• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hoop Week 5 Top 25 Discussion Thread

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only issue I have with this is you are basing your poll on another poll, instead of using your own independent ranking of the teams. If the #10 team got blown out (35-10) by #34, they would stay ranked in the top35 due to poll bias. If they had started out at #30 and got blown out, they would be out of the poll.

Seems screwy to base all of your poll based on how teams are ranked in another poll.

I basically consider the Coaches top 35 as a pool of nominees, and I arrange them by my formula. At this point I am indeed more dependent on how they are ranked in that poll than I will be in a couple weeks once more teams have multiple games against ranked opponents. At that point a team's number of ranked victories will become more important than the individual rankings of whoever they beat (though rankings will be used as tiebreakers). As I noted earlier, it's a little early for this formula as there haven't been many ranked vs. ranked games, but it will adjust as the season progresses. Still, I don't have a problem with imposing a standard for inclusion for teams based on their schedule at this point.

My results are way different from the actual Coaches Poll, so I don't see them as being entirely based on it. I'm sure most people who do these ballots start by looking at one poll or other.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, its pretty much everyone that realizes you are an idiot.

I dont care if you have Oregon 7. Whatevz.

Just your insecurity issues are funny. Your voting unfortunately for you is a joke pal.

My insecurities?

:laugh3:

Go look in the mirror troll. Based on the Daffy Ducks history with good southern teams and their last meeting with Stanford, I believe there are at least 6 teams better this year. Sorry that hurts your troll feelings so bad.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You calling me a troll.

LOL.

Like to put that to a public vote fuckface?

Nobody gives a squirt of piss about a word you say.

So seriously. Stop your trolling. I linked it to your stupidity, but its becoming evident.

You are certainly a troll and need to shut the fuck up.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years back I read a study done by some statisticians from some major university who determined the homefield advantage was not all that important, barely worth a 3-5% increase winning edge, especially in the pro game. So if it's only a slight edge is really worth adding to a formula?

I seem to recall that study being for baseball, which I think has less of an impact than football. Certainly, it's a lot more than 3-5% in college football. Just at the home versus road records for teams like us and you guys. Wisconsin hasn't lose a home game in regulation since 2009 (and only two OT losses). In that time, we've lost eleven road/neutral site games in regulation. And we aren't that weird. I know Oklahoma has some ridiculous home record as well in comparison to your road record.

There was also a study about homefield advantage done by SI and some major university a year or two ago and it found it had a major impact on officiating, and as such, on the result.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have hung 70+ pts on Wake yesterday. Would that make us a better team?

It could be as simple as dividing games into "blowout, squeakers, and in between." All I know is that a team which consistently blows opposing teams is better than a team that has to legitimately struggle with them.

There may not be a difference between 31-0 and 55-10, but there sure is a difference between 24-21 and 45-0.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall that study being for baseball, which I think has less of an impact than football. Certainly, it's a lot more than 3-5% in college football. Just at the home versus road records for teams like us and you guys. Wisconsin hasn't lose a home game in regulation since 2009 (and only two OT losses). In that time, we've lost eleven road/neutral site games in regulation. And we aren't that weird. I know Oklahoma has some ridiculous home record as well in comparison to your road record.

There was also a study about homefield advantage done by SI and some major university a year or two ago and it found it had a major impact on officiating, and as such, on the result.

Oh, come on. How can one call by an official impact the outcome of a gam... um, well, never mind.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You calling me a troll.

LOL.

Like to put that to a public vote fuckface?

Nobody gives a squirt of piss about a word you say.

So seriously. Stop your trolling. I linked it to your stupidity, but its becoming evident.

You are certainly a troll and need to shut the fuck up.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! He mad.

:laugh3:@ fuckface.

:laugh3:@ a big ol crybaby mod. Maybe you need to step down. The pressure of being overrated is getting to you.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh3:@ a big ol crybaby mod. Maybe you need to step down. The pressure of being overrated is getting to you.

Call em as I see em. Stop trolling.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck kind of place is this anyway? A butthurt mod is the biggest troll on the whole site.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only are you a troll. You're a bad troll.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck kind of place is this anyway? A butthurt mod is the biggest troll on the whole site.

If you dont like it you are free to leave. Not one person will miss you pal.

And I gave you a warning about this already. What does me being a mod have to do with anything. I told you that I am here to watch for pr0n, spammers, and constant trolling.

Which you fit the bill in one of the above.

If I am abusing my moderator status please let HammerDown or any other mod know about it with an example.

I am very aware of why I am a mod and it isnt to abuse it.

I am just a poster who is on a lot and can talk smack if needed. When I do, it has nothing to do with being a mod.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't taze me BRO"!

Ok, smart ass.

Anyways, I am just saying, 40 of your last 50 posts are about Oregon, not your favorite team. I would def call that insecure. It could be your sub concious Ike. But not sure.

You posted more in the Oregon Cal thread than you did your own team.

You troll Oregon fans.

And also, it is against the rules here to troll team boards which you were doing in the Ole Miss forum.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me what justifies Oregon being number one. Besides putting up high scores on mediocre teams?

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, smart ass.

Anyways, I am just saying, 40 of your last 50 posts are about Oregon, not your favorite team. I would def call that insecure. It could be your sub concious Ike. But not sure.

You posted more in the Oregon Cal thread than you did your own team.

You troll Oregon fans.

And also, it is against the rules here to troll team boards which you were doing in the Ole Miss forum.

You are confused. I've never posted on the Ole Miss team board.