• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honey Badger

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

Stop running this commercial. It seems more like a commercial that Doggie fans would air, not the Giants flagship station.

They are saying that the Giants are like Honey Badgers because they swallow snakes? What???

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am at work and not able to view the link, so I may be HFing here, but please bear with me...

The honey badger MAY be a fierce beast. That is not my point. The commercial has a CLEARLY flamboyant guy talking about swallowing snakes. Why would a San Francisco radio station do that? It seem to me like they are just asking for extra hazing.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen the commercial but it sounds like the same guy from the video I posted.

I thought the YouTube video was pretty funny

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the youtube vid is funny. Giants mkting staff trying to take advantage of anything and everything viral .. to the uninitiated, the eating snakes thing for an SF team is condemning.

HarbaughHooey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

Stop running this commercial. It seems more like a commercial that Doggie fans would air, not the Giants flagship station.

They are saying that the Giants are like Honey Badgers because they swallow snakes? What???

It is kind of silly. Not an add that suits the Giants.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am at work and not able to view the link, so I may be HFing here, but please bear with me...

The honey badger MAY be a fierce beast. That is not my point. The commercial has a CLEARLY flamboyant guy talking about swallowing snakes. Why would a San Francisco radio station do that? It seem to me like they are just asking for extra hazing.

You have to watch the video. Although the narrator certainly seems over-the-top drama queen, he never says "swallow." The emphasis is on snakes getting killed, thus the (IMO) clever marketing tie in.

I really like the video, although the other ones by him aren't nearly as funny. Best line "look at that sleepy fuck."

Last edited by a moderator: