• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hokies vs Jackets to start 2012

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The GT twitter accounts are all stating that we will be opening up against Ga Tech next season...

At least we have months to prepare for the option!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news IMO. That gives us all summer to prepare. Plus it is much more likely they could be a little more rusty and prone to turnovers when the first Defense they face is completely "swarming" (pun intended) them.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care either way. I guess the positive thing is we have plenty of time to prepare for the Triple Option. Whereas GT doesn't really quite know what to expect from us. They have to ask themselves "Do we prepare for your typical VT offense or what happens if LT3 takes a lion's share of the offense in a Newton-like way?"

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually not enthused to be playing them; they are a good team and we have an unproven OLine and new RBs. Would rather those two groups got a shot versus an FCS team ideally. Lets hope we don't have another Boise State situation next year

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually not enthused to be playing them; they are a good team and we have an unproven OLine and new RBs. Would rather those two groups got a shot versus an FCS team ideally. Lets hope we don't have another Boise State situation next year

GT next year is not anything close to a Boise situation. Boise is good. GT lost their only WR threat last year, and Tevin still hasn't proven he can get it done as a qb when he is forced to throw, in my eyes. We played the triple option last year better than I've seen us play it since PJ took over, and with the entire front 7 back, we should shut them down. Plus, we'll get a shot at an early year night game in Lane.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GT next year is not anything close to a Boise situation. Boise is good. GT lost their only WR threat last year, and Tevin still hasn't proven he can get it done as a qb when he is forced to throw, in my eyes. We played the triple option last year better than I've seen us play it since PJ took over, and with the entire front 7 back, we should shut them down. Plus, we'll get a shot at an early year night game in Lane.

I agree. Our offense will be able to move the ball against them. It will come down to our defense and they will be good. We have more depth this year and versatility with some players.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Though I can respect some of his recruiting policies, it's always fun to kick PJ in his nuts. That guy is such a disrespectful douche and he is driving GT football into the ground. We complain about our offense? I would cry if I had to watch an option offense every Saturday for 4 months.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You can make up for a lot of inexperience on your team if you have good players on both sides of the LOS.

GT's offensive line will be very good next year returning all of their starters. They will start three r-Jrs and two r-Srs on the offensive line next year barring injury or other circumstances. They will also return four other starters on offense: QB, Fullback, 1 Halfback, and 1 WR.

On the defensive side of the ball, GT loses two senior starters on their three-man front, and one senior LB. That can't help a defense the NCAA ranked #66 in rushing defense, #60 in scoring defense, and #44 in total defense. But they will return a total of 7 starters.

JMHO, but this will not be an easy game by any stretch. Just the way I like it!

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Boooooo Labor Day.

Now Groh and Georgia Tech have all summer to figure out how to stop the QB sneak.

beamerball2.jpg

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though I can respect some of his recruiting policies, it's always fun to kick PJ in his nuts. That guy is such a disrespectful douche and he is driving GT football into the ground. We complain about our offense? I would cry if I had to watch an option offense every Saturday for 4 months.

amen to that

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I work with a few GT fans. But I know a little bit about the team because of it.

It is definitely not a given that Tevin Washington will be their starter next year. They had a true freshman named Vad Lee who had a chance to start for them last year, but he didn't enroll early so he didn't have time to learn everything he needed. By the time GT started treading water, PJ didn't want to pull the kid's redshirt.

The guys I talk to follow the team very closely, and it sounds like there is a good shot Vad Lee could start for them. This could be a problem for us in that he is more athletic and a much better passer. It is also awesome for us because I will bet against a kid playing against our D in his first college game every single time.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boooooo Labor Day.

Now Groh and Georgia Tech have all summer to figure out how to stop the QB sneak.

beamerball2.jpg

Lord I wish he would hold the ball a little more secure when extending it than just holding the tip. I know thats the grip he had when it was tucked but still

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm night game in Lane.... Given our recent history with bad weather, I'm predicting 55 degrees and rainy.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
AndyBitterVT Andy Bitter
Georgia Tech source tells AJC the Yellow Jackets-#Hokies Labor Day game is a go. No confirmation from VT as of now