• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Rook ....get the check

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this hazing shit in Miami going down right now goes way back. Did Incognito go over the line ?...I say yes. Messing with a guy with mental problems is flat out wrong. That will be the next big subject to come out of this thing. Some people make fun of people with mental illness which is why people with mental illness are afraid to get help . They don't want teammates to work them. Hard core jocks ...AKA Macho men find it a weakness to have mental problems. You would think with all the concussion problems and guys killing themselves in the NFL that the players would get a clue about what is going on.

As for the money part of hazing and paying tribute to the Vets that goes back to a Mafia style. There is a Soprono's episode where the upper guys make the soldiers (Christopher) had to pay a big check at dinner and Paulie ordered extra stuff which pissed of Christopher. The scene ends with a dead waiter who got stiffed by Christopher in the parking lot. I know it's a TV show but I have heard it works this way in the mob.

It's a show of respect for the older mob members. It's a code. Most of the players love that mob stuff and it has invaded the locker room.

Incognito has a track record for getting bounced by teams. Where there is smoke there is fire. The guy is a big jerk.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this hazing shit in Miami going down right now goes way back. Did Incognito go over the line ?...I say yes. Messing with a guy with mental problems is flat out wrong. That will be the next big subject to come out of this thing. Some people make fun of people with mental illness which is why people with mental illness are afraid to get help . They don't want teammates to work them. Hard core jocks ...AKA Macho men find it a weakness to have mental problems. You would think with all the concussion problems and guys killing themselves in the NFL that the players would get a clue about what is going on.

As for the money part of hazing and paying tribute to the Vets that goes back to a Mafia style. There is a Soprono's episode where the upper guys make the soldiers (Christopher) had to pay a big check at dinner and Paulie ordered extra stuff which pissed of Christopher. The scene ends with a dead waiter who got stiffed by Christopher in the parking lot. I know it's a TV show but I have heard it works this way in the mob.

It's a show of respect for the older mob members. It's a code. Most of the players love that mob stuff and it has invaded the locker room.

Incognito has a track record for getting bounced by teams. Where there is smoke there is fire. The guy is a big jerk.

Incognito may have a future as a Mob enforcer if football is over for him.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember that episode Paulie was ordering lobsters and bottles of Don and the waiter got pissed that Chrissy didn't give him a bigger tip.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found that scene from the Sopronos about the young guys paying the tab.. Tony explains to Christopher why he has to pay the tab.

on youtube..

The Sopranos Paying the Tab

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What proof do you have that hazing is common in the NFL, because the league is full of people who are infatuated with the mob? Sounds like a huge jump to me. How do you know how many players like the mob? where was that story covered?

I think it's more likely that these guys got exposed to the Rites of Passage in college, where fraternities put initiates through all kinds of ridiculous treatment to make them prove themselves. Men have been putting each other through rites of passage through out history. It's also done in the military and everywhere else where where men are a part of a brotherhood. There is no reason to assume it's done out of admiration for the mafia.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's another example of the rite of passage, I'll just go ahead and assume that the NFL is full of players who have seen this video and that's why rookies have to prove themselves.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What proof do you have that hazing is common in the NFL, because the league is full of people who are infatuated with the mob? Sounds like a huge jump to me. How do you know how many players like the mob? where was that story covered?

I think it's more likely that these guys got exposed to the Rites of Passage in college, where fraternities put initiates through all kinds of ridiculous treatment to make them prove themselves. Men have been putting each other through rites of passage through out history. It's also done in the military and everywhere else where where men are a part of a brotherhood. There is no reason to assume it's done out of admiration for the mafia.

Most hazing in football starts in high school . Seniors get on underclassman all the time. High schools have been trying to cut out some of this hazing .

I was just relating a story from the Sapronos to show the mentality of paying for dinners and such. And if you ever watch Cribs almost all sports guys homes have a Scarface or a Godfather poster in their movie room. Players love Mafia movies. In my life all the Athletes and just men who have played sports on a lower level I know love mob movies.

It would be a good study on how many athletes love mob movies . As for the military no one is paying for meals. Shit on a shingle is served daily. Watch out for the code red though. A Few Good Men was a good movie. Jack in the witness chair at the end was a classic.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's another example of the rite of passage, I'll just go ahead and assume that the NFL is full of players who have seen this video and that's why rookies have to prove themselves.

My hands are still hurting watching this guy. :gaah::Cry::loco2::drink:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i say we make new posters sing on youtube

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In highschool we had a really close group of friends. One day this dude Matt, just out of nowhere says.."Am I part of the group now guys?" He had been hanging out with us from the start of highschool so I have no clue why he thought this. But we couldn't let this one go and we made him do a bunch of dumb shit to be "part of the group." Not because we thought he had to earn his spot, but because he was such a dumbass for thinking he had to.

As far as hazing goes... don't fuck with peoples money. They shouldn't pull that. And don't overly humiliate. Carrying pads, and getting in the back of the line is fine. Even embarrassing someone is fine. Humiliation and embarrassment are two different things.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me insensitive but if someone has a legit case of mental illness, he/she should really do their homework on what career to follow through....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If I were a rookie there's no way in hell I would pay for another player's meals or trips. That's a stupid, douchey tradition.

longbeach 49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Call me insensitive but if someone has a legit case of mental illness, he/she should really do their homework on what career to follow through....

This is one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time. The ignorance of society pertaining to mental illness is mind blowing. I don't even believe Martin is mentally ill, just sensitive and soft. Still a potentially good tackle though.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time. The ignorance of society pertaining to mental illness is mind blowing. I don't even believe Martin is mentally ill, just sensitive and soft. Still a potentially good tackle though.

if u dont have the mental toughness to deal with a dipshit, how are u gonna deal with DE's?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a rookie there's no way in hell I would pay for another player's meals or trips. That's a stupid, douchey tradition.

I guess you didn't hear what really happened on the Vegas trip thing according to another Dolphin lineman. Its not so sinister when you know the real story.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Andrew Bogut from the Warriors made a good point on this the other day on KNBR, said yeah, there's a rookie dinner at the beginning of the season and its expensive. Then said that he and the other big money veterans will end up buying dinners for the rookies for the rest of the season. It is kind of a good point, as long as it works that way. Miami sounded a bit different in that they kept going back, but the rookie dinner may not be so terrible.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Bogut from the Warriors made a good point on this the other day on KNBR, said yeah, there's a rookie dinner at the beginning of the season and its expensive. Then said that he and the other big money veterans will end up buying dinners for the rookies for the rest of the season. It is kind of a good point, as long as it works that way. Miami sounded a bit different in that they kept going back, but the rookie dinner may not be so terrible.

15 NBA players on a team. 53 on an NFL team. Kinda depends on how many people go to the dinner.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess you didn't hear what really happened on the Vegas trip thing according to another Dolphin lineman. Its not so sinister when you know the real story.

I did not read Sick say that the trips or meals are sinister.. He said the tradition is douchy...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not read Sick say that the trips or meals are sinister.. He said the tradition is douchy...

Since it didn't happen the way Martin would have yoiu believe then how can it be "douchy"?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since it didn't happen the way Martin would have yoiu believe then how can it be "douchy"?

Again .. Read the context of Sick's statement.. The whole tradition it self is what he finds douchy not just Martin's case... Whether or not it's sinister it's besides the point... His statement is about having the rookies pay for the veteran is what he has problems with...