• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hoke needs to GO!

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tressel's available.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well granny is in the bathroom changing her close-ta-me bag, he's just gonna have to wait or go outside.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Kiffin anyone.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why they hired Joke in the first place.

I remember it well though. All the MICH fans were high as kites that they got their guy.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 2 Coaches that Michigan has hired have been "Proven Coaches"
Maybe go out on a limb next time.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a coach starts off sentences with: "If they were truly fans..." It's time for him to go. If you were truly a good coach the fans wouldn't be turning against you. The HC equivalent of the race card imo.
Yeah, that statement entered RR territory for me -- the old RR "Get a life" comment.

Hoke has a lot of winning to do if he expects to win fans over and keep his job.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even sure if it's coaching at this point...

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 2 Coaches that Michigan has hired have been "Proven Coaches"
Maybe go out on a limb next time.

I'm not sure Hoke was "proven coach" in the same way RR was. Ultimately, I really only want Harbaugh. If Harbaugh isn't available I would be cautious of a coaching change. Another bad hire would be pretty disastrous.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke is still primarily using Rich Rod's guys so Hoke needs another 4-5 years to implement his system, or that's what Michigan apologists have been telling us for 2+ years

Not sure about that. In only his 2nd year in Columbus Tressel took Cooper's recruits & won the national title. Maybe Hoke just isn't the right HC for them? Because they have never had problems getting the nations top talent to play in ann arbor.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even sure if it's coaching at this point...

Hoke has been a very good recruiter. But when you land top 20 classes your coaches go t work and make them better. Thats not the case at UofM. Hoke gets top 20 kids and they regress.

The O-Line recruits have been outstanding and yet they get pushed around and can't even get the start of a running game. All in all a total goat fuck but when you lead with true fans will pull for the team bullshit you are clueless! True fans want to see the team win not get the shit kicked out of them!

Time to open the wallet and go get a coach that knows how to game plan! That develops their talent! And does not insult their fans.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke:
1st year 11-2
2nd year 8-5
3rd year 7-6
This year 1-1

The longer he's there the worse he gets.
The more he recruits 'his guys' and puts 'his system' in place the more he sucks.
This guy is toast unless he wins???????how many games this year???

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke:
1st year 11-2
2nd year 8-5
3rd year 7-6
This year 1-1

The longer he's there the worse he gets.
The more he recruits 'his guys' and puts 'his system' in place the more he sucks.
This guy is toast unless he wins???????how many games this year???

Nobody really knows what his system is!

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really need to be progressive and get away from the "We must have a Michigan man" line of thinking.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Hoke was "proven coach" in the same way RR was. Ultimately, I really only want Harbaugh. If Harbaugh isn't available I would be cautious of a coaching change. Another bad hire would be pretty disastrous.

I think that is a major point we need to consider here. It'd be own thing if through backdoor channels we knew of a big name coach ready to step in. But without that, do we really risk an unknown?

Consider, for all the struggles and not living up to Michigan exceptations he still has won the majority of his games, has a BCS bowl win, and in the vast majority of games lost the team was compeative and very easily could have won.............all while still in transition mode (because yes, it does take college coaches time, hence why most contracts are 5+ years).

Last weekend did shake my faith to the core, but one never knows how the season will play out until it does. And if, by the off chance the team is able to rally and win the remain 10 games (yeah, I know but as one Han Solo once said "never tell me the odds"), the last one will been seen as just an abnormality.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Letters: Baton Rouge*|*Love Letters

Dear Baton Rouge,

It's hard to believe that it's now been nearly 10 years that my family has called you home. We have come to love everything about this wonderful city and state. From the food, the people, and of course LSU, I can't imagine living anywhere else.

I have watched my four children grow up here and Kathy and I have been honored and proud to have been part of such a great community. Whether it's been on the soccer field, swimming pool or baseball diamond, my kids have had great opportunities growing up here. They've made friendships and created memories that will last a lifetime and for that, I'm grateful.

As the head football coach at LSU, I'm fortunate to represent a great university and coach outstanding young men who are passionate about their school and their football.

You have also allowed me the opportunity to coach in what is the finest college football town in America. There's nothing like a Saturday in the fall on the LSU campus, especially when it's a night game in Tiger Stadium. With the sun setting in the Western Sky and "Calling Baton Rouge" playing during pre-game to get the crowd into a frenzy, there's no better place than Tiger Stadium.

So, thank you Baton Rouge, for being such a unique and wonderful place. It's truly an honor to call you home.

Geaux Tigers!

Les Miles
LSU Head Coach

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is a major point we need to consider here. It'd be own thing if through backdoor channels we knew of a big name coach ready to step in. But without that, do we really risk an unknown?

Consider, for all the struggles and not living up to Michigan exceptations he still has won the majority of his games, has a BCS bowl win, and in the vast majority of games lost the team was compeative and very easily could have won.............all while still in transition mode (because yes, it does take college coaches time, hence why most contracts are 5+ years).

Last weekend did shake my faith to the core, but one never knows how the season will play out until it does. And if, by the off chance the team is able to rally and win the remain 10 games (yeah, I know but as one Han Solo once said "never tell me the odds"), the last one will been seen as just an abnormality.

My concern is he won that BCS game with Rich Rod's players after failing to get to the B1G Championship Game. And that he had a whole offseason to get ready for Alabama and they looked lost. Notre Dame was missing 5 players and still made it look easy. I think Hoke is over his head.

I keep thinking back to the end of last season when he swore that no changes would be made to the staff and a week later he canned AL Borges and hired a new O-Coordinator. He seems to lost and player development is just not happening.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really need to be progressive and get away from the "We must have a Michigan man" line of thinking.

The last two coach searches were train wrecks IMO.

AD Martin had been turned down by a couple of guys then made a panic move by hiring Rich Rod who was whoring himself out. Not one member of the coach search committee was talked to about this hire.

The second search seemed to be a 3 way race with Hoke, Harbaugh, and Miles and we find out Miles was never contacted and Harbaugh was set to stay on the left coast. A few other interviews happened but it seemed like they had settled on Hoke before the search started.

Target the best guy you have a chance for and pay the man.