• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hell hath frozen

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second one was 5 years later and the a lot of the roster turned over. It wasn't even the same starting QB. Why don't you do some research before bad-mouthing people.

I'm completely distraught you don't agree with me....

I can go read stuff too, but I don't need to cause I was alive and paying attention when it all happened.

I still think Sieffert is a putz who did nothing after he left SF where the table was set for him. The "other" QB was around before too. Heck Steve Bono looked half assed for a while....

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The time frame I use is the SB era. I can understand teams who were established after that time adjusting the time frame but I'M if your team is as old as the SB and the league merger that's the time frame that should be used. PDay shortened the time frame down for you to 10 years, but that didn't help your argument did it. No an odd number like 7 did.
Now you're just making stuff up.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm completely distraught you don't agree with me....

I can go read stuff too, but I don't need to cause I was alive and paying attention when it all happened.

I still think Sieffert is a putz who did nothing after he left SF where the table was set for him. The "other" QB was around before too. Heck Steve Bono looked half assed for a while....

For the record, I also think Holmgren and Cowher are bums as well.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're just making stuff up.
What did I make up? You can't use 5 years because that eliminates the Cards SB trip, you can't use 10 years because the sorry ass Cowboys still have more wind over that time. Your harder to please than a women. It isn't your time of the month is it?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did I make up? You can't use 5 years because that eliminates the Cards SB trip, you can't use 10 years because the sorry ass Cowboys still have more wind over that time. Your harder to please than a women. It isn't your time of the month is it?

That sounds like a "you" problem.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that Jerah could use to learn from the Bidwills approach lately. Hire a football guy GM and get the hell out of the way.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me spoiled but playoff wins without bringing home the hardware doesn't mean a lot.
When Dallas won a PO game all it meant to me was the Dallas hasn't won chants had to stop, outside of that without the Lombardi it meant nothing to me.

LOL at you Manster. No wonder you have so many damn post, nearly 90% of them are worthless!

So it only means something to you if the cowboys win the Lombardi, huh? Division championships don’t mean shit, being a conference champion doesn’t mean diddly!…wow, you have gone “full retard” , and it’s only August.

Should be another entertaining season watching you crap all over yourself. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at you Manster. No wonder you have so many damn post, nearly 90% of them are worthless!

So it only means something to you if the cowboys win the Lombardi, huh? Division championships don’t mean shit, being a conference champion doesn’t mean diddly!…wow, you have gone “full retard” , and it’s only August.

Should be another entertaining season watching you crap all over yourself. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Yes winning the SB is what matters to me. Now no that doesn't mean I don't want Dallas to win the east or miss the playoffs, but no SB = a disappointing season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but lets not go back to 10-15 years ago. Lets look at the last 5 years? What team has been better. Anyone can go back 10-20 years and say their team is better, but lets use SF as an example. They suck and have sucked the last 4 years. Were they a top team 10 years ago, yep, but does that matter now, nope.

Cowboys 40-40
Cards 47-33

Cowboys had 1 playoff run within that 5 years
Cards have had 2 with being just short on a 3rd.

Wow, I do have to admit that I think it was cool how long Laundry coached the Cowboys, 29 season!

San Fran is a bad example.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that Jerah could use to learn from the Bidwills approach lately. Hire a football guy GM and get the hell out of the way.
Careful. Don't make any direct comments that point out a Cardinals strength over the Cowboys unless you want a lecture from one of the historians. They will go through the archives which happen to be sorted by the dewey decimal system considering that's how books were organized when the Cowboys were actually relevant.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful. Don't make any direct comments that point out a Cardinals strength over the Cowboys unless you want a lecture from one of the historians. They will go through the archives which happen to be sorted by the dewey decimal system considering that's how books were organized when the Cowboys were actually relevant.

That's pretty funny Scoob. I'm going to give you the point on this one.
Sorry, @Manster7588, this will have to be settled on the field.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The million dollar question, when were the Cardinals ever relevant?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it was coming. The Dallas historian strikes again.
We have been down this road too many times PDay and since you brought my name into it, I will retort with this question.

Why are you going all the way back to 96? Is it because you need those first 10 years to make the Cowboys look respectable? Keep it relevant and only go back 10 years considering it's been that long since the Cowboys actually beat the Cardinals.
:pop2:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has a very familiar ordor to it:scratch:
Well it's interesting question don't you think? If being relevant means winning titles, then when were the Cardinals ever relevant? Back in the 40s when there were no black players? I'm just not sure what his criteria is. Does winning a playoff game recently mean you are relevant or does it only apply to Super Bowls won. Because the Cowboys just won a playoff game in early 2015. If NFC Championship is the caveat, then sure, the Cardinals are relevant and the Cowboys aren't. But does it really matter if you make the NFC Championship when you get beat by 5 TDs? And that was after barely escaping the week before against a bad Packers team. And that was a week after they got stomped by the Seahawks at home. The Cards looked more like what they were supposed to be in January than the team that overachieved all season.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's interesting question don't you think? If being relevant means winning titles, then when were the Cardinals ever relevant? Back in the 40s when there were no black players? I'm just not sure what his criteria is. Does winning a playoff game recently mean you are relevant or does it only apply to Super Bowls won. Because the Cowboys just won a playoff game in early 2015. If NFC Championship is the caveat, then sure, the Cardinals are relevant and the Cowboys aren't. But does it really matter if you make the NFC Championship when you get beat by 5 TDs? And that was after barely escaping the week before against a bad Packers team. And that was a week after they got stomped by the Seahawks at home. The Cards looked more like what they were supposed to be in January than the team that overachieved all season.
I said that because there was a whole thread about it already. I'm not jumping back in that pond.