• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Home of Hockey Elites

What area provides the best hockey players (both historically and current day?)

• British Columbia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ontario

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Quebec

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Other (Please State)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have done more and more research into the history of hockey, and was shocked about the amount of talent that came out of Quebec between the 30's - 80's

I then found a list of the 100 Greatest Hockey Players published by The Hockey News and after doing some quick research noticed that almost half of the first 20-30 players were from Quebec.

So what do you think? Is Quebec truly the home of the greatest hockey talent historically, or do my Habs colored glasses taint the whole picture?

Here is a link to the list - List of 100 greatest NHL players by The Hockey News - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are some of the names on the list that are from Quebec -

Mario Lemieux
Maurice Richard
Doug Harvey
Jean Beliveau
Guy Lafleur
Jacques Plante
Ray Bourque
Mike Bossy
Patrick Roy

And that's just the players in the top 25.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted Quebec, but on a per capita basis, Saskatchewan has churned out more that its fair share of great hockey players (most notably Gordie Howe).

Reactions: Eco

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top two are both Ontario as is the current best player in the game, as is the NHL's leading point-getter and 3 of the top 10 goalscorers in the 20 years since that list came out. 5 of the top 10 scorers of all time are Ontario, 6 of the top 10 assisters of all time, 4 of the all time point getters. Plus they didn't all just play on the same team for 60 years - of all the guys described above, only Joe Thornton, Ron Francis and Mike Gartner have played any games for the Leafs and they combined for 145 games (and counting), proving they could do it outside their du Maurier-scented comfort zone.

Ontario best.

Reactions: Eco

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top two are both Ontario as is the current best player in the game, as is the NHL's leading point-getter and 3 of the top 10 goalscorers in the 20 years since that list came out. 5 of the top 10 scorers of all time are Ontario, 6 of the top 10 assisters of all time, 4 of the all time point getters. Plus they didn't all just play on the same team for 60 years - of all the guys described above, only Joe Thornton, Ron Francis and Mike Gartner have played any games for the Leafs and they combined for 145 games (and counting), proving they could do it outside their du Maurier-scented comfort zone.

Ontario best.

Three of the guys I listed never put on the Habs sweater. Mario, Ray, and Bossy

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite nhler was born in Paraguay so I’m going to vote other.