• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOF Descendants

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at Rockungham in 95 when Ward won his first race. I remember listening to Rusty on the radio going we are going to catch him we are going to catch him we are protesting this race.

Because of Ward always running up front when I went I would root for him also.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at Rockungham in 95 when Ward won his first race. I remember listening to Rusty on the radio going we are going to catch him we are going to catch him we are protesting this race.

Because of Ward always running up front when I went I would root for him also.

I was a kid at Darlington and saw a Burton brothers 1-2 finish sometime in the late 90's.

I never met Ward, but Jeff was one of the nicest drivers I've met.

(Dale Sr, Tony Stewart, Jeff Burton, Dale Jarrett, and Ricky Rudd were great. Jeff Gordon, Jeremy Mayfield and Sterling Marlin were dickhead)

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of these guys really don't live up to their father's great play and other times the sons are better than their fathers. I wonder how it'll end up being for Vladdy Jr.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baines, yes. Raines, no fucking way.

Granted, he is not an “inner-circle” HOFer, but he is legit. He is one of the best leadoff hitters of all time. If he was not a contemporary of the Goat, he would be more recognized as such. Also, playing the bulk of his career in Montreal does not help his name-recognition case.

Legit sure, no questioning he is in the discussion for HOF. Which is why the baseball HOF, and mostly all HOF’s have become too PC. Watching Raines, no one ever said HOFer. Really good but not HOFer. Watching Baines and no one ever said he is a sure fire All Star.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legit sure, no questioning he is in the discussion for HOF. Which is why the baseball HOF, and mostly all HOF’s have become too PC. Watching Raines, no one ever said HOFer. Really good but not HOFer. Watching Baines and no one ever said he is a sure fire All Star.
Again, no argument on Baines. He is a bastardization of the process. Horrible, horrible add.

And Raines is a legit HOFer in my eyes. Agree to disagree, I guess.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, no argument on Baines. He is a bastardization of the process. Horrible, horrible add.

And Raines is a legit HOFer in my eyes. Agree to disagree, I guess.

I agree.

Baines makes your argument against the DH. Since he was considered the best at that position through the 80s.

Raines just had the bad luck to play at the same time as Henderson, otherwise he would have been voted in earlier.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean I know that you didn't post this looking for opinions but I definitely thought I was watching a HoFer.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the time in all sports, the son isn't as good as the father.

There's exceptions in all sports(Ken Griffey Jr, Richard Petty, etc), but the sons usually fail to live up to the father's name.
meh, that's because you're only looking at the son because you already knew who the father was and not the other way around. some scrub made it to AAA, and his son is crushing it, you're not really going to be thinking about who the father was

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, that's because you're only looking at the son because you already knew who the father was and not the other way around. some scrub made it to AAA, and his son is crushing it, you're not really going to be thinking about who the father was

That's true. Ronald Acuna's dad played AA ball with Jose Reyes.