• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Help me set up a Fantasy draft order

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't usually play fantasy football and I'm a much bigger fan of college football. But a buddy of mine in the States was one guy short for his league so I'm doing it this year.

The other problem is the draft is going to be after midnight my time on Sunday, and I've got a pretty important meeting on Monday so I don't want to be up until 3am. I've never set up a draft order to let it pick for you... how does that work? How do I make sure I get a good RB and WR1 early, but not end up with a roster full of them if I stack the start of the order to make sure there's someone left?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't usually play fantasy football and I'm a much bigger fan of college football. But a buddy of mine in the States was one guy short for his league so I'm doing it this year.

The other problem is the draft is going to be after midnight my time on Sunday, and I've got a pretty important meeting on Monday so I don't want to be up until 3am. I've never set up a draft order to let it pick for you... how does that work? How do I make sure I get a good RB and WR1 early, but not end up with a roster full of them if I stack the start of the order to make sure there's someone left?
It'll matter what site your using i believe. Some will go strictly off your list, regardless of team needs and what you've already got on the roster. Some will fill out your starting lineup first, based on the best available according to your list. Meaning, even though you've got 5 RB's and 6 WR's listed higher than a QB, if your starting RB's and WR's have been filled, it'll draft the QB over the others.

Once you've figured out which one you've got, it's nothing more than ranking about 250+ players according to which ones you like more

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a Yahoo league. Head to head scoring.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a Yahoo league. Head to head scoring.
Well, shoot. :L You would have to pick Yahoo. I haven't been in a Yahoo league for a few years.

You should have a button or a link associated with your Yahoo team to Edit Pre-Draft Player Rankings.

Click on it. You should get a window with 3 columns.
The current Yahoo ranking will be in the middle column.
The empty column on the right will be YOUR new personal ranking list.
(The empty column to the left is for players you absolutely do not want.)
Start moving players from the middle column by dragging and dropping from their current position to a new position.
I'm pretty sure you can hold the "Ctrl" button down to select multiple players so it isn't so tedious moving 1 at a time.
Of course if you realize you still want to adjust a player once you moved him, there are buttons for that on the side of each window too.

If this is not making sense, I did find this on line. It's 6 years old but hope it helps. (It's less than 7 minutes.)

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, shoot. :L You would have to pick Yahoo. I haven't been in a Yahoo league for a few years.

You should have a button or a link associated with your Yahoo team to Edit Pre-Draft Player Rankings.

Start moving players from the middle column by dragging and dropping from their current position to a new position.
I'm pretty sure you can hold the "Ctrl" button down to select multiple players so it isn't so tedious moving 1 at a time.
Of course if you realize you still want to adjust a player once you moved him, there are buttons for that on the side of each window too.

If this is not making sense, I did find this on line. It's 6 years old but hope it helps. (It's less than 7 minutes.)

Better than Average again

Joe very nice of you :suds::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't pick anything... my friend is commissioner of a league he's been doing for years.

Can you rank players by position to make sure you get your RBs/WRs first, a QB, fill out the rest of the roster and then get a defense? How do you make sure you get every position filled?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't pick anything... my friend is commissioner of a league he's been doing for years.

Can you rank players by position to make sure you get your RBs/WRs first, a QB, fill out the rest of the roster and then get a defense? How do you make sure you get every position filled?
If I'm understanding your question, Yahoo will auto pick your entire lineup based on its rankings.
If you want to personalize yiur rankings, you need to edit the predraft rankings yourself as described above.
To move or edit specific positions, there is a dropdown box that lets you rank a specific position.
Is this helpful?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is a matter that youy have zero permisions to the team he wants to give you, then you need a yahoo login and he needs to send you a league invite.