• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Homer addresses media/Pronger update tomorrow

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he'll be highly sought after i agree.. but i think a player like him, even if its not him, would be useful..

i think it would really benefit the flyers if they could structure the team with 2 scoring lines, a two-way line, and a checking line.. in the devils series, if it was a defensive zone draw and couturier's line was tired, the flyers basically played russian roulette.. none of there other lines were even remotely effective defensively

i think couturier will be a perfect 3rd line C next year.. hopefully he'll shoot a little more, but still bring really solid defense.. i honestly think he can put up jordan staal numbers next year and still play well defensively.. i'd put read and maybe simmonds on that line with him.. get solid two way play and speed from read, and get some extra help along the boards with simmonds..

but then you have a big hole at '4th line shut down C'.. rinaldo/sestito are a decent wing for that line (though, if money is available, adding someone like fedetenko would be awesome, he's been an animal defensively for the rags and he's UFA) and talbot is good on the other side..

then you can mix/match schenn, hartnell, giroux, briere, voracek, and jvr has your top 6.. but i would pair giroux with either briere or jvr, and voracek with the other one.. to get a little d-support.. voracek and giroux track back pretty well

Talbot plays center as well so I would just move him over as the 4th line center.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talbot plays center as well so I would just move him over as the 4th line center.

true.. i still think you need another shutdown guy for that line though.. cause couturier definitely needs better linemates.. guys that play a good two-way game like he does