• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Henry Melton

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that 3 year 8 million is guaranteed money too.

Is it overpaying? 4 year 25 million for a guy that was franchised at almost 9 million last year?

NOT that he could be worth almost 9 per, it is that he's coming off a knee injury, who takes that chance? Now I understand the contract is a series of one year deals, which actually makes some sense, you just don't know with his knee.

C

cubzzzfanincali

NOT that he could be worth almost 9 per, it is that he's coming off a knee injury, who takes that chance? Now I understand the contract is a series of one year deals, which actually makes some sense, you just don't know with his knee.

I might be wrong, but from what I understand if the clause kicks in the entire 3 years is guaranteed. That's what makes this such an interesting deal. I would love to have been in the room during those negotiations. But this is exactly the type of contract Dallas needed, given their cap issues. Hell of a deal, it's actually really interesting, and not a bad deal for either side.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I guess he actually can earn up to $5 million after bonuses this year. More in line what I expected.

I wonder what Oakland offered him.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just saying, they are spending one million to see if he can play. If he cant, he gets cut. If he plays to his potential, its a pretty sweet deal to keep him, much less than what they would be able to sign him for after a return to form and possibly another pro bowl. The gamble is they might end up having to franchise him next year and pay the 9.

I would think Oakland might have offered him a million one year deal, but end up going thru free agency again next year must get old for these players. Melton is from that area, so he is probably happy to be close to home.

Its a smart deal, I dont think people are giving Jerry much credit on this one. A Jerry move would have been guaranteeing that 4 year deal up front.