• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here is how we can start the NBA season now...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is certainly possible that they win in the next 30 years. Not likely though.

Here is the list of teams who have won in the last 30 years:

Pistons: 3 x
Bulls: 6 x
Rockets: 2x
Spurs: 5x
LAkers: 5x
Heat: 3x
Mavericks: 1x
Warriors: 3x
Cavs: 1x
Raptors: 1x
Celtics: 1x

That is 11 teams out of 30 that have won. Titles tend to come in bunches and tend to favor stronger markets. And if you go back to 1980 you only add 1 more franchise. The deck is also stacked heavily against teams like Cleveland, Minnesota, Milwaukee, etc.

Cleveland won recently. Milaukee could easily win 1 or more with Giannis.

So yeah, if I am betting on the Cavs winning a title in the next 50 years I am taking no with a good bit of confidence.
I'll take yes because I could maybe live to collect while almost no chance I'd be around to pay.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team pretty much has to land a generational player to win a title. The heat in 32 years have 3 titles from drafting a generational player (Wade). If they didn't draft wade, they would likely be at 0 in 32 years, and never added Lebron. Outside of LA and BOS every team is basically the same...

None of these teams have ever won a championship: Brooklyn, Hornets, Grizzlies, Pelicans, Clippers, Timberwolves, Pacers, Thunder, Jazz, Suns, Nuggets, Magic

Mostly true.

The difference being that teams like Miami, LA, etc don’t have to rely on the draft to get them. Hence huge advantage for them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take yes because I could maybe live to collect while almost no chance I'd be around to pay.

LOL.

good point. Didn’t think that through.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly true.

The difference being that teams like Miami, LA, etc don’t have to rely on the draft to get them. Hence huge advantage for them.

I see LA, but Miami is a stretch. They are the Orlando Magic if they didn't land wade.

As far as Cle and Mill they both have won...Even Wash won like 30 years ago. NBA players seem to prefer the west for some reason. White people love the north. It's why hockey shines in the north and NBA shines in the west

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see LA, but Miami is a stretch. They are the Orlando Magic if they didn't land wade.

Not really. Miami has a history of at least some level of success outside of when they had D-Wade. They were one of those better EC teams in the 90's who couldn't get past MJ.

Orlando's success has only been when they had Shaq/Penny and Dwight.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as Cle and Mill they both have won...Even Wash won like 30 years ago. NBA players seem to prefer the west for some reason. White people love the north. It's why hockey shines in the north and NBA shines in the west

Forget the history. They have only been in existence for 30 years or so.

They have a huge advantage in the FA market over most franchises.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting case here. He might be so racist that he can't help saying shit like this. But he might be a very aware racist who says this stuff on purpose to troll. Either way, GAAAAAYYYYYY

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Miami has a history of at least some level of success outside of when they had D-Wade. They were one of those better EC teams in the 90's who couldn't get past MJ.

Orlando's success has only been when they had Shaq/Penny and Dwight.

Yea, ill give you Orlando was kinda harsh...Considering how bad they are, and they have had top talent too

Cavs were in the same situation with Jordan. They had a decent team, couldn't get past Jordan

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Washington won in 1978.

Like I posted earlier, only 12 franchises have won since 1980. That is crazy.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the history. They have only been in existence for 30 years or so.

They have a huge advantage in the FA market over most franchises.

I don't agree, the Heat have been around for 32 seasons and are middle of the pack...They have the same amount of championships as the Detroit Pistons

LA does have a clear advantage, but they haven't made a playoffs in 8 years now...Things change...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, ill give you Orlando was kinda harsh...Considering how bad they are, and they have had top talent too

Cavs were in the same situation with Jordan. They had a decent team, couldn't get past Jordan

Yeah, there was a group of teams the Knicks, Heat, Cavs and I think one other (can't remember who) that were always in the mix and might have made it to the finals if not for MJ's Bulls.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree, the Heat have been around for 32 seasons and are middle of the pack...They have the same amount of championships as the Detroit Pistons

LA does have a clear advantage, but they haven't made a playoffs in 8 years now...Things change...

Ok.

What do you what to bet that Miami wins their next title before Cleveland?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, LeBron kept getting to the finals to face one of the greatest teams ever. And people shit on him for losing 3 out of 4 to one of the greatest teams ever.