• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here it is boys: Big Kev Love

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As most observers know, the major or largest Warrior flaw rests w David Lee. Hence, he needs to be moved. He is highly productive, can score w both hands, can pick and pop and drive to the hole. He is a difficult cover. I propose trading him and Harrison Barnes to the TWolves for Kevin Love and a 2015 first. Love is a premier player. He does not possess the D of a Ibaka, may not be as rugged as David West but he is none the less a powerful PF that can score and rebound and shoot the rock from a distance and is near impossible to stop and grabs boards like few can. Giving up Harrison Barnes is the necessary ingredient in securing a talent like Love. HB has upside to the tune of 16 and 7 but he is not there right now. Love will eventually leave Minn - probably and if you are the TWolves getting Lee and Barnes is not a shabby proposition. Our team is Bogut Love, Ike, Curry and Steph w Green and Fest as your main bench players. Minn is Pekovic, Lee Barnes Martin and Rubio. The Warriors still need a quality back up PG but that's for later.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might consider Love for Lee and Barnes, and I would favor that just as an initial reaction. However, I do not think they are going to throw a first round pick into that deal as well. They are already getting a downgrade to Love in Lee, so Barnes pretty much has to be there to compensate for that. Hence, there is no need for them to include extra value.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They might consider Love for Lee and Barnes, and I would favor that just as an initial reaction. However, I do not think they are going to throw a first round pick into that deal as well. They are already getting a downgrade to Love in Lee, so Barnes pretty much has to be there to compensate for that. Hence, there is no need for them to include extra value.

Yep. No way does Minnesota add a #1 to this. In fact, they probably want more back than Lee's bad contract and Barnes to move Love, who is widely considered the top PF in the league.

I've got to say that Love on the Warriors would be sick. He's the perfect stretch-offense, elite rebounding and outlet-passing 4 for the team. His defense is virtually as bad as Lee's, but he is so much better in every other aspect of the game that the upgrade would be immense.

WestCoastFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told all of the Lakers they need to get rid of Kobe. I would still like to see them try for Robin Lopez but since its too late for that they can trade Kobe to the Knicks and try for Bosh in 2014.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me add that if we're shipping Lee for Love, I would prefer Klay be the sweetener, rather than Barnes. I just feel like we've seen the best of what Klay can offer, and it's not enough, at least not consistently enough. Barnes has been a little disappointing this year, but he's still learning, missed the whole training camp, and was a real stud under the bright lights in the playoffs.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So,

Not me. I prefer Klay. HB does not seem to posses instincts or the ability to get into a flow. His beat is a about a half step off. He is going to have to continue to learn the game. Klay may lack some physicality but he can play two spots and I would not break up the duo w Steph. Love is a force and although his defense is not stellar, it's a shade or two better than Lee. Anyway, maybe Minn does not throw in a first but it does seem as though Love is on his way out and getting a 21 yr old Barnes along w a productive Lee is not chopped liver. Minn's problem isn't Love but if he wants to leave they have got to get something of value and Barnes represents young talent w respectable upside.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told all of the Lakers they need to get rid of Kobe. I would still like to see them try for Robin Lopez but since its too late for that they can trade Kobe to the Knicks and try for Bosh in 2014.

And the award for the most random post of the day, in the wrong thread goes to...:wave:

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight, Dubs with a already short bench are going to trade away their starting PF+ 6th man?

D. Green for 30+ a night, and then Douglas for 10?

How many more injuries do you want this team to have? I'll admit Love would be an upgrade to Lee, but its probably the right trade at the wrong time for this 'chise.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Wolves love Love, and Kevin loves to stay in Minn. If we can get Love then we would have one of the best 4 & 5 combo in the league.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Simmons

I thought the Wolves love Love, and Kevin loves to stay in Minn. If we can get Love then we would have one of the best 4 & 5 combo in the league.

I think the legendary, Bill Simmons has said more than once that Love is out of there.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the legendary, Bill Simmons has said more than once that Love is out of there.

Then why don't we start dialing..... As I recalled, that both Barnett and Fitz said that Kevin loves the Wolves management. They're trying to do everything to please him.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. No way does Minnesota add a #1 to this. In fact, they probably want more back than Lee's bad contract and Barnes to move Love, who is widely considered the top PF in the league.

I've got to say that Love on the Warriors would be sick. He's the perfect stretch-offense, elite rebounding and outlet-passing 4 for the team. His defense is virtually as bad as Lee's, but he is so much better in every other aspect of the game that the upgrade would be immense.

That would be the problem. Rebounds and passing from the 4 isn't the problem. Turnovers and lack of defense is.

Pass

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you trade lee who is a good player. THEN You get ANOTHER top 20 player in Kevin love to go along with igoudala and curry that would be amazing and make us a bigger threat to make the finals

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dunno about that. I do know that having someone like Taj Gibson paired with Bogs would ensure we'd have the best defensive front line in the NBA.

Avi is a freaking turnstyle.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson is very decent. Not a starter.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno about that. I do know that having someone like Taj Gibson paired with Bogs would ensure we'd have the best defensive front line in the NBA.

Avi is a freaking turnstyle.

How about NBA Trade Machine - ESPN ?

Hollinger seems to think there would be a slight regression, but I think these players fill roles that aren't met by the Warriors' current 8th and 9th guys. For the Bucks, they're just trimming their budget a little earlier than they would have. Granted, Rid is David-Lee-bad on D, so the Dubs lose that from Douglas' game, but Luke can be hid with wings like Barnes, Iggy, Green and, to a certain extent, Klay (in addition to Bogut, Udoh and, someday, Ezeli in the middle). Also, you usually have to give up something to get something, and the Warriors would be giving next to nothing here to improve specific moments of the game at a much better rate than Speights, Bazemore and Douglas can provide.

For those that worry about Udoh taking FE's minutes when he returns, I'm fine with Bazemore and a trade exception for Rid, but I have been wanting Udoh back since he got shipped out in the Monta trade (could just get him for 2/$12 mil next year). I don't see why the Bucks would want Frodo simply languishing on the bench, too. 32 is not too old for his style of game.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about NBA Trade Machine - ESPN ?

Hollinger seems to think there would be a slight regression, but I think these players fill roles that aren't met by the Warriors' current 8th and 9th guys. For the Bucks, they're just trimming their budget a little earlier than they would have. Granted, Rid is David-Lee-bad on D, so the Dubs lose that from Douglas' game, but Luke can be hid with wings like Barnes, Iggy, Green and, to a certain extent, Klay (in addition to Bogut, Udoh and, someday, Ezeli in the middle). Also, you usually have to give up something to get something, and the Warriors would be giving next to nothing here to improve specific moments of the game at a much better rate than Speights, Bazemore and Douglas can provide.

For those that worry about Udoh taking FE's minutes when he returns, I'm fine with Bazemore and a trade exception for Rid, but I have been wanting Udoh back since he got shipped out in the Monta trade (could just get him for 2/$12 mil next year). I don't see why the Bucks would want Frodo simply languishing on the bench, too. 32 is not too old for his style of game.

Sorry. That probably seems a little out of context. I assumed the only way that the Bulls would take on Lee's contract and give up Gibson would be to include Boozer (which, of course, brings up a whole different mess of cap and luxury tax issues, so http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m7xqo23). This is likely how it would have to go down to get the deal done, but I don't know if either side does it. The other trade that I discussed would need to occur to fill holes. The last 3 spots on the roster could go to some serious scrubs, but who would care with this 1-10:

Curry - Ridnour
Thompson - Barnes
Iggy - Udoh
Gibson - Boozer
Bogut - Ezeli

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Rayhl , I don't know how they turned your Big Sexy K. Love thread into lets rob CHI blind and dump our bad contract onto them thread

:L

Did I miss something? Is there a firesale in CHI? Last I checked, CHI as is, with those players are 11-16 in a very weak Eastern Conference. Would Gibson bring some defense? Sure, along with Boozer, they are the reason why the Bulls are 11-16. I'd hold out for something better.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Rayhl , I don't know how they turned your Big Sexy K. Love thread into lets rob CHI blind and dump our bad contract onto them thread

:L

Did I miss something? Is there a firesale in CHI? Last I checked, CHI as is, with those players are 11-16 in a very weak Eastern Conference. Would Gibson bring some defense? Sure, .along with Boozer, they are the reason why the Bulls are 11-16 I'd hold out for something better.

Ummm...what?
I guess their injuries aren't the reason?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm...what?
I guess their injuries aren't the reason?

Not going to accept injuries as an excuse, folks bash the Dubs and Coach Jackson for their 17-13 record, so I won't accept injuries as an excuse for other teams either.