• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7 HOF, CY or MVP Players MLB Draft PI2 : Mookie vs UK

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats @UK Cowboy solid team. Great play in matchup imo

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Digging both staffs

Here is how the lineups compare since I have time watching Bolts v B's.

Mookie (With LEfty O'Doul) - v RHP .903 OPS
Mookie v LHP - .906 OPS

UK v RHP - .873
UK v LHP - .854

Now thats not era adjuest and a little influenced by Roses overwhelming AB's but hes got some coors guys to offset it.

Funny note - Ralph Kiner OPS was 50 points higher vs RIghties not Lefty's a Inverse guy

Gotta go with the stronger bats.

Mookie

Nice analysis and what I was referencing

Baseball especially is somewhat played in a vacuum... It's the most one on one team sport there is

Also I think baseball wise it's easy to overlook defense and outfield is a little tricky given the park differentials (and less important anyway)

But let's take a guy not in the pool in Miguel Cabrera... He qualifies for 3B sure and his hitting stats are off the charts but if you park him next to a limited mobility SS you're asking for trouble. This is the very issue that the Tigers struggled with having Guillen and so they had to move them both.

But by 2012 when Cabrera went back to third (for Prince) on paper that's a sick lineup but Rick Porcello (a steady ground ball pitcher) struggled with his worst season ever. Couple years later Porcello wins a CY with a better infield.

I'm just droning on now but it's factors I think become difficult to weigh

Hall

Hoopla Cash
$ 128,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does and mookie could have trouble with Thome at 3rd though his hitting probably outweighed fielding in one series.