• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Historically...Michigan is overrated honestly

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOF? He had a BUNCH of wins in Columbus in his tenure, but I wouldn't think enough to get into the HOF (although maybe it is pretty easy). Where did he come from before coaching in Columbus?

Arizona State, he beat meeeechegan in the Rose Bowl when he was there. Some dumbfuck in Columbus thought it would be a great idea to hire the Pooper Scooper & begin those 13 very unlucky years.:L

His coaching record in 24 years was 192-84-6 & 5-9 in bowl games

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being a troll but I was looking at national titles and realized how overrated a lot of these teams are but none compare to Michigan.

Also, what have they dont lately. When I say lately, I mean the last 66 years. Well they have 1 national championship since 1948. 10 of their 11 national championships were before 1948 when the competition was nothing compared to now.

They are a historic program but they are overrated. The last 60+ years they have 1 national title, that's piss poor honestly.
And yet your best coach ever couldn't get a winning record vs. ours.

As I've said before, national titles are not the end all be all. Until the BCS they were just arbitrarily voted on. Our winning record and conference titles speak for themselves.

Most teams that are rated highly in the polls are often over rated. If Michigan is ranked #6 and finishes #7 -- it falls in the "we were over rated" category. But that doesn't take away from that hypothetical #7 team being really good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, although I don't think I would brag about those NC title appearances. Lot's of fans outside the B10 would say they didn't deserve to be there, and they would point to the scores of those games as proof.

Well also in those back-to-back appearances OSU faced teams in conferences that were far superior. That was when the SEC was at the top and by a lot. They were by far the superior conference in those years. So nothing to be ashamed about. It always looks bad when you lose a title game, but the fact they were in the game still says a little bit. Ohh well Urban will make up for beating us :yes:

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona State, after he beat meeeechegan in the Rose Bowl. Some dumbfuck in Columbus thought it would be a great idea to hire the Pooper Scooper & begin those 13 very unlucky years.:L

His career coaching in 24 years was 192-84-6 & 5-9 in bowl games

That's a pretty amazing record, and definitely HOF worthy. That's an average of 8 wins a year for nearly a quarter of a century. Half that time was spent at a top 10 program.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet your best coach ever couldn't get a winning record vs. ours.

As I've said before, national titles are not the end all be all. Until the BCS they were just arbitrarily voted on. Our winning record and conference titles speak for themselves.

Most teams that are rated highly in the polls are often over rated. If Michigan is ranked #6 and finishes #7 -- it falls in the "we were over rated" category. But that doesn't take away from that hypothetical #7 team being really good.

But it's the most important thing people look at you. You can win all you want, but what good is it if you cant be the best...shit at least one year lol

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well also in those back-to-back appearances OSU faced teams in conferences that were far superior. That was when the SEC was at the top and by a lot. They were by far the superior conference in those years. So nothing to be ashamed about. It always looks bad when you lose a title game, but the fact they were in the game still says a little bit. Ohh well Urban will make up for beating us :yes:

But the question is, where you really the #2 team in the country in those games. By the end of the game, the answer seemed to be that you were overrated.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska crushed Tennessee in 1997. Tennessee of course had Peyton Manning and won the NC in 1998. Michigan beat a turdbucket Wazzu team in the Rose Bowl that went 3-8 the next year.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's the most important thing people look at you. You can win all you want, but what good is it if you cant be the best...shit at least one year lol

Is it the thing most people look at? I don't necessarily think that's true -- especially when comparing teams without a ton of national titles. Wisconsin or Michigan State have been two of the better programs in the past 8 years....teams that even national champions might not want to play in a bowl game. But at least MSU hasn't won a national title in 50 years. I'd say winning does matter probably equally as much as national titles. Can't have a national title without consistently winning.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska crushed Tennessee in 1997. Tennessee of course had Peyton Manning and won the NC in 1998. Michigan beat a turdbucket Wazzu team in the Rose Bowl that went 3-8 the next year.

So Nebraska whooped a Tennessee team that Florida whooped earlier that year? Wazzo was higher ranked than Tennessee that year as well.

I don't think you measure who should win a national championship by one game that both teams won. IIRC, Michigan was #1 in both the AP and #1 in the Coaches Poll going into the bowl game. Then the coaches changed their minds. It is, what it is, but my biased opinion thought that Michigan didn't do anything to deserve being knocked down to #2 after the bowl game.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we are suppose to think that it's the best Rivalry in CFB.
I think not.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we are suppose to think that it's the best Rivalry in CFB.
I think not.

Unfortunately you're right, but the best rivalry right now definitely doesn't reside in the B12 either.

I would put the best rivalry title on the Iron Bowl...at least over the past 5-6 years.

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Nebraska whooped a Tennessee team that Florida whooped earlier that year? Wazzo was higher ranked than Tennessee that year as well.

I don't think you measure who should win a national championship by one game that both teams won. IIRC, Michigan was #1 in both the AP and #1 in the Coaches Poll going into the bowl game. Then the coaches changed their minds. It is, what it is, but my biased opinion thought that Michigan didn't do anything to deserve being knocked down to #2 after the bowl game.

That's probably because they didn't belong at #1 to begin with.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably because they didn't belong at #1 to begin with.

I mean all Michigan did was go undefeated. They also beat 4 teams that finished ranked in the Top 25.

Nebraska beat five teams that finished ranked, but they also had the opportunity to beat one of those teams in the Big XII Championship game. The Big Ten didn't have a championship game back then.

I like Nebraska better than Michigan, but I don't think you can say that Nebraska was obviously better than Michigan that year.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which shows you have truly bad this rivalry was from the mid 70's till the turn of the century in favor of Michigan.

Hopefully we get back to the Cooper years again soon! :)
Not as lopsided as you might think. From 1974 to 1999 the Bucks are 9-16-2 That was with Cooper going 2-10-1. Tressel owned UM. Now it's Urban's turn. I do hope Hardnuts can at least make it competitive.
Jon Cooper was secretly on the meeechegan payroll for 13 years!
Yeah fuck the pooper scooper. That asshole has so much talent we should have won some natties and 2-10 against Michigan is just disgusting.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't I know. Nebraska was turrible in the 1940's and 1950's. They are down somewhat now but they're still winning 9 or 10 games, so it won't go down in history for being near as bad.

The losing seasons in 2004 and 2007 were an anomaly.
I'm going to miss the hell out of Bo Pelini, was consistent with wins and was a real hard ass.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're unquestionably the most overrated team in the nation. Their "history" pretty much being the best team when there were hardly any teams and people didn't care about college football that much.

Archangel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're unquestionably the most overrated team in the nation. Their "history" pretty much being the best team when there were hardly any teams and people didn't care about college football that much.

Yeah, but isn't being overrated kinda overrated?