• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hoop Week 5 Top 25 Discussion Thread

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, these SportsHoopla polls are becoming a joke.

People voting with a major conference bias.

Mostly 2 or 3 posters all from SEC schools that are protecting the conference teams through shady voting.

We should do away with it or kick out polls where people arent taking it seriously.

Unreal that any of you are that insecure to put forth an honest ballot. Your self worth should not be tied to where your team and teams in your schools conference are ranked in a mock poll.

Insecure individuals.

:agree: This is why I haven't put mine out there. Right now my computer rankings have the Pac 12 in the top 4 spots and Alabama at 16. It still needs a few weeks to to straighten it self out.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Oregon in the 20s because my rankings are based on actual achievement this season, weighing games against ranked opponents heavily. They'll move up once they play a ranked team (possibly even if they lose).
My system also adjusts as the season progresses, and losses to ranked teams will drop in importance and undefeateds will move up as their winning streaks increase (once we have more ranked vs. ranked games, as I've started my system a little earlier this year than usual). For now, Oregon hasn't met my qualifications to be considered for a higher slot because of their schedule. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but it is not biased at all, it's a formula. If it were biased I sure as hell wouldn't have Clemson at #2, trust me.

Damn, now I feel even worse.

not really

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Oregon in the 20s because my rankings are based on actual achievement this season, weighing games against ranked opponents heavily. They'll move up once they play a ranked team (possibly even if they lose).
My system also adjusts as the season progresses, and losses to ranked teams will drop in importance and undefeateds will move up as their winning streaks increase (once we have more ranked vs. ranked games, as I've started my system a little earlier this year than usual). For now, Oregon hasn't met my qualifications to be considered for a higher slot because of their schedule. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but it is not biased at all, it's a formula. If it were biased I sure as hell wouldn't have Clemson at #2, trust me.

Ya, I can see that formula being a valid one. None the less. 22 is still pretty low.
Thank God the schedule is backloaded. As of today they have 3 top 15 teams one being #5 left on schedule.

Potentially 2 other opponents that remain scheduled could be ranked in Oregon State, Utah, or Arizona. As they are all receiving votes.

If the Ducks should be good and lucky enough to win out they will be a lock for top 2 spot.

Way too much football to call that yet though.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like ranking on actual achievements, but you have Rutgers, Nebraska and Louisville in your top 25. What have they achieved to warrant their rankings?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No formula that fails to consider margin of victory or homefield advantage is a valid one. Those are two of the mot important details which indicate the merit and talent of a team.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I can see that formula being a valid one. None the less. 22 is still pretty low.
Thank God the schedule is backloaded. As of today they have 3 top 15 teams one being #5 left on schedule.

Potentially 2 other opponents that remain scheduled could be ranked in Oregon State, Utah, or Arizona. As they are all receiving votes.

If the Ducks should be good and lucky enough to win out they will be a lock for top 2 spot.

Way too much football to call that yet though.

I use the Coaches Poll (up to #35) as the basis for my rankings, so Oregon St. or those others could easily be a credit to the Ducks' account when they play.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how it's only the Sitting Duck fans crying when someone doesn't rank their overrated team 1 or 2.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Ala-fuckin-BAMA
2.Johnny Boy Wonder
3.Clemson
4.Georgia
5.LSU
6.Stanford
7.Oregon
8.Florida St.
9.Baylor
10.Oklahoma
11.Ohio St.
12.Louisville
13.South Carolina
14.UCLA
15.Washington
16.Miami
17.Virginia Tech
18.Florida
19.Arizona St.
20.Ole Miss
21.Michigan
22.Maryland
23.Central Florida
24.Auburn
25.Oklahoma St.

Holy Shit this dood has so much SEC cock in his mouth he's fucking tying there nuts together around his neck just so he doesn't lose a drop. :nod::wtf2:

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like ranking on actual achievements, but you have Rutgers, Nebraska and Louisville in your top 25. What have they achieved to warrant their rankings?

I start with the Coaches Poll top 35.
The top tier of my rankings are teams that have beaten currently ranked teams (up to #35), arranged in order of achievement. The next tier are teams with only one loss, and to a ranked team (Rutgers, Nebraska). The next tier are undefeated teams who have not played a ranked team, in the order found on the coaches poll (Louisville).

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No formula that fails to consider margin of victory or homefield advantage is a valid one. Those are two of the mot important details which indicate the merit and talent of a team.

I use margin of victory as a tie-breaker if there is a common opponent. My formula emphasizes wins above all since that is the ultimate goal of the game.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I start with the Coaches Poll top 35.
The top tier of my rankings are teams that have beaten currently ranked teams (up to #35), arranged in order of achievement. The next tier are teams with only one loss, and to a ranked team (Rutgers, Nebraska). The next tier are undefeated teams who have not played a ranked team, in the order found on the coaches poll (Louisville).

So if you play team #34, and get blown out, you get ranked higher than someone who blew out 4 top100 teams (but none in top 35)?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how it's only the Sitting Duck fans crying when someone doesn't rank their overrated team 1 or 2.

No, its pretty much everyone that realizes you are an idiot.

I dont care if you have Oregon 7. Whatevz.

Just your insecurity issues are funny. Your voting unfortunately for you is a joke pal.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A few years back I read a study done by some statisticians from some major university who determined the homefield advantage was not all that important, barely worth a 3-5% increase winning edge, especially in the pro game. So if it's only a slight edge is really worth adding to a formula?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way, do you really think home field means a crap to shitty teams like Kansas, Colorado, Wake Forest and many others? It's not really an edge for a lot teams.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you play team #34, and get blown out, you get ranked higher than someone who blew out 4 top100 teams (but none in top 35)?

If getting blown out by #34 actually keeps you in the rankings (very doubtful), then yes, at this point in the season you will be in a higher tier than a team who has played no ranked teams.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We could have hung 70+ pts on Wake yesterday. Would that make us a better team?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If getting blown out by #34 actually keeps you in the rankings (very doubtful), then yes, at this point in the season you will be in a higher tier than a team who has played no ranked teams.

The only issue I have with this is you are basing your poll on another poll, instead of using your own independent ranking of the teams. If the #10 team got blown out (35-10) by #34, they would stay ranked in the top35 due to poll bias. If they had started out at #30 and got blown out, they would be out of the poll.

Seems screwy to base all of your poll based on how teams are ranked in another poll.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems to me impressive win factor doesn't appear to matter...I think south Carolina should be more like 18 after struggling to beat UCF

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I think your poll is a joke. I just didn't feel like getting into it with you.