• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here is how we can start the NBA season now...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll die? Yeah in like 40 years
If he was talking about Gilbert what was confusing to me was saying new owner might be smart and will give a damn. Does that mean Gilbert is dumb and doesn't care?

some might argue the first point (which is absurd IMO) but beyond foolish to think Gilbert doesn't care.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you seemed to imply they might win another title if new owner is smart and gives a damn. Does that mean Gilbert is dumb and doesn't care?
I figure he isnt isnt basketball smart to say the least and we have seen many wealthy owners who simply werent good at building teams, but some of dont care enough to spend the money either, so a new owner in the next decade change things completely, Im just saying its its possible

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure he isnt isnt basketball smart to say the least and we have seen many wealthy owners who simply werent good at building teams, but some of dont care enough to spend the money either, so a new owner in the next decade change things completely, Im just saying its its possible
I wouldn't call Gilbert dumb by any stretch. Has he made some mistakes? I'm sure he has. The guy also wanted them to draft Oladipo and Draymond Green and he let the bball people make the pick. Probably why he doesn't want to break the bank to sign or keep GMs. Does he come across as arrogant and rub some the wrong way? Seems so...but if he spends so be it.

As for his spending, why would finding a new owner who did not spend like him give the cavs a better shot to win a title after he leaves?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was talking about Gilbert what was confusing to me was saying new owner might be smart and will give a damn. Does that mean Gilbert is dumb and doesn't care?

some might argue the first point (which is absurd IMO) but beyond foolish to think Gilbert doesn't care.
I think i just answered it, but it takes a special combination of talent and an owner who has that mentality. I think Gilbert got lucky with Lebron, and by your own words he clearly wont , but he is 58 years old and many things can change in even 10 years so I fail to understand how any one thinks its guaranteed, they wont wont in 50 years, but thats a good joke

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call Gilbert dumb by any stretch. Has he made some mistakes? I'm sure he has. The guy also wanted them to draft Oladipo and Draymond Green and he let the bball people make the pick. Probably why he doesn't want to break the bank to sign or keep GMs. Does he come across as arrogant and rub some the wrong way? Seems so...but if he spends so be it.

As for his spending, why would finding a new owner who did not spend like him give the cavs a better shot to win a title after he leaves?
Some times a complete change in a front office simply is better for an organization

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really sounds kind of stupid to be getting hostile because i wont guarantee you that the Cavs never win again. I get it, you think its 50 years before they win again...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i just answered it, but it takes a special combination of talent and an owner who has that mentality. I think Gilbert got lucky with Lebron, and by your own words he clearly wont , but he is 58 years old and many things can change in even 10 years so I fail to understand how any one thinks its guaranteed, they wont wont in 50 years, but thats a good joke
guaranteed they wont win in 50 years does seem a little tough to predict....but losing an owner like Gilbert here will likely be more detrimental than not because of his will to win/spending.

Did we get lucky with Lebron? Sure....but if Lebron did not trust that Gilbert would spend there is little chance he would come back.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really sounds kind of stupid to be getting hostile because i wont guarantee you that the Cavs never win again. I get it, you think its 50 years before they win again...
are you referring to me? disagreeing and giving you clear reasons why seems far from hostile.....never mind I agree 50 years seems like a long time to guarantee.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if you ask anyone who won a bunch of titles recently with one of the best teams ever assembled, with a team that everyone kept crying had broken the league, no one can remember.

Nobody cares about that. They will be replaying lebrons cavs title forever on ESPN. It's the only championship to beat a 73 win team and probably the greatest comeback in NBA history. GS is finished anyways...Their future is the same as the cavs...Unless they get lucky in the draft again, GS has never been a hot spot for stars. They landed Durant the same way the Cavs landed Lebron. Getting lucky in the draft lol

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cold weather smaller market teams like Cleveland, Milwaukee, Minnesota, etc pretty much has to land a generational player to build around to win a title.

Possible for sure, but I wouldn’t bet on it for any of these teams that don’t already have that player (Milwaukee). Whereas teams like the Lakers and Heat are very safe bets to a title in the next 30 years.

Every team pretty much has to land a generational player to win a title. The heat in 32 years have 3 titles from drafting a generational player (Wade). If they didn't draft wade, they would likely be at 0 in 32 years, and never added Lebron. Outside of LA and BOS every team is basically the same...

None of these teams have ever won a championship: Brooklyn, Hornets, Grizzlies, Pelicans, Clippers, Timberwolves, Pacers, Thunder, Jazz, Suns, Nuggets, Magic

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody cares about that. They will be replaying lebrons cavs title forever on ESPN. It's the only championship to beat a 73 win team and probably the greatest comeback in NBA history. GS is finished anyways...Their future is the same as the cavs...Unless they get lucky in the draft again, GS has never been a hot spot for stars. They landed Durant the same way the Cavs landed Lebron. Getting lucky in the draft lol
This post is Trumpian in its level of bullshit

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says who?

The endless Lebron videos they will play, like they do with Jordan says so...

Just 2 weeks ago they were playing the 2016 finals on ESPN...They weren't playing the 2015, 17 or 18 lol

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just play the season from 3-4 years ago. Nobody remembers what happened anyways. You would be just as shocked on each individual night for a win or loss, because nobody remembers who won or lost. Problem solved...You are welcome

I remember the Rockets choked and Harden went to la la lad in the 4th quarter

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E
The endless Lebron videos they will play, like they do with Jordan says so...

Just 2 weeks ago they were playing the 2016 finals on ESPN...They weren't playing the 2015, 17 or 18 lol
Enjoy the only ring your team will ever win.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't see him as terribly smart for an owner (but not necessarily dumb either)...but he clearly cares.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't see him as terribly smart for an owner (but not necessarily dumb either)...but he clearly cares.
I'm thinking he is smart......would ego get in his way at times? Perhaps. Can't think of mistakes he has made I would call dumb....but I guess I could see thinking ego getting in way could be dumb. I just haven't seen it hurt us yet.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its possible the Cavaliers can do it, but i was joking around when i said 30 years. Even 20 is a really long time when you think about

It is certainly possible that they win in the next 30 years. Not likely though.

Here is the list of teams who have won in the last 30 years:

Pistons: 3 x
Bulls: 6 x
Rockets: 2x
Spurs: 5x
LAkers: 5x
Heat: 3x
Mavericks: 1x
Warriors: 3x
Cavs: 1x
Raptors: 1x
Celtics: 1x

That is 11 teams out of 30 that have won. Titles tend to come in bunches and tend to favor stronger markets. And if you go back to 1980 you only add 1 more franchise. The deck is also stacked heavily against teams like Cleveland, Minnesota, Milwaukee, etc.

Cleveland won recently. Milaukee could easily win 1 or more with Giannis.

So yeah, if I am betting on the Cavs winning a title in the next 50 years I am taking no with a good bit of confidence.