• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's where Wade should sign if he's bought out...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Antonio.

Their SG situation is one of the worst in the league. This is the one contending team that Wade could get significant minutes on and still be effective.

This is where I said he should have gone when he hit the summer free agent market in 2016, but the stupid Spurs used all their offseason money that year to sign Gasol and bring back Ginobili, two players that are even more washed up than Wade is.

(Yes, I'm the only on here that's allowed to criticize Gregg Popovich (the GOAT coach) due to my family connections):heh:

Of course, I can't blame San Antonio too much since they probably never envisioned Wade ever leaving Miami like I did.:D

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I agree San Antonio is his best opportunity to help a contender, but I don't agree their SG position is that bad. Danny Green is a really nice 3 and D player that fits them well. Wade would surely help, but I see those two splitting minutes if Wade were to sign there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think hes coming to Cleveland.

MAYBE Miami- but that would require swallowing a lot of pride which i dont think he does.

Will be a nice spark plug off the bench and play in 4th qtr. lineups down the stretch.

Sign wade- trade for Gasol or cousins.

take down the Golden Showers.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MAYBE Miami- but that would require swallowing a lot of pride which i dont think he does.

Will be a nice spark plug off the bench and play in 4th qtr. lineups down the stretch.

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Spurs suggestion.

Spurs or Cavs should be his landing spot.

But, boy could the Pelicans use him.

No shot of that especially with Rondo on the roster.

yeah, it comes down to which team has more of a shot to get him one last ring, though i don't see EITHER team beating the Warriors...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I agree San Antonio is his best opportunity to help a contender, but I don't agree their SG position is that bad. Danny Green is a really nice 3 and D player that fits them well. Wade would surely help, but I see those two splitting minutes if Wade were to sign there.

They lost Jonathan Simmons, though. And he was a big part of their WCF run last season with his defense on James Harden. I also don't see 40-year-old Ginobili helping too much...He might get 15 minutes a night if he's able to stay healthy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Swallow pride?
It's already proven that HE made the wrong decision by leaving.
The entire Bull thing has backfired.
Eventually he retires as a Heat player.
My guess is Riley will give him an opportunity to come back as a player this sseason.
If Wade decides to go to the Cavs, my other guess is that he won't get that opportunity again and ends up signing a 1 day once he's ready to retire.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I wouldn't mind since Ginobili hasn't been consistent for quite a few years. He had a good year last year, and maybe a good year 2 years before that. I'll be delighted if he can have a good season this year, but he's at 40 years old. I don't know how much money they have left, either. They have guys like Brandon Paul who was a summer league star, but how can you rely on that?

SA has way too many guards though, period. Parker/Murray/Mills, Green/Manu/Paul/some other guy they just signed...I'd rather get a decent big man than another SG unless they wanna cut one of the newer guys.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I wouldn't mind since Ginobili hasn't been consistent for quite a few years. He had a good year last year, and maybe a good year 2 years before that. I'll be delighted if he can have a good season this year, but he's at 40 years old. I don't know how much money they have left, either. They have guys like Brandon Paul who was a summer league star, but how can you rely on that?

SA has way too many guards though, period. Parker/Murray/Mills, Green/Manu/Paul/some other guy they just signed...I'd rather get a decent big man than another SG unless they wanna cut one of the newer guys.

See, the Spurs strength is the frontcourt though.

In 1990, you couldn't have too many bigs. As more teams are going small more often, you need guard depth more than ever. Just not sure they need another big as much as they could use an impact guard.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, the Spurs strength is the frontcourt though.

In 1990, you couldn't have too many bigs. As more teams are going small more often, you need guard depth more than ever. Just not sure they need another big as much as they could use an impact guard.
I hope Pop goes the smart route and starts Gay/Kawhi/Aldridge together. Keep Gasol on the bench for some depth.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Pop goes the smart route and starts Gay/Kawhi/Aldridge together. Keep Gasol on the bench for some depth.
Only problem is Aldridge doesn't want to play the 5.

I'm sure Pop could care less what Lamarcus wants.

But,....remember this?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they kept their word for 2 years.
It might help if Pau takes the Summer off too.

He has clearly lost a step. But, he can still help them.

I know you can never tell a guy this.

But, it might be time to give the National Team a rest.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might help if Pau takes the Summer off too.

He has clearly lost a step. But, he can still help them.

I know you can never tell a guy this.

But, it might be time to give the National Team a rest.
how obssessed do you have to be with basketball to go from a marathon nba regular seson- to the national team- and back and forth for well over a decade...

you have to fucking LOVE basketball....i couldnt do that with ANYTHING.

i can see why some of these guys have identity crisis' when they leave the game.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem is Aldridge doesn't want to play the 5.

I'm sure Pop could care less what Lamarcus wants.

But,....remember this?

This is one of the reasons I'm cool with Miami not having a chance at him. Bosh eventually had to play center, and although not thrilled with it, he knew it would help the team win and did it anyway.

As long as Aldridge's on the Spurs, I don't think they'll ever win a title. When its time to step up, he looks around and hopes someone else does it.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the reasons I'm cool with Miami not having a chance at him. Bosh eventually had to play center, and although not thrilled with it, he knew it would help the team win and did it anyway.

As long as Aldridge's on the Spurs, I don't think they'll ever win a title. When its time to step up, he looks around and hopes someone else does it.
I used to think he was the best Power Forward in the NBA when he was in Portland.

I just thought he was overlooked because of the market he played in.

Nope.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how obssessed do you have to be with basketball to go from a marathon nba regular seson- to the national team- and back and forth for well over a decade...

you have to fucking LOVE basketball....i couldnt do that with ANYTHING.

i can see why some of these guys have identity crisis' when they leave the game.
I was afraid Shaq was gonna be one of those guys.

I was scared for that Dude when his weight ballooned.

He looked like he was 500 pounds.

Getting that gig at Turner probably saved his life.

Say what you will about guys like Lebron, Kobe.

Both guys were obsessed with winning.

* In different ways *

But, both guys had the brains and inclination to cultivate other interests outside of basketball.

They will never be broke, nor broken, when the lime light fades away.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was afraid Shaq was gonna be one of those guys.

I was scared for that Dude when his weight ballooned.

He looked like he was 500 pounds.

Getting that gig at Turner probably saved his life.

Say what you will about guys like Lebron, Kobe.

Both guys were obsessed with winning.

* In different ways *

But, both guys had the brains and inclination to cultivate other interests outside of basketball.

They will never be broke, nor broken, when the lime light fades away.

Neither will Shaq. Dude owns something like 60 franchises. And still get sponsorship deals and is a tv analyst.

But we all knew Shaq was a tv personality from day 1. He was always going to be on tv when his playing career was done.