• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Henry cut

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the story on prater anyhow? Why is he avaliable

Trouble with the DUIs, like BigBlue said, but also his temporary replacement, Brandon McManus, is thought to have the strongest leg in the league, which could be down-right dangerous in the thin Denver air.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow last year 96 percent made, 6-7 from 50 plus, 8-8 from 40-49. They need to sign prater now. If they sign feely, fuck mayhew.

Prater would be my first choice, too, but remember that those astounding numbers last year were far and away his career high, and some 16% higher than his career average.

I still think he's the best kicker available right now, though, and he's absolutely the one I would sign.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have stated this before, but I will again, the most plausible explanation is he was a salary casualty, and Denver found another kicker they trust. There are a lot of contracts expiring this year in Denver, and they will need that money. If you have a guy you trust, for a quarter of the salary, and that money helps resign demarius thomas, then prater had to go. It doesn't make the guy an alcoholic. I am sure you are one of the world's leading authorities on addiction, but you don't know prater, or even the circumstances surrounding either incident. The fact that you are willing to bet that a guy, who again you don't know, who drinks a beer is an addict doesn't really add much.

You're kind of going over-board on his usage of the word 'addict' imo. I don't think that's an un-fair thing to suggest at all- alcohol addiction is a very real disease, and Prater knowingly risked millions of dollars just to have "a beer." That's the kind of physiological pattern that plagues many addicts.

Laker wasn't suggesting that he's a bad dude or anything, the word "addict" doesn't have to have a negative social stigma when used properly. I think he was just pointing out that Prater may be an alcoholic, as there is certainly plenty of evidence supporting that possibility.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh. go look at Prater's 40-49 FG% history though... Prater from 50+ yd...damn good %

40-49 yds... FGM/FGA...... %
2013................8/8........100%
2012................5/9........55.6%
2011................3/7........42.9%
2010................4/5........80.0%
2009................8/10......80.0%
2008................5/11......45.5%
2007................1/3........33.3%

kind of iffy from the 40-49 yd area and that was 1 of our problems last year, stalling offense outside the red-zone...21-35 yd area seemed most common..

Akers last year was 19/24 79.2% overall.. 20-29 yd..5/5 100%......30-39 yd..6/8 75%......40-49 yd...4/7 57.1%

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know someone who used to do the lines back in 80's. He was given an ultimatum. He quit cold turkey. He never, ever, did another one and to this very day still considers himself an addict. Why ? Because he knows how vulnerable he is to it and therefore NEVER puts himself in a situation to around it, fearing relapse. use 2 be an oz a week up the ol schnoz

what I was getting at, once an addict always an addict, when you've gone to extremes. maybe this wasn't the case with the brew

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to draft like 3 kickers next year and let them battle it out. Put the two that don't make it on the practice squad and have them kick FG after FG after FG so that they're ready to roll if the first guy doesn't make the grade.

Fuck all these shitty options we've had since Hanson, there's too many good kickers in the league not to figure out a way to find a good one. I like that we drafted one, but he didn't pan out. Hopefully that doesn't dissuade us from taking another one next year...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no please, to drafting 3 kickers next yr... shouldn't have drafted 1 this year. you can find them as FA's or UDFA's, IMO... We still need a lot of depth with 17 FA's next year and not knowing right now who's coming back

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, with Hanson I was always nervous when he was kicking, thinking "well he's been making everything, he's due for a miss". Then he'd nail it. Now I'm like " well we're due for a make here". And miss.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no please, to drafting 3 kickers next yr... shouldn't have drafted 1 this year. you can find them as FA's or UDFA's, IMO... We still need a lot of depth with 17 FA's next year and not knowing right now who's coming back

I do agree you can find them after the draft and also during. I defended Mayhew on Martin. Truly hard to slam a guy for a 7th round pick. % of them always making team are not high around the league.

Where was Hanson drafted and how did that turn out? Can not a fault any GM thinking he is their guy going after them.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree you can find them after the draft. I defended Mayhew on Martin. Truly hard to slam a guy for a 7th round pick. % of them always making team are not high around the league.

Where was Hanson drafted and how did that turn out? Can not a fault any GM thinking he is their guy going after them.
Mayhew didn't draft Hanson.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back in hiding as promised....or answer the question.

Jason Hanson (born June 17, 1970) is a retired football placekicker who spent his entire 21-year career playing for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Lions in the second round (56th overall) of the 1992 NFL Draft out of Washington State University. Hanson holds the NFL record for the most games played with one team, as well as multiple kicking and scoring records.

Mayhew still didn't draft him. Question answered.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You coming to TN? Come on over, Got some good Brisket down here. Good ole southern hosptatilty.

Going through KC tomorrow. Does not have to be south to get great BBQ. Pretty good joints in Memphis though.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just curious, is this the curse of Jason Hanson now? Instead of the Bobby Layne curse?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Detroit Lions are not just hosting kickers on free agent workouts today. According to various reports, the Lions have a handful of cornerbacks in town, too.

The Lions are hosting a kick-off this morning between veteran kickers Matt Prater, Jay Feely and Connor Barth and plan to sign the winner to replace Alex Henery, who was cut Monday after missing three field goals in a weekend loss to the Buffalo Bills.

According to ESPN, cornerback Ellis Lankster, who was released by the New York Jets last month, also is working out for the Lions this morning. And the National Football Post reports that former Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Curtis Marsh has a workout scheduled, too.

Matt Prater: Career Stats at NFL.com ...........81.6% career FG%

Jay Feely: Career Stats at NFL.com ...............82.7% career FG%

Connor Barth: Career Stats at NFL.com ..........84.2% career FG%

Barth didn't PK for anyone last year.. tore his right Achilles in charity BB game in 2013

Veteran kicker Jay Feely cut by Arizona Cardinals - ESPN

Connor Barth cut suddenly by NFL's Buccaneers | StarNewsOnline.com ... connor barth