• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here is how you beat the Redskins

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are overthinking this. Small Pox blankets are clearly the most efficient option.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are overthinking this. Small Pox blankets are clearly the most efficient option.
Low hanging fruit. I'd actually applaud you if you were wittier.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gash us in the run game. We haven't done diddly to improve run defense this year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breeland was pretty good last year... Really had a strong year and looked to be a top 15 CB.. I think his biggest issue was they were playing a lot of cover 0, and when they were playing some cover 1, the safety was overcommitting on play action. Plus he's going up against the best WR in the league.

And never had a problem with keeping a corner on one side of the field. Lots of great defenses do that. The 2nd corner isn't having to worry about moving all over the field, the safeties and LB's aren't having to determine which way to lean their zones too, the 2nd corner isn't having to think inside release is to the left this time instead of the right. Slants always go the same way, footwork always the same, flip your hips and turn the same way every time...

Think back to GB vs. Sea a couple years ago. Sure GB said "we'll put Boykin over there where Sherman is". Seattle said "have at it. Rework your offense in just 3 days into something new, we'll keep doing exactly what we've been practicing for 3 years and see who does it better".

Remember it's not "can the #1 corner go all over the field" but "can the defense adjust for the #1 corner being in a different spot each play".

That's not a big deal...lot zone teams do it, in fact unless you are true m-t-m team it makes sense imo. Like you mentioned, the technique is the same making it easier to master.

Breeland is getting the goat award in WAS this week, but PIT made plays on both sides...they just weren't scoring plays. I agree with Caliskin...the worst play I saw Breeland make was the whiffed tackle attempt on the DWill touchdown run...he has to at least contain him a little. Good CB, bad day...Revis can probably tell him a little about that.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Breeland is going to get better? They clearly stated that Norman will stay on one side of the field and not move around. The system works in Seattle because they have good safeties and their CB opposite of Sherman is solid. Washington doesn't have anything special at safety and Breeland is trash

I don't think Norman can shut Dez down anyway, so it's really not key in this game IMO....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you missed the game on thanksgiving last year.

Is that the one Dez got ripped off for the TD ?....I can't remember, there were several games and we had a house full....But never the less, different team, different time, he didn't look so hot against Pitts....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the one Dez got ripped off for the TD ?....I can't remember, there were several games and we had a house full....But never the less, different team, different time, he didn't look so hot against Pitts....

He looked fine against Pittsburgh lol. They threw away from him most of the night. No complaints about his game on Monday

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked fine against Pittsburgh lol. They threw away from him most of the night. No complaints about his game on Monday

I didn't see him do anything significant and if he is so good , why didn't they put him on AB all night instead of one side only ?...Could it be he is limited in his coverage skills from the other side of the field ?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see him do anything significant and if he is so good , why didn't they put him on AB all night instead of one side only ?...Could it be he is limited in his coverage skills from the other side of the field ?

It is hard to do anything significant when the ball is barely being thrown your way. If I heard correctly Ben was 1-5 when he threw at Norman.

As for his coverage skills, he played the opposite side of the field quite a lot in Carolina so I highly doubt that is the issue. Just a stupid defensive philosophy in Washington to be honest with you

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to do anything significant when the ball is barely being thrown your way. If I heard correctly Ben was 1-5 when he threw at Norman.

As for his coverage skills, he played the opposite side of the field quite a lot in Carolina so I highly doubt that is the issue. Just a stupid defensive philosophy in Washington to be honest with you

I don't know him that well, but other than Sherman and Revis, there are no shut down corners any more, so I would think Dez, an amazing talent, could have success against him at the end of the day...Just my opinion though.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints fan talking D:suds:

Start of the Week: Eli Manning vs. Saints: This one pretty much speaks for itself. “Quarterback X vs. the Saints” is always a recommended play. The Saints allowed the most fantasy points to quarterbacks last season, and are off on the wrong foot once again this year after allowing Derek Carr to complete 24-of-38 passes for 319 yards and one score in Week 1. Manning was directly responsible for one of the biggest games against this Saints pass defense in 2015, completing 30-of-41 passes for…get this…350 yards and SIX! touchdowns. And New Orleans’ pass defense has arguably gotten worse and lost No. 1 cornerback Delvin Breaux to a broken fibula in the opener. The Saints’ top three corners are P.J. Williams, DeVante Harris, and Ken Crawley. Who are they? Well, all three just played their first career NFL game last Sunday. Williams is a 2015 third-rounder, while Harris and Crawley are undrafted rookies. The Saints and Giants were the fifth- and sixth-fastest paced teams, respectively, in the league Week 1, and 13th and second last season. The 53.5-point over-under for Saints-Giants is easily the highest on the board for Week 2.