• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

helmet to helmet

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the first mistake is that on the offensive side of the ball, a runner carrying the ball and hitting a defensive player, neither player is defenseless and if your defender is defenseless he shouldnt be on the field.

The second mistake is that this rule is a farce and has been shown to be so in many games with incorrect ejections or calling the penalty and it shouldnt have been a penalty to begin with. This is just another way to panty up the sport and get it so they start handing out trophies to everyone at the end of the year. I say man the fuck up or sit on that fucking bench.[/QUOTE

I know the NFL specifically put an amendment to include offensive players. Helmet to helmet does not need to be a defenseless player. You see it called on LB vs RB. Been called for couple yrs.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible rule not because of its intent but because it is so poorly constructed (they can review the ejection but not the penalty?) and inconsistently applied.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FIFY

Last edited by a moderator:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought this up for couple reasons. I see defenders thrown out for much less obvious hits. Fowler initiated contact and he was staring at the ground. It was not a guy with his head up that ends up with helmet to helmet contact. He intentionally was using his head as a battering ram. Rarely do you see a defender do something like that, but there are defenders thrown out of games every week

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the first mistake is that on the offensive side of the ball, a runner carrying the ball and hitting a defensive player, neither player is defenseless and if your defender is defenseless he shouldnt be on the field.

The second mistake is that this rule is a farce and has been shown to be so in many games with incorrect ejections or calling the penalty and it shouldnt have been a penalty to begin with. This is just another way to panty up the sport and get it so they start handing out trophies to everyone at the end of the year. I say man the fuck up or sit on that fucking bench.[/QUOTE

I know the NFL specifically put an amendment to include offensive players. Helmet to helmet does not need to be a defenseless player. You see it called on LB vs RB. Been called for couple yrs.

NFL is getting pussified too. This is getting to the end result of no football at some point because it becomes unwatchable with all the bullshit flags.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought this up for couple reasons. I see defenders thrown out for much less obvious hits. Fowler initiated contact and he was staring at the ground. It was not a guy with his head up that ends up with helmet to helmet contact. He intentionally was using his head as a battering ram. Rarely do you see a defender do something like that, but there are defenders thrown out of games every week

Rarely, yet it happened in last nights game just a few plays before the Fowler incident. Watch the video, the player was defenseless in the arms of an opposing team player and the hit is loud with a helmet to helmet hit. The defender was looking at the ground, not the player, but no ejection came. None of the players on the other side were hurt and the game went on. Men were playing in last nights game, not boys.

I guess next it will be dont target the knees or mid section because it might injure a spleen or tear a knee ligament.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you sir, I still haven't figured out how to do that!

On the Youtube page in the search bar you will see something that looks like this "GU-x06OmLEU" or something similar in a tagline. Copy that and hit your youtube button on the tool bar on your post, then insert the code in the center of that youtube area that pops up. Then hit preview post to make sure you got it right. If not revise it and try again. Its pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Hope this helps.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rarely, yet it happened in last nights game just a few plays before the Fowler incident. Watch the video, the player was defenseless in the arms of an opposing team player and the hit is loud with a helmet to helmet hit. The defender was looking at the ground, not the player, but no ejection came. None of the players on the other side were hurt and the game went on. Men were playing in last nights game, not boys.

I guess next it will be dont target the knees or mid section because it might injure a spleen or tear a knee ligament.

That one is more arguable, because he leads with his shoulder turning his head to the side. I haven't seen a video of the Fowler TD. LSU guy could be called, but if Fowler played on my Pop Warner team I would have taken him out and told him if I see that again he will not see the field. His parents would have likely agreed. Dangerous play

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephon Tuitt got ejected against Pitt for this BS. The QB was scrambling to get a first down and lowered his head. It's debatable whether tuitt hit him with his helmet or shoulder first (on replay he was clearly trying to use his shoulder) but you cannot say the QB was defenseless. He led with his head. That it was upheld on replay was a joke.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one is more arguable, because he leads with his shoulder turning his head to the side. I haven't seen a video of the Fowler TD. LSU guy could be called, but if Fowler played on my Pop Warner team I would have taken him out and told him if I see that again he will not see the field. His parents would have likely agreed. Dangerous play

Would you then give the defender a trophy for getting ran over?

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a long time since I played HS football but I remember coaches giving out stickers for how much of the other teams paint we got on our helmets. We went out of our way to ring someones bell with a helmet to helmet hit. I you got a concussion you sat out a couple of series.
680.gif

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The penalty is consistently called on defensive players.

... and its never called on offensive players, likely because a defender has to get himself in the way in order for it to be helmet-to-helmet contact. The offensive player is aiming for a location, whilst a defender is aiming for a player.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you then give the defender a trophy for getting ran over?

You are a tool. I played a long time and love physical ball. Work with kids and you start to understand. I find it amazing that Bama fans have had multiple threads about the rules disadvantages the defense, but when I actually put that out using a Bama player on offense they resort to childish replies.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a tool. I played a long time and love physical ball. Work with kids and you start to understand. I find it amazing that Bama fans have had multiple threads about the rules disadvantages the defense, but when I actually put that out using a Bama player on offense they resort to childish replies.

tumblr_lxgsp1RSyg1qivdhm.gif