• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hightower returning to Patriots

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you fell for the current garbage media on him. Nice.

I didn't have to have the media tell me anything. His play or well lack of play at times on the field because of nagging injuries over the last few years speaks plenty loud. Not saying it was a bad signing by any means but this is one of the ones that has a bit more red flags attached to it for the Patriots. I am one that would be surprised if he made it through the next 4 seasons without a serious injury or continued missed time because of injuries.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have to have the media tell me anything. His play or well lack of play at times on the field because of nagging injuries over the last few years speaks plenty loud. Not saying it was a bad signing by any means but this is one of the ones that has a bit more red flags attached to it for the Patriots. I am one that would be surprised if he made it through the next 4 seasons without a serious injury or continued missed time because of injuries.

Do you ever form an actual opinion not based on what you heard?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you ever form an actual opinion not based on what you heard?

Haha Well considering most of the media thinks this was an incredible signing and I'm a bit more down on it seems like I'm the one actually working to form my own opinion. I speak my mind on what I see with Hightower. He is a guy that has struggled with nagging injuries. On top of that he plays one of the more physical positions that is known for players breaking down and sometimes struggling to stay healthy. This isn't media driven this is history driven. And well those who do not pay attention to history are doomed to repeat it. So explain to me what I am missing here?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha Well considering most of the media thinks this was an incredible signing and I'm a bit more down on it seems like I'm the one actually working to form my own opinion. I speak my mind on what I see with Hightower. He is a guy that has struggled with nagging injuries. On top of that he plays one of the more physical positions that is known for players breaking down and sometimes struggling to stay healthy. This isn't media driven this is history driven. And well those who do not pay attention to history are doomed to repeat it. So explain to me what I am missing here?

You spoke almost verbatim on the negative take about him. Something you have done in the past on NFL topics. Seems to be a pattern with you.

But go ahead and post another longer than needed response.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You spoke almost verbatim on the negative take about him. Something you have done in the past on NFL topics. Seems to be a pattern with you.

But go ahead and post another longer than needed response.
no thanks

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The report from the Jets.

But yeah, you post based on your own thoughts.

:thumb:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So then why was he missing games over the last 3 years? I mean 13 games this past year and 12 games played the 2 years before that...Are they just resting him?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then why was he missing games over the last 3 years? I mean 13 games this past year and 12 games played the 2 years before that...Are they just resting him?
BB has a knack for signing players either from the draft, FA or a trade that have had multiple surguries and injuries. I have no idea why except he feels he's getting them at the right price. He the tries to limit their play when available in order to see if they can stay relatively healthy. When all else fails there's always deer antler spray.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So how am I wrong? I mean not hard to google all of Hightower's injuries...

During his time in Alabama--Torn ACL

2014 season--another knee injury that cost him 4 games

2015 season--another knee injury with a sprained MCL--If I'm reading things right all of these injuries have been to the same knee so far

2016--Slight torn Meniscus and shoulder injuries.

What am I missing?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how am I wrong? I mean not hard to google all of Hightower's injuries...

During his time in Alabama--Torn ACL

2014 season--another knee injury that cost him 4 games

2015 season--another knee injury with a sprained MCL--If I'm reading things right all of these injuries have been to the same knee so far

2016--Slight torn Meniscus and shoulder injuries.

What am I missing?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're not missing anything, you're repeating other sources and claiming it as original thought of your own.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB has a knack for signing players either from the draft, FA or a trade that have had multiple surguries and injuries. I have no idea why except he feels he's getting them at the right price. He the tries to limit their play when available in order to see if they can stay relatively healthy. When all else fails there's always deer antler spray.

Oh I"m not arguing that. I've seen Belichick do this plenty some with success and some with failure. I'm trying to understand why me saying Hightower has nagging injury issues so far in his career is such a crazy thing according to NEPatsfan. I mean yeah the Jets had concerns about it for a good reason. So far in his career he has only played all 16 games once.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not missing anything, you're repeating other sources and claiming it as original thought of your own.

Never said it was my original thought. His injuries are all over the internet. It took my 5 seconds on google to find all those injuries. I just happen to agree with the Jets and plenty of others that yes he does have a nagging injury issues especially to that left knee that most likely will be a problem moving forward.

Again this is just being logical. It isn't about copying anybody. Lots of injuries to the same spot while playing a very physical position and being known as one of the more physical guys on the field usually leads to that knee breaking down more and more. That is why I was shocked the Patriots re-signed him because they are known in the past of letting guys go before they really start breaking down. I understand why they like Hightower. He is a great LB and leader for that Pats defense. I will just be shocked if he holds up.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said this a couple of weeks ago that he is one of those "proceed with caution" type players because of the nagging injuries that show up every year. Hasn't had the season ending stuff but those nagging injuries don't usually just all of a sudden get better.

But really it's the Jets taking washed up; injured Revis and passing on SB hero Hightower.
Expect something different? @cdumler7