior by Martin. Now this is to the extreme but picture it in a kid that has been kidnapped but eventually accepting the kidnapper as their parent after a while. They have to do that in their head just to even survive the circumstance they are in. People wonder how in the world a kid could think they love their tormentor but it does happen.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Morph, I do get it..to a point. 1st off pretty sure we haven`t heard or seen the full report yet or if we will. That being said, obviously lines were crossed and the situation got out of hand. But what circumstances led to this point? What I`am saying or trying to say is, why did it get to this point and what could of prevented it. Obviously if Martin would of stood up for himself, prob situation stops. If he is/was uncapable of standing up for himself and not ONE guy in locker room intervened and said enough is enough seems hard to believe. That makes you wonder if they really thought there was a problem. According to numerous statements from. Martin himself, Ingognito and every teammate I saw interviewed, their relationship looked,at least to them,as being very good buds. Apperantly according to Martin/Wells investigation things were not as they seemed and here is a guy being harrassed, bullied, threaten,etc yet here he is enjoying BQ at Ingognitos house, trading texts, sharing vulgar, degrading sexuall content,etc like theirs no probs at all. Not saying that Ingognito did not take advantage of Martin (as well as others) but you have to put some of the blame on Martin for allowing this alleged abuse to escalate to this level. Yeah shit happens in the locker room in the NFL and has for along time but that is part of the culture and when the normal bullshit,harrassement, bullying,etc gets to this kinda media circus crap were being subject to, nobody is innocent and the blame should lie with the whole Dolphin organization,as well as with Martin himself for letting it get to this point IMO. I have always and do respect your opinion as well as many others on this board and of course our views and thoughts will differ many times. I just don`t see this as a one-sided affair and as they say..it takes two.

Dude, you really need to look at the report, or at least the Deadspin summary:

The Worst Stuff From The Miami Dolphins Investigation

Puts everything in perspective and context, including reasons WHY it escalated this far.

As for the Dolphin organization, they may be facing penalties as well, especially the O-line coach who apparently was complicit in some of the harassment. You also have the record of fines imposed, and even a feeble attempt at getting that piece of evidence destroyed.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally read whole report and have to admit there was some horrible things happening and being said to Martin. I was really taken back after reading the letter he wrote to his parents and the troubles he had as a youngster. It just never stopped for the guy. See your point with alot more clarity gents than before. I just hope that the Miami organization was/is an isolated one and hopefully there are no other individuals having to suffer this kind of thing elsewhere in NFL ( or anywhere,really)

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally read whole report and have to admit there was some horrible things happening and being said to Martin. I was really taken back after reading the letter he wrote to his parents and the troubles he had as a youngster. It just never stopped for the guy. See your point with alot more clarity gents than before. I just hope that the Miami organization was/is an isolated one and hopefully there are no other individuals having to suffer this kind of thing elsewhere in NFL ( or anywhere,really)

I thought that after reading the whole 100 page report, it would put things in a clearer context.

Martin is not completely innocent in all of this, but did what typically victims do. Go along to get along.