• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

helmet to helmet

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pardon if this was discussed, but I was watching Texas/WV and flipping to Bama/LSU. Fowler gets a TD late when the game is decided. He lowers his head and delivers a shot with the top of his helmet. He caused helmet to helmet contact. At some point you have to hold offensive players accountable for safety. It can not always be about the defensive player.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sport for men, leave your panties at home.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sport for men, leave your panties at home.

So typical. Take off your Bama glasses. The penalty is consistently called on defensive players. I am simply saying both the offense and defense should be held to the same standard. I figured a meaningless late TD was a great example that would not merit some homer induced reply, but I underestimated Bama fans.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So typical. Take off your Bama glasses. The penalty is consistently called on defensive players. I am simply saying both the offense and defense should be held to the same standard. I figured a meaningless late TD was a great example that would not merit some homer induced reply, but I underestimated Bama fans.

We had a helmet to helmet hit in the fourth not long before the play you spoke of that should have been a targeting penalty. We just accepted the penalty yards and drove on. Sometimes helmet to helmet happens, its a sport played by men(young men) and not for the faint of heart. dumbing down the game even further is only ruining the game we love. I see the targeting and maybe the helmet to helmet penalty either getting removed or tweeked at which time they may include offensive players as well.

And so you know, my comment wasnt because it was a Bama player, its because it is a mans sport plain and simple.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody have a clip of the plays you are talking about?

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody have a clip of the plays you are talking about?

I have one of how the play ended....

-b2fe8876a8e82f46.JPG

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole H2H and targeting is bullshit. Complete and utter pussification. You can't always control where you're going to hit a guy that is running, juking, jiving, side-stepping, jumping, spinning, and god knows what else to evade tacklers. All you can do is put a fucking hit on him and wrap him up. I hate most of these calls. Fucking pussies invading football now. And, a little off topic, but the same goes for that pussy in Miami that cried because he got "bullied." Fuckin' man-up!! Everyone else made it through you big baby. Shut the fuck up and buckle up your chin strap.

Aight. I feel better now.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was a terrible call during the ND Pitt game as well. And even with a chance to reverse the call during the booth review the refs fucked it up and the play stood as called and ejection was upheld.

This is the worst rule to ever be enacted due to the subjectivity of the call.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defenseless player? were either? just because Gary "find a cause" Danielson brings it up and talks about it for 20 minutes does not mean it was right! Why do.you single out Fowler and not LSU player or both? We all know why!

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most rules don't apply to the ball carrier, or are never called.
He is mostly immune to all of those rules. Always have been because he is considered the one that is vulnerable at any given time.

How many times have you seen a stiff arm be called when it was a facemask or hands to the head..... almost never.

He can hit you in the back, he can tackle you, he can hit you out of bounds. The list is endless.

Not saying it shouldn't change, it's just the way it is.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as helmet to helmet goes in this game, I'll call us even.

-e670eef3e13b16dc.JPG

Yup, Loston couldn't take the beating like a man and started getting dirty. I'm glad they didn't eject him though.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defenseless player? were either? just because Gary "find a cause" Danielson brings it up and talks about it for 20 minutes does not mean it was right! Why do.you single out Fowler and not LSU player or both? We all know why!

Mostly because i knew Bama fans would act like bitches. Actually I explained I did not see most of the game and this is a that stuck out to me. I am not a fan of these calls, but simply pointing out the bias of the call. I do not think I have ever seen an offensive player called for a penalty regarding helmet to helmet. Not an argument over the penalty just the bias against the defense.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly because i knew Bama fans would act like bitches. Actually I explained I did not see most of the game and this is a that stuck out to me. I am not a fan of these calls, but simply pointing out the bias of the call. I do not think I have ever seen an offensive player called for a penalty regarding helmet to helmet. Not an argument over the penalty just the bias against the defense.

Kenny Bell was called for it , but you are right it is really uncommon for an offensive player to be called.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most rules don't apply to the ball carrier, or are never called.
He is mostly immune to all of those rules. Always have been because he is considered the one that is vulnerable at any given time.

How many times have you seen a stiff arm be called when it was a facemask or hands to the head..... almost never.

He can hit you in the back, he can tackle you, he can hit you out of bounds. The list is endless.

Not saying it shouldn't change, it's just the way it is.

sadly, i agree with this. The stiff arm to the face has always been a pet peeve of mine. You can add "aiding the runner" the to that list. Given the seriousness of this penalty (ejection), you would have hoped that it would be given out judiciously.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the first mistake is that on the offensive side of the ball, a runner carrying the ball and hitting a defensive player, neither player is defenseless and if your defender is defenseless he shouldnt be on the field.

The second mistake is that this rule is a farce and has been shown to be so in many games with incorrect ejections or calling the penalty and it shouldnt have been a penalty to begin with. This is just another way to panty up the sport and get it so they start handing out trophies to everyone at the end of the year. I say man the fuck up or sit on that fucking bench.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole H2H and targeting is bullshit. Complete and utter pussification. You can't always control where you're going to hit a guy that is running, juking, jiving, side-stepping, jumping, spinning, and god knows what else to evade tacklers. All you can do is put a fucking hit on him and wrap him up. I hate most of these calls. Fucking pussies invading football now. And, a little off topic, but the same goes for that pussy in Miami that cried because he got "bullied." Fuckin' man-up!! Everyone else made it through you big baby. Shut the fuck up and buckle up your chin strap.

Aight. I feel better now.

TO the bold I can agree to a certain extent. Until the texts and voicemails came out where he was calling him the N word and telling him he was going to kill him. THAT is not hazing(which I have no problem with). The underlined part COULD be a felony.

I listen to a show every morning that has an NFL player on every Tuesday and they asked him if he had seen anything like this where he has played. He said emphatically NO. The usual hazing of making the new guys pay for a large meal, sing their fight song, and so on. He said that what Incognito did was WAY beyond what is the norm and something should be done about this 1 player and incident.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the first mistake is that on the offensive side of the ball, a runner carrying the ball and hitting a defensive player, neither player is defenseless and if your defender is defenseless he shouldnt be on the field.

The second mistake is that this rule is a farce and has been shown to be so in many games with incorrect ejections or calling the penalty and it shouldnt have been a penalty to begin with. This is just another way to panty up the sport and get it so they start handing out trophies to everyone at the end of the year. I say man the fuck up or sit on that fucking bench.

Two words explain this.

Concussion Lawsuits.