• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey at least we get to play in Seattle next week....

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What's wrong with the offense? It's never been that good. We've been chasing the D for more than a decade. Now it's just really bad.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to lose out. No reason to win we will just get a worse draft pick for it.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense is the same it's always been. Injuries to the O Line have hurt it, but the basic concepts are the same. This year Kap has regressed badly and can't take any pressure off the run game to force defenses out of the box and that's why the run game has suffered so badly.

The team has always relied on the defense, but the defense got old and hurt this year. It's a testament to Fangio and our depth that it's been decent this year even and even great without almost the entire linebacking corp. Even our cornerbacks have been decimated with injuries.

Everyones got their viewpoints on why the team is so flat, but I honestly can't tell you if Kap sucks this year because of the coaches or if the coaches are holding back because Kap sucks. Everyone points to Roman and he's been an idiot this year for sure, but he's not the one missing wide open crosses or running backs running free on swing routes that Kap never checks down to. I get NFL rewind and see coaches film and there are definitely open receivers Kap misses or never even looks at even when he has time to scan the field.

Purguy likes the Seattle OC because of their gameplan and I can tell you the guy is pretty disliked up here in Seattle and it's not the gameplan. Russell Wilson is running for his life half the time and just making plays on his own. Kap has no pocket awareness and panics and stares at the rush and that's why we don't see that from him except like once a game.

We got problems and Baalke has his work cut out for him. He's got to decide first if Harbaugh is the problem and then decide if Kap is and then retool accordingly. There's going to be another alot of roster turnover this offseason no matter what and after seeing this year it would be for the best.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole offense has gone to shit. Kaep is lost. Wide receivers drop too many balls. O-line is average at best. Our running game isn't good. Perhaps worst of all, our offense looks very, very predictable. I doubt defensive coordinators are losing any sleep while game-planning against us.

Sounds like Gore is finally showing he's human ... Dudes been a work horse for a long time for you guy's...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Gore is finally showing he's human ... Dudes been a work horse for a long time for you guy's...

He should be in the Hall of Fame one day, IMO, but he's a 31.5 year old RB and you know what they say about running backs who are 30 and older. It's amazing that he's even this productive at his age, but yeah, he's nowhere close to what he was before, IMO.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gore was running strong today and being effective, we just got away from the run too soon like we do every week. Gore/Hyde should get at least 20 touches a game, no matter what. drives me nuts that even though Kaep is struggling they still put the game on his arm. Insanity.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The offense is the same it's always been. Injuries to the O Line have hurt it, but the basic concepts are the same. This year Kap has regressed badly and can't take any pressure off the run game to force defenses out of the box and that's why the run game has suffered so badly.

The team has always relied on the defense, but the defense got old and hurt this year. It's a testament to Fangio and our depth that it's been decent this year even and even great without almost the entire linebacking corp. Even our cornerbacks have been decimated with injuries.

Everyones got their viewpoints on why the team is so flat, but I honestly can't tell you if Kap sucks this year because of the coaches or if the coaches are holding back because Kap sucks. Everyone points to Roman and he's been an idiot this year for sure, but he's not the one missing wide open crosses or running backs running free on swing routes that Kap never checks down to. I get NFL rewind and see coaches film and there are definitely open receivers Kap misses or never even looks at even when he has time to scan the field.

Purguy likes the Seattle OC because of their gameplan and I can tell you the guy is pretty disliked up here in Seattle and it's not the gameplan. Russell Wilson is running for his life half the time and just making plays on his own. Kap has no pocket awareness and panics and stares at the rush and that's why we don't see that from him except like once a game.

We got problems and Baalke has his work cut out for him. He's got to decide first if Harbaugh is the problem and then decide if Kap is and then retool accordingly. There's going to be another alot of roster turnover this offseason no matter what and after seeing this year it would be for the best.

Better be careful posting real analysis like that one because this can be considered blasphemous by some people here

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 reason to beat Seattle knock them out of the playoffs.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle held the high flying Eagles to less than 150 of total offense in Philadelphia. I have a better chance of winning the lottery than the Niners winning at Seattle. Will the Niners have more false starts/delay of game than points scored by the offense?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be in the Hall of Fame one day, IMO, but he's a 31.5 year old RB and you know what they say about running backs who are 30 and older. It's amazing that he's even this productive at his age, but yeah, he's nowhere close to what he was before, IMO.

The stats for running back when they hit age 30 is staggering how much they drop off... I think there is something about the age 30 that makes our legs weaken a bit... it's almost like a universal law .... Gore bucked that trend a little bit last year, but I could see he didn't have the same pull alway speed...

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats for running back when they hit age 30 is staggering how much they drop off... I think there is something about the age 30 that makes our legs weaken a bit... it's almost like a universal law .... Gore bucked that trend a little bit last year, but I could see he didn't have the same pull alway speed...

A starting running back is pretty much guaranteed to get hit 20+ times a game. Over the long run, I think it just wears your body down. Gore takes less direct hits due to his running style, but still its gonna catch up with you over such a long time.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really ? This team has quit and Kaep is regressing faster then Chris Borlands hairline.

don't agree they've quit, plus nothing like Seattle to keep the players very interested.

IMO it'll be a CLOSE game, close enough to where we have a chance to win at the end. WILL we win, not going that far. :-)

Again, our defense will hold them to a reasonable score. So as long as we don't turn it over, it'll be CLOSE.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't agree they've quit, plus nothing like Seattle to keep the players very interested.

IMO it'll be a CLOSE game, close enough to where we have a chance to win at the end. WILL we win, not going that far. :-)

Again, our defense will hold them to a reasonable score. So as long as we don't turn it over, it'll be CLOSE.

I like your optimism deep, but I have a hard time seeing the game close, The defense will play hard and compete, but it's the offense that will struggle especially with the crowd noise. I hope it's close and maybe the Niners find a way to win, but I just can't fathom it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like your optimism deep, but I have a hard time seeing the game close, The defense will play hard and compete, but it's the offense that will struggle especially with the crowd noise. I hope it's close and maybe the Niners find a way to win, but I just can't fathom it.

that's ok, I supposed 90% of the fan base is of this view.

we shall see and again, just don't turn it over.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's ok, I supposed 90% of the fan base is of this view.

we shall see and again, just don't turn it over.

That's the basic marching orders for Russell Wilson. Just don't turn it over, keep drives alive by taking what the defense gives you, and don't do anything dumb.

If you look at their superbowl season last year that's exactly how our 2011 season was supposed to go with Alex Smith until Kyle Williams screwed us over. We would have smashed NE that year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A starting running back is pretty much guaranteed to get hit 20+ times a game. Over the long run, I think it just wears your body down. Gore takes less direct hits due to his running style, but still its gonna catch up with you over such a long time.

I hear that...