• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holgorsen - "You lie in recruiting"

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get bad apples everywhere though.

PLEASE tell me this quote was taken out of context and he was talking about CFB recruiting as a whole and not himself. Tell me he followed up with "we don't lie to kids at WVU" or something.

ralphie explains it pretty well, kids (and anyone else that got the full story) understand exactly what he is talking about.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he's not wrong, but I take some serious pride in knowing that Nebraska does things the right way. You ask any player and they'll tell you that being recruited by Bo is MUCH different than any other coach. He's not gonna sugarcoat it. He's blunt and sincere. I hear it over and over again from every kid who tells their recruiting story.

There's never gonna be anything different when they start playing here than what is told to them when they were recruited.

You come here, you had better have your grades up, you will earn your spot on the team through hard work, and you are no more important than the 3rd string scout team walk on.

It weeds out a lot of the big headed divas. Any time we get a flashy big headed kid he usually ends up either tapping out and transferring after a year or plummeting down the depth chart because they don't want to work for it. They expect it to be handed to them.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I understand that every team is gonna tell the kid "listen, we need you. You can really help us out" and they're gonna send 'em mail like some kind of psycho ex boyfriend who's got a restraining order, and that's fine, but making promises you can't keep or don't intend to is pretty messed up. You're messing with a kids future.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
122709kiffin1_t607.jpg

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

What a dumb ass.

Holgerson is dead weight. I predict he is fired after this season when WVU fails to make a bowl. His team has regressed every year. Terrible head coach.