• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOF Ballot

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piazza is a guy that I think deserves it, but because I only had 10 votes I cannot take everyone in on year if I am a voter. Really you can make a case for most of the guys we have all been voting for in the thread. I don't see anyone voting for Richie Sexson haha.

Tom Grieve loves Richie Sexson....

“If Kason Gabbard’s going to hit anybody, he’s going to hit one of their good hitters — he’s not going to Richie Sexson. You got a chance to hit Ibanez, you got a chance to hit Beltre — two good hitters. You got a guy coming up there who can’t hit water if he fell out of a boat. You’re going to throw at him?

That pitch wasn’t even close! That pitch is a foot away from him! Boy that is a gutless, 6’7″, .200-hitting, formerly good player. What a joke.”

Maybe the day of the vote I'll go back and count up the votes for the "Sportshoopla HOF Class of 2014"

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

how vapid do you have to be to not realize this? ...

wake up and think like a rational human being.

I had to look up 'vapid' in the dictionary ... but am still not sure exactly whether I ought to object or not.

But on a relevant point ... scroll back up ... you and I agree it is a travesty that Edgar Martinez isn't already in. That has to count for something!

Lastly ... if 300 wins gets you in ... or 3000 hits gets you in ... why should we be giving spares like EG a vote? (I think he has a vote). I want some judgement.

If I had my way the only people who would get to vote are the guys already in the Hall ... and they get one vote a year ... the top five get in.

Otherwise ... like MVP voting ... I couldn't care less. I'd rather debate 4OF or UIF projections. Something meaningful.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rational adults now understand that PED use was ubiquitous in MLB for decades before congress got involved. mlb and the players union turned a blind eye to it until some idiot politicians in congress got involved and decided to try to score some cheap points with narrow minded constituents.

congress went after the most high profile athletes, so of course the clemmens', mcgwires', bonds', etc were the ones the media focused on.

how vapid do you have to be to not realize this? just imagine if congress turned the same inquisitive eye toward the NFL, where we all know PED use is also ubiquitous. they'd be voted out the very next term because it's tacitly accepted that NFL players juice like fucking prize horses in the triple crown.

wake up and think like a rational human being.

You might want to learn how to spell Roger C-L-E-M-E-N-S before chastising others for their lack of knowledge. Furthermore, vapidity has nothing to do with one's ability to realize or rationalize certain things. Someone or something that is vapid is trite, shallow, unoriginal, boring, and uninspiring. You can be all of those things and still understand concepts. One of the most common misuses of the word vapid is to substitute it for stupid or slow. As any English professor will tell you, that is incorrect.

But by all means keep it up with the intellectually superior shtick.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to learn how to spell Roger C-L-E-M-E-N-S before chastising others for their lack of knowledge. Furthermore, vapidity has nothing to do with one's ability to realize or rationalize certain things. Someone or something that is vapid is trite, shallow, unoriginal, boring, and uninspiring. You can be all of those things and still understand concepts. One of the most common misuses of the word vapid is to substitute it for stupid or slow. As any English professor will tell you, that is incorrect.

But by all means keep it up with the intellectually inferior shtick.

Vacuous would have been better diction.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want....

grammar nazis on message boards are the most vapid of all.

thanks to all reasonable adults on here for not being morons like this asshole.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to look up 'vapid' in the dictionary ... but am still not sure exactly whether I ought to object or not.

But on a relevant point ... scroll back up ... you and I agree it is a travesty that Edgar Martinez isn't already in. That has to count for something!

Lastly ... if 300 wins gets you in ... or 3000 hits gets you in ... why should we be giving spares like EG a vote? (I think he has a vote). I want some judgement.

If I had my way the only people who would get to vote are the guys already in the Hall ... and they get one vote a year ... the top five get in.

Otherwise ... like MVP voting ... I couldn't care less. I'd rather debate 4OF or UIF projections. Something meaningful.

yep

it's all a big joke, really

not just MLB, either, but all sports

take care

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But by all means keep it up with the intellectually superior shtick.

I even thought about telling people to lay off the insults, y'all are doing fine, I was just hoping I wouldn't have had to tell people not to, especially something so subjective as a HOF vote

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Congress suddenly the paragon of all morality and righteousness? Those corrupt fucks have no business asking MLB players what they do to their own bodies.

exactly

the irony is thick.

like i said, why isn't congress targeting the nfl, which we all know is PED-riddled? gee, i wonder.....lol.

buffoons like willthethrill and such will never understand. sub-90 IQs go through life so oblivious to everything....lol.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The insults are kinda pointless, its opinion, all are valid here, it think it shows an important difference in opinion even among the average fan as to what is HOF worthy

i only insult idiots who can't reason.

pretty sure you're not one of those, so i'll just apologize for my admittedly incendiary rhetoric. it's not aimed at you, rest assured.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly

the irony is thick.

like i said, why isn't congress targeting the nfl, which we all know is PED-riddled? gee, i wonder.....lol.

buffoons like willthethrill and such will never understand. sub-90 IQs go through life so oblivious to everything....lol.

It would be nice if you went back over to the Seattle board now

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grammar nazis on message boards are the most vapid of all.

thanks to all reasonable adults on here for not being morons like this asshole.

Yeah, and those who resort to childish name-calling on a message board are real Mensa candidates. If you attack the intelligence of others with a post filled with the most basic misspellings and misuses of words in an attempt to sound smart, you're going to get called out on it.

There's a phrase about a pot and a kettle. I suggest you look it up.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vacuous would have been better diction.

See ... that's what I mean ... this is a pretty impressive board ... 'vacuous' would be cool to be accused of being or doing. Appreciate that Rev ... thanks! Still am unclear what it means ... but sounds cool.

Vacuous is a word you don't see properly used on ESPN's boards ... maybe back in the day on BBTIA Joey used it once or twice ... but not on ESPN. We got class here.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See ... that's what I mean ... this is a pretty impressive board ... 'vacuous' would be cool to be accused of being or doing. Appreciate that Rev ... thanks! Still am unclear what it means ... but sounds cool.

Vacuous is a word you don't see properly used on ESPN's boards ... maybe back in the day on BBTIA Joey used it once or twice ... but not on ESPN. We got class here.

Hah...For a word that can mean mindless you must have one to understand it. I love the juxtaposition to be honest.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm drunk a bit so sorry if i offended anybody. rangers fans are usually pretty cool. take care.

jamesx122

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough one voting for my top 10 since some of the players I never watched play and also because there's a lot of legitimate candidates who have good cases.

My ballot (After Maddux it's in no particular order)

1. Barry Bonds (total jerk but I can't deny his greatness)
2. Roger Clemens (same as Bonds)
3. Gregg Maddux (should be unanimous but some idiot is going to leave him out, or a blank ballot will be sent)
4. Larry Walker (Park adjusted stats show he wasn't a Coors product like Bichette, also good defender and baserunner)
5. Frank Thomas (The Big Hurt...do I really need to explain this?)
6. Curt Schilling (total ass but still a great player, posted multiple Cy Young caliber seasons but some dudes named Randy Johnson and Johan Santana were better those years)
7. Mike Mussina (underrated pitcher who deserves a Cy Young award, also his WAR of 82.7 is more than enough for me)
8. Tom Glavine (I think he's a bit overrated because of the 300 wins but he had some great seasons and will definitely get in with Maddux)
9. Jeff Bagwell (Great all around 1B who ran the bases well and was a solid fielder, his offensive numbers are pretty good too)
10. Edgar Martinez (I don't think he should be penalized for being a DH)

I really wish they would get rid of the stupid 10 ballots only, because I wanted to vote for Biggio, Trammel, Raines, McGwire, and Piazza.