• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hell hath frozen

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one team gets a trophy every year. It's rather select company.

Since neither Arizona or Dallas have been to a SB recently.......the next logical step (something difficult to grasp for some Cowboy fans) is to compare playoff records. You may not like it but the Cards win hands down in that category the last 10 years.
Call me spoiled but playoff wins without bringing home the hardware doesn't mean a lot.
When Dallas won a PO game all it meant to me was the Dallas hasn't won chants had to stop, outside of that without the Lombardi it meant nothing to me.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the fact that the Cards have won 5 playoff games over that time span. I see you conviently forgot that part.
what ya mean...you're just spinning another direction is all.
Really?
Yes you guys lost a Super Bowl in the last 10 years but won 3 games along the way. So funny how Dallas fans have parameters but you hang your hat on a team 7 years ago winning 3 playoff games. Your the one grasping here....again!

since your teams one and only somewhat accomplishment being first runner up and all:
2-3 Vs 2-2

it's been fun Scooby, you remain a distant 3rd to Washington & eagle fans with regards to Dallas being a benchmark and all

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me spoiled but playoff wins without bringing home the hardware doesn't mean a lot.
When Dallas won a PO game all it meant to me was the Dallas hasn't won chants had to stop, outside of that without the
what ya mean...you're just spinning another direction is all.
Really?
Yes you guys lost a Super Bowl in the last 10 years but won 3 games along the way. So funny how Dallas fans have parameters but you hang your hat on a team 7 years ago winning 3 playoff games. Your the one grasping here....again!

since your teams one and only somewhat accomplishment being first runner up and all:
2-3 Vs 2-2

it's been fun Scooby, you remain a distant 3rd to Washington & eagle fans with regards to Dallas being a benchmark and all
nice try. Again, let's stay relevant.

Cardinals > Cowboys today. Very simple, accurate and current.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

But he built nothing.

You tack a 10 incher on me I'm a stud too....

The second one was 5 years later and the a lot of the roster turned over. It wasn't even the same starting QB. Why don't you do some research before bad-mouthing people.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are clueless, odds are while playoff wins are nice if your team is in a playoff drought I only care about winning it all, I'd imagine some Pittsburgh and 49er fans feel the same way. Don't get me wrong I want my team in the playoffs but if the SB is a long shot I don't worry if they do or not.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are clueless, odds are while playoff wins are nice if your team is in a playoff drought I only care about winning it all, I'd imagine some Pittsburgh and 49er fans feel the same way. Don't get me wrong I want my team in the playoffs but if the SB is a long shot I don't worry if they do or not.

Relax Manster. Nothing about my last statement is a stretch.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Things change year to year. Just two years ago the Cowboys were better. Your QB is old and injury prone just as the Cowboys' is. They aren't for sure-fire better. Previous seasons mean absolutely nothing. I don't know why fans think what happened last season is relevant to judging teams now when the NFL changes SO MUCH from year to year. Truth is, nobody knows who will be good this year. For the first time in a long time I'm not even sure how good the Pats will be.

Last edited:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things change year to year. Just two years ago the Cowboys were better. Your QB is old and injury prone just as the Cowboys' is. They aren't for sure-fire better. Previous seasons mean absolutely nothing. I don't know why fans think what happened last season is relevant to judging teams now when the NFL changes SO MUCH from year to year. Truth is, nobody knows who will be good this year. For the first time in a long time I'm not even sure how good the Pats will be.
Cone on Earl, by now you know some teams fans are allowed to designate time frames to fit their arguments, while others are not.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry should a left that chemistry alone.... That's a rare thing they had... What a move by Jimmy trading Herschel for those key draft picks... Although he did want to trade Irvin at first, but Al Davis talked him out of it.... BUT man that trade was everything to that Cowboy's team at the time...

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither have the Cardinals

True, but lets not go back to 10-15 years ago. Lets look at the last 5 years? What team has been better. Anyone can go back 10-20 years and say their team is better, but lets use SF as an example. They suck and have sucked the last 4 years. Were they a top team 10 years ago, yep, but does that matter now, nope.

Cowboys 40-40
Cards 47-33

Cowboys had 1 playoff run within that 5 years
Cards have had 2 with being just short on a 3rd.

Wow, I do have to admit that I think it was cool how long Laundry coached the Cowboys, 29 season!

Last edited:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but lets not go back to 10-15 years ago. Lets look at the last 5 years? What team has been better. Anyone can go back 10-20 years and say their team is better, but lets use SF as an example. They suck and have sucked the last 4 years. Were they a top team 10 years ago, yep, but does that matter now, nope.

Cowboys 40-40
Cards 47-33

Cowboys had 1 playoff run within that 5 years
Cards have had 2 with being just short on a 3rd.

Wow, I do have to admit that I think it was cool how long Laundry coached the Cowboys, 29 season!
Using SF was not a good example, and frankly, I'm surprised an SF fan hasn't come on here and lit into you yet. Unless I'm reading you incorrectly, the 49ers have made two NFC Championships in the past four years and a SB appearance.

And btw, I don't care what the Cowboys have done in the past 10 years. As a matter of fact, I'm trying to delete the last 20 years from my memory. The Cowboys are at their lowest point in franchise history. Many teams compare to the Cowboys favorably in the last 10-20 years.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cone on Earl, by now you know some teams fans are allowed to designate time frames to fit their arguments, while others are not.
Exactly. Which is what you and Pday do ad nauseam.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda think Jerry is still kinda missing the boat on it.

It isn't just the departure of Jimmy Johnson that has been the albatross.

It's always seemed to me Jerry's biggest error was thinking himself to be a football guy.

He could have replaced Jimmy with a football guy and still been successful but instead he replaces them whith people who just let him make all the football decisions.

There was the story of a time the media asked Barry Switzer what he didn't like about a player that was cut. I think it may have been Eric Bjornson.

Switzer's reply was that he didn't know the guy had got cut.

When the owner cuts a player and the head coach finds out from the media.....

that will never end well.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Which is what you and Pday do ad nauseam.
The time frame I use is the SB era. I can understand teams who were established after that time adjusting the time frame but I'M if your team is as old as the SB and the league merger that's the time frame that should be used. PDay shortened the time frame down for you to 10 years, but that didn't help your argument did it. No an odd number like 7 did.