• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Henry cut

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got cut which is no surprise.

Article has no replacements named. Sure it is Prater.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feely, according to HC Bruce Arians, had lost some pop in his leg. That's why he was cut from Zona. I posted an article in another thread here a while back.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feely, according to HC Bruce Arians, had lost some pop in his leg. That's why he was cut from Zona. I posted an article in another thread here a while back.

He should fit in perfect then...:L

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the story on prater anyhow? Why is he avaliable

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cut from broncos due to substance abuse plus a cheaper pk took his place. Prater now has 2 offenses for alcohol in last 3 yrs... DUI in late dec 2011 and wasn't suppose to have even 1 alcoholic beverage. then got popped in a test last February..

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought prater got busted for cocaine this 2nd time? either way he usually stays clean during the season and even without denver air i am more than willing to sign up a vet with substance issues as long as he can make 50% of his kicks which at this point would be a godsend.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, lionscanWin. Prater wasn't suppose to consume any alcohol after his DUI in dec 2011. he admitted to having 1 beer after the SB 2014. He got tested and came up positive. Yes, tested positive for alcohol. Welker was allegedly the one who had ecstacy in his system

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how has his kicking been? Did he kick well last year? Thats too bad hes addicted. That shits no joke.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow last year 96 percent made, 6-7 from 50 plus, 8-8 from 40-49. They need to sign prater now. If they sign feely, fuck mayhew.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how has his kicking been? Did he kick well last year? Thats too bad hes addicted. That shits no joke.

I dont think he's addicted, he might be, but a DUI 3 years ago, and drinking a beer doesn't make a person an addict.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he's addicted, he might be, but a DUI 3 years ago, and drinking a beer doesn't make a person an addict.

True, but when all you have to do is stay clean and you cant its a damn good sign. I also doubt it was one beer and one time. If he was that responsible he wouldnt have even had one. Why risk it over one beer?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gvsulaker82 said:
True, but when all you have to do is stay clean and you cant its a damn good sign. I also doubt it was one beer and one time. If he was that responsible he wouldnt have even had one. Why risk it over one beer?

especially being a PK who just lost 2.2 mil this year and another 3.2 next year

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been on probation and had a beer. When you are at a BBQ, or celebrating chances are you are having a beer. If you like beer that is. I am not going to call a guy an addict or alcoholic for drinking a beer. The DUI is pushing it, but lots of people make stupid choices. That one isn't a pattern. And having a beer (thats all we really know of) doesn't make a person an alcoholic any more than it does for the 90 whatever percent of adults who drink beer. I can't say that he is or isn't, i dont know the guy, but from what we do know it seems pretty fucked up to be labeling the man an addict.

I am out here in Colorado and there has been plenty of speculation, most popular being that Prater is a cap casualty. Lots of Broncos need resigning.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on probation and had a beer. When you are at a BBQ, or celebrating chances are you are having a beer. If you like beer that is. I am not going to call a guy an addict or alcoholic for drinking a beer. The DUI is pushing it, but lots of people make stupid choices. That one isn't a pattern. And having a beer (thats all we really know of) doesn't make a person an alcoholic any more than it does for the 90 whatever percent of adults who drink beer. I can't say that he is or isn't, i dont know the guy, but from what we do know it seems pretty fucked up to be labeling the man an addict.

I am out here in Colorado and there has been plenty of speculation, most popular being that Prater is a cap casualty. Lots of Broncos need resigning.

I agreed. You could very well be correct. You could also very well be wrong. Sacrificing that amount of money over "one beer"? Im well versed in the psychology of addiction, and while I could be wrong, something isnt right here. Its hardly fucked up, actually. Its relatively common sense. I dont believe that denver would part ways with an extremely efficient kicker over one beer. There was definitely a pattern that wasnt made known to the public and praters side of the story may assuage you, but I am skeptical. I am willin to bet that unfortunately he is addicted. Many companies in America will work with their employees to rehabilitate them in situations such as this and IM sure the NFL and denver broncos are no different. All in all, I really dont give a damn. Sign the guy, I could care less if he drinks, because statistically he can kick.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agreed. You could very well be correct. You could also very well be wrong. Sacrificing that amount of money over "one beer"? Im well versed in the psychology of addiction, and while I could be wrong, something isnt right here. Its hardly fucked up, actually. Its relatively common sense. I dont believe that denver would part ways with an extremely efficient kicker over one bee r.There was definitely a pattern that wasnt made known to the public and praters side of the story may assuage you, but I am skeptical. I am willin to bet that unfortunately he is addicted. Many companies in America will work with their employees to rehabilitate them in situations such as this and IM sure the NFL and denver broncos are no different. All in all, I really dont give a damn. Sign the guy, I could care less if he drinks, because statistically he can kick.

I may have stated this before, but I will again, the most plausible explanation is he was a salary casualty, and Denver found another kicker they trust. There are a lot of contracts expiring this year in Denver, and they will need that money. If you have a guy you trust, for a quarter of the salary, and that money helps resign demarius thomas, then prater had to go. It doesn't make the guy an alcoholic. I am sure you are one of the world's leading authorities on addiction, but you don't know prater, or even the circumstances surrounding either incident. The fact that you are willing to bet that a guy, who again you don't know, who drinks a beer is an addict doesn't really add much.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually do not care if he kicks drunk out of his mind. If he can put it between the posts is the only problem of his I am interested in.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry that Henery cost you guys a winnable game. Sadly I think he is done. He never looked that bad in Philly. It seems his confidence is shot. Nice kid, but he doesn't seem to have what it takes to be an NFL kicker, physically or mentally. He struggled with longer kicks and kickoffs due to a weak leg, tried to adjust and seems to have just made it worse.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gvsulaker82 said:
Sign the guy, I could care less if he drinks, because statistically he can kick.

Someone in the Lions F.O. thought Henery could kick also, statistically speaking. Now, the difference in career games goes to Prater (96) to Hennery's (50). Total career FG% goes to Henery 82.4% to Prater's 81.6%...But here's the kicker regarding the kicker 50+ yd FG% difference. Now, Prater wasn't available when Henery was signed. You can see for yourself

.................20-29 yd FG%.....0-39 yd FG%......40-49 yds FG%.......50+ yd FG%

Prater.................93.0%.................91.7%.................64.2%..................77.8%
Henery...............96.3%..................85.7%.................78.6%.................37.5%

Matt Prater: Career Stats at NFL.com

Alex Henery: Career Stats at NFL.com