• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hecklers

Hecklers?

• Love Em!

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No, they're obnoxious dolts!

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should start a poll, never done such a thing.....

Like them or not?

I find them entertaining for the most part......the only time I engaged in such activity myself I was drunk and it was a spring training game.....the guy was warming up in the bullpen, and I was heckling him saying shit like "that's your fastball???" "That change up aint going to fool anybody meat" "You better have better stuff than that dude"

I don't even remember who he was, but he came into the game and the D-backs hit that poor guy around like no tomorrow......

I still feel bad about it, not cool to fuck with a young kid in spring training warming up in the bullpen.....:oops:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, they gotta get used to that shit anyway. This ain't a profession for the overly sensitive. Didn't vote on the poll yet, 'cause i'm kinda split. Some heckling's entertaining and some is just plain obnoxious.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the problem, some of it is great, and some of it, is terrible. So I voted for No. I heckled twice in my life, and I think it was pretty good. But usually the ones I have seen are terrible. Just cursing, and dumb stupid jokes. So, for the sake of good humor down with the hecklers, and up with mutiny.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta be good at it; know about the person and do it when you're bizzed enough to have false courage to yell stuff out to a very rich celebrity/athlete and thousands of fans but still not so drunk as to lose your wit. Having some inside knowledge of the person is key.

I've rocked Alfonso Soriano in left field at Petco and K-Rod in the bullpen for the Mets back in about '10. I got K-rod on a Sunday after he had just blown 2 consecutive saves for them. His wife kept going over to the railing and talking to him and taking their 4/5 yr old daughter. When they left I was saying stuff about how humiliated he must be to have fucked up so terribly in front of his own family. Pedro Feliciano was sitting next to him and just kept glaring at me. Then K-Rod got up and started warming up and I realized it might not have been the smartest thing to do. Damn, that guys windup and release is so lightning fast when you're drunk it doesn't even register in your brain.

The vast majority of hecklers aren't witty; they just get Corey Hart in right field and yell Corey Fart and juvenile, grade-school shit like that. Like he's never heard THAT before. In general, hecklers aren't funny.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find more often than not the loudest people at sporting events also tend to be some of the most misinformed and ignorant people at sporting events. The worst is if they do get a laugh early on they don't know when to quit and just keep ruining the game for others.

If you have a good one liner, awesome, let it rip and enjoy it. Anything more than that and you're being an ass.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find more often than not the loudest people at sporting events also tend to be some of the most misinformed and ignorant people at sporting events. The worst is if they do get a laugh early on they don't know when to quit and just keep ruining the game for others.

If you have a good one liner, awesome, let it rip and enjoy it. Anything more than that and you're being an ass.

Almost always true. I was at a game one time (Phils@Pads) and had a great seat right behind the plate about 10 rows up. Well, some guy had a personal beef with Bobby Abreu and everytime he'd step out in the on-deck circle or at bat, this guy had a file folder and was reading out a bunch of stuff about lawyers and shit. He was apparently suing Abreu over some deal gone bad and decided ruining the damn game for people who paid $80 a ticket was the best way to do it.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I remember many years ago when Peon Sanders played for the Reds....Myself and a few of my buddies went to a couple of Marlins games when the Reds were in town.

We harassed the shit out of Dime Time...He struck out 10 times in the 3 games they played, probably would of been more but he was pulled every game...not sure if it was cause of us heckling him or not....fuck him. He is a paid pro and I bought a ticket so I contributed to his salary so I dont care if he liked it or not....All 5 of us bought tickets, so all 5 of us contributed to his salary...deal with it!!!

Hell the idiot even came to the center field fence and told me to bring my ass on the field...LOL dumb shit, like I was gonna go on the field and get tossed in jail....I just yelled back to him come on up in the stands and see if you dont get your ass kicked....LOL

Good times Good times!!!

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heckling is a fine art and when executed properly, it can be hilarious. But often it just makes the fan look obnoxious

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think good and entertaining heckling is an art. As such, and if said art would only be left to true artists, then this would not be an issue.

However, in most case, the scene ends up being just one way too loud and drunk guy spilling his guts. So, do I like it, yes. Just not often, and only when done well, and without profanity.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the time it makes fans look ridiculously stupid and you want to punch them in the face! I HATE the ones (when you are watching tv) and clearly are drunk and are by the camera and no it and just yell out the same stupid chit all the time no matter who is up at the plate...

Some times its good but only for a little bit. You can only take repeating people for so long.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly a heckler item, but I had to fit this somewhere, so.......

Former Jay and current Jays analyst Gregg Zaun is quoted in the Toronto Star about the increasingly boorish behavior of Jays fans at Rogers Centre:
Gregg Zaun has also chimed in, suggesting some Jays’ fans are engaging in boorish, obnoxious behaviour that he finds appalling … “It’s very, very prevalent at the Rogers Centre, especially in the later innings when the Jays are losing that people lose their minds … They’re getting drunker, and drunker and drunker and it’s because fans are getting younger and younger,” Zaun said. He added he is most concerned about fans throwing objects onto the field, but he doesn’t even think “profanity should be tolerated at all.”

Stay classy Toronto

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly a heckler item, but I had to fit this somewhere, so.......

Former Jay and current Jays analyst Gregg Zaun is quoted in the Toronto Star about the increasingly boorish behavior of Jays fans at Rogers Centre:
Gregg Zaun has also chimed in, suggesting some Jays’ fans are engaging in boorish, obnoxious behaviour that he finds appalling … “It’s very, very prevalent at the Rogers Centre, especially in the later innings when the Jays are losing that people lose their minds … They’re getting drunker, and drunker and drunker and it’s because fans are getting younger and younger,” Zaun said. He added he is most concerned about fans throwing objects onto the field, but he doesn’t even think “profanity should be tolerated at all.”

Stay classy Toronto

I think Mr. Zaun could pretty much substitute any other MLB teams name for "Jays" in this statement...

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Mcdowell's not a fan.

dailyshow_zen.gif